CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I love an all glass air path but I would like the option of an unbreakable stem of some kind. I know I could get a wooden one through Ed. I was thinking about the kind that the UD has. Is it made of nylon? I'm sure Andy has tried different stems, the glass probably works best.

CarolKing

giphy.gif

A shout out to all you Enano lovers. I give it 5 stars ***** for flavor,
convenience, maintenance, ease of use and a miser with the bud. The
nano hasn't been getting the love lately that she deserves. Loving my
nano right now. A nice daytime strain Snoops Dream, a hybrid which is
a combination of Master Kush + Blue Dream = A perfect strain for day.

I got through my work day. Looking for some time off this summer.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
giphy.gif

The NANO has flavor I love however the effect is amazing!

SNOOP DOG any strain is great that includes his name!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
giphy.gif

I'm as guilty as all of not posting here as much. Truthfully, have been saving my typing/posting time for the Milaana. It's pretty new, and plenty of activity to keep up with over in that thread.

HOWEVER, nano is still my primary daily driver!! Even though I am loving the honeymoon stage with my new vape, nano has still been getting and giving plenty of love! The Milaana is fun to play with on glass, or carry around the house and beyond. But, when it's time to vape and I'm in my regular spot the Milaana just sits there looking cute. Yeah, cute. It is, but no where near the beauty of my tried and trusty cherry nano! And, she always seems to look finer perched up on top of a bubbler or on my J-hook.

Noticed one of my favorite glass blowers is selling his vapes to raise some cash. We've all been there, or close I guess. What I liked about this (and he says right in the classifieds ad), "Selling them all but my nano". :D

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I don't have much to say right now, but that doesn't mean that I'm using my nano any less, I promise.

I have a few vapes that are collecting dust and one that has fallen apart. However, my nano is ol' reliable. I'll be using it tonight and next night and the next....

I have a mix of Berry Bomb and God Bud that I'm enjoying right now. It soothes me at night and rounds off all the edges.

Talking about quiet, we haven't heard from @Enchantre in a while. I hope all is well for her.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm as guilty as all of not posting here as much. Truthfully, have been saving my typing/posting time for the Milaana. It's pretty new, and plenty of activity to keep up with over in that thread.

HOWEVER, nano is still my primary daily driver!! Even though I am loving the honeymoon stage with my new vape, nano has still been getting and giving plenty of love! The Milaana is fun to play with on glass, or carry around the house and beyond. But, when it's time to vape and I'm in my regular spot the Milaana just sits there looking cute. Yeah, cute. It is, but no where near the beauty of my tried and trusty cherry nano! And, she always seems to look finer perched up on top of a bubbler or on my J-hook.

Noticed one of my favorite glass blowers is selling his vapes to raise some cash. We've all been there, or close I guess. What I liked about this (and he says right in the classifieds ad), "Selling them all but my nano". :D
I could have a collection of blow dryers (vaporizer)

When you get over the newest back.
Love is in the eye of the beholder.

I hate portables!

throwawaytre3s

The NANO has flavor I love however the effect is amazing!

SNOOP DOG any strain is great that includes his name!

I don't want to derail the thread, but if you have experience with them, are the snoop dog that good compared to other top shelf?

My nano has been holding out great. I've found that Jacky White on a 6 vapes perfectly. I normally don't comment on strain much, but this one really stands out. Each bowl seems like it lasts forever.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I don't want to derail the thread, but if you have experience with them, are the snoop dog that good compared to other top shelf?

My nano has been holding out great. I've found that Jacky White on a 6 vapes perfectly. I normally don't comment on strain much, but this one really stands out. Each bowl seems like it lasts forever.

I find all varieties are better - or actually do more of their own thing - on the nano. Shitty stuff is even shittier, though. I got this crap that smelled a little perfumey/flowery. I couldn't even take it in the nano! I put it in the solo with a little of something else and it wasn't nearly as bad. Buzz was fine, and don't think it was tainted, just really didn't like the taste.

SWIM went out to Denver and came back with all kinds of good shit! Not only was the flavor amazing, and very distinctive on nano at 6. The buzzes were different, and noticed much more difference in nano than I did in VapMan and a couple other vapes. Combusting (not by my choice) gave a little difference on each, but not close to vaping. And, would say the difference there was about the same as nano compared to VapMan and DBV. Seems concentrates offer the same differences in flavor and buzz, also.

Maybe in part because I have as much experience as I do with my nano, but nothing else I've used or tried comes close with flavor or conservation of stash. There are really only two downsides.... need to plug it in (the big one IMO), and not being able to load monster loads in it. And, I'm OK with the second one. I kind of like to play with my shit anyway - so reloading every 3 or so hits is all good by me.

I could have a collection of blow dryers (vaporizer)

When you get over the newest back.
Love is in the eye of the beholder.

I hate portables!

I get what you're saying @ataxian - and used to feel the same. I'm so glad you ran the cord outside so you're not stuck with the solo in the sunshine! Mine was OK for when needed, but not really a favorite other than for those times when it was best/easiest to use. The Milaana, though? WOW! Not quite a nano, but closest I've found without a cord. I'm getting used to it, but for the first few days even walking around the house without being tethered by a cord and getting heavy convection vapor was almost surreal!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I've been absent from this thread for way too long. I've had my E-Nano for nine months now and have been using it as my daily driver this entire time. It's probably been on for half of those nine months, patiently awaiting my presence. I can't express how great it is to have powerful, instant, tasty convection goodness ready to go anytime I'm home.

The nano has easily allowed me to fuck combustion for the past nine months so it was worth it's price for that alone. Also, it's so damn efficient I'm pretty sure it's literally paid for itself by now. I've used it at low temps, high, wet, dry, with flowers and concentrates. It never disappoints.

I agree with @flotntoke, the nano really exposes the strain for what it is. When I first got my nano I was getting a wide variety of amazing strains constantly. Now it is a little more hit and miss, and I can tell the difference way more than when I was combusting. Good strains taste better, but bad strains taste worse in comparison. It's turned me into a bit of a snob honestly.

I waxed my nano with some beeswax last week and it's looking better than ever. I've spent less than 10 minutes on cleaning the nano itself, including the waxing, since I've had it. The stems don't take much time to clean either, and are a great source of reclaim.

I feel I'm being too positive but there isn't much bad to say about the nano. I wish the temp dial took more effort to turn, it's easy to accidentally bump it and not notice, happened to me earlier tonight actually. Didn't matter at all, but it still happens more than I would prefer. I know there's fixes for that but I try to avoid modding my vapes in any way unless absolutely necessary.

Anyway, I've been rambling too long. To my fellow members of the nano nation, keep your hands warm :science:

Good wishes to all. :peace:

CarolKing

The nano a perfect medicating tool. It works 24/7 to be on duty. It doesn't take much time for it to heat up from temp 3 to 6. Maybe 5 min or so.

I have a larger desk style vaporizer the EVO that I don't use as often because it's big and takes time to get out and put away. Also it has a larger oven than the Enano. The EVO works well with the glass nail and concentrates.

I saw @Enchantre a few weeks ago. She doing really great she said.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
... I wish the temp dial took more effort to turn, it's easy to accidentally bump it and not notice, happened to me earlier tonight actually. Didn't matter at all, but it still happens more than I would prefer. I know there's fixes for that but I try to avoid modding my vapes in any way unless absolutely necessary.

Anyway, I've been rambling too long. To my fellow members of the nano nation, keep your hands warm :science:

Good wishes to all. :peace:

Nice report!

Just wanted to mention one of the easier fixes for this. Get a rubber band or hair band and put it on the dial. Optimally, you want something just tight enough to hold it. Then you will be able to still turn the dial a little - though with a bit more effort. Know there are a bunch of posts with pictures of various stuff being used somewhere way back in the thread.

I used to use those big blue rubber bands that come on broccoli. They are usually just a bit too tight new. Put one on a pill bottle or something and leave it in a sunny window or in front of a heater vent for a day. This will stretch it out just a little. Then put it on one side of the dial housing so it just hangs over the dial.

Turning the dial with it like this can wear your numbers/dashes down. If you haven't yet, paint the dial face with some clear nail polish. Another simple, but useful tip. My current dial looks as good as new for 2 years now except for a few marks I made with fingernail and edge of ePik. Not too hard to see these notches in low light, which also works out pretty well. Just tilt the dial back and forth and look for the less shiny marks.

Neither too much of a mod, and rubber band is simple to put on or take off. I haven't done it in more than a year, though. Really don't think it is any harder to turn now. Seems at some point I just unconsciously figured out how to stop bumping it. Now it happens to me maybe once every 6 weeks and I can usually tell a few seconds into first hit if something is off.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

I love SNOOP DOGGY PURPLE KUSH with most vaporizers.
It's grown in EAST LONG BEACH however it is rare to see it out of the GHETTO.
I look for it however only had it once?

In a NANO flavor strains really stand out.

I get what you're saying @ataxian - and used to feel the same. I'm so glad you ran the cord outside so you're not stuck with the solo in the sunshine! Mine was OK for when needed, but not really a favorite other than for those times when it was best/easiest to use. The Milaana, though? WOW! Not quite a nano, but closest I've found without a cord. I'm getting used to it, but for the first few days even walking around the house without being tethered by a cord and getting heavy convection vapor was almost surreal!

I don't mean to sound so harsh.

It sounds like I might be an asshole?

Depends where I sit?

The NANO is alway's plugged in!
The SOLO I use because it's doesn't taste that bad.
I do hate potables and think it's a huge step back!

Do what works for you!

It doesn't matter what anyone think's!

Last edited by a moderator:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I don't mean to sound so harsh.

It sounds like I might be an asshole?

Depends where I sit?

The NANO is alway's plugged in!
The SOLO I use because it's doesn't taste that bad.
I do hate potables and think it's a huge step back!

Do what works for you!

It doesn't matter what anyone think's!

@ataxian - never take you as harsh or as an asshole. Love your style!

You're right, solo doesn't taste that bad, but I don't find it tastes too good, either. Leaves from most of the trees in my yard don't really taste too bad either, but I usually leave them alone too! :lol:

Try some pure convection untethered from a cord, and think your opinion may change. Or, is that evolve? Milaana still isn't a nano, but it is mighty tasty! And, doesn't cook your load when you're not hitting it.

flotntoke,
Reactions: Vaponly

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian - never take you as harsh or as an asshole. Love your style!

You're right, solo doesn't taste that bad, but I don't find it tastes too good, either. Leaves from most of the trees in my yard don't really taste too bad either, but I usually leave them alone too! :lol:

Try some pure convection untethered from a cord, and think your opinion may change. Or, is that evolve? Milaana still isn't a nano, but it is mighty tasty! And, doesn't cook your load when you're not hitting it.
Well I think it's time for me to leave you alone!

I may have a different POV.

Cannabis is my first LOVE and it was free when I started.

Portables are for people without homes.
No way does a portable taste as good has a plug-in.

If your collecting hair dyers (vaporizers) we are from a different era.

Happy Trails!

My flavor device is plugged and ready. (it's called a NANO)

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
So I've recently found out about the Heat Island (HI) and I really like that it's an economic vape. I had been set on a nano so I just want to ask, what would I be missing out on (if anything) if I get a HI instead of a nano.

I guess what I really want to know is about the heating element. The nano heats up faster, does that mean it has more power to deliver toasty air on demand? The HI says it keeps up with hot air production because it doesn't have a full metal core or somesuch, It made me think of the underdog vape and their air core and standard core models. Is that basically what I'm looking at in differences? I don't mind a 3 minute difference in heat up time. I plan to only plug it in 3-4 times a day. I'm also assuming that if I get a variable power supply and provide 15 volts to it it will also heat up in 2 minutes. If anyone has these two models, please let me know.

If you happen to have an Underdog as well please chime in. I started off picking a nano because it was the one I'd seen and liked. Then I saw an underdog and looked up youtube videos. Once I was on youtube the HI popped up and I was like that thing is tiny!

I really like the tiny look of the HI. If anything that may be what convinces me to pick it (and the budget), just wanted to get the nano people's opinion since it appears you are the majority and I want to know if there's anything I would miss out on.

thisperson,

thisperson

...that's still an issue after years? :(

I had read that in the first ten pages of the thread. Everyone was talking about the waiting list. But somehow I thought that wouldn't be an issue five years later. I found his website and thought I could just order one on the first and get it shipped.

thisperson,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
So I've recently found out about the Heat Island (HI) and I really like that it's an economic vape. I had been set on a nano so I just want to ask, what would I be missing out on (if anything) if I get a HI instead of a nano.

I guess what I really want to know is about the heating element. The nano heats up faster, does that mean it has more power to deliver toasty air on demand? The HI says it keeps up with hot air production because it doesn't have a full metal core or somesuch, It made me think of the underdog vape and their air core and standard core models. Is that basically what I'm looking at in differences? I don't mind a 3 minute difference in heat up time. I plan to only plug it in 3-4 times a day. I'm also assuming that if I get a variable power supply and provide 15 volts to it it will also heat up in 2 minutes. If anyone has these two models, please let me know.

If you happen to have an Underdog as well please chime in. I started off picking a nano because it was the one I'd seen and liked. Then I saw an underdog and looked up youtube videos. Once I was on youtube the HI popped up and I was like that thing is tiny!

I really like the tiny look of the HI. If anything that may be what convinces me to pick it (and the budget), just wanted to get the nano people's opinion since it appears you are the majority and I want to know if there's anything I would miss out on.
The biggest thing you will be missing out on is a year's worth of nano usage. I say get on the waiting list for the Heat Island, and buy an E-Nano for now.

Using your nano will help you decide on how you want your HI customized when the time finally comes.

GetLeft

Yep if you want to wait a year go with the HI. Get yourself a nano while you're waiting :)

I considered the UD. The choice was a tough one. I went with the nano due to the easily regulated temp control, which is an absolute must for my needs. I don't vape at high temps and sometimes even want just light vapor. The UD requires tinkering to be able to incorporate temp adjustment device.

This being said, I imagine someday I'll own a UD. And if I could own all three I would. Not sure I'd find the time to use them all, but that would be a problem I would enjoy solving!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I suppose I should add why I chose the nano. I liked that it was an AC device with built in temp control.

Any log vape should work wonders, but I like the simplicity of the nano. I didn't want to have to use a variable voltage power supply (vvps) to adjust temps. Other people really like the precision and consistency that a vvps offers.

You could use a HI or Underdog in a car very easily, while a nano would require an AC to DC converter.

So I would say that the method of power is the main difference between the nano and other log vapes. Other than that it all comes down to aesthetics. Underdogs are more unique than the nano, Heat Islands are tiny and beautiful. The E-Nano is less customizable but my fiddleback maple is beautiful. The nano is also beautifully crafted, it's hard to believe that it's made by only one man. There's a certain level of design that almost makes it feel like an Apple product or something.

I'm a design nerd so little details make me happy. Stuff like the slight bezel at the top of the outer metal core, or the way the top rim of the wood has a slight curve. The neon bulb (not led!) glows brighter the higher your temp. The cork feet are beautiful, functional, and fit perfectly with the rest of the design.

thisperson

Huh. I'll keep those minor details in mind. I sent an email to the HI maker to put me down on the list and to let me know the expected wait time.

I'm not wealthy and selecting one is critical. Now that you've told me that the Underdog and HI are DC compared to the Nano's AC I think I will go for one of those two. I saw that really cool battery pack addition in the Underdog thread and assuming I can do that too with the HI, I'll be set.

My cousin and I have gone out to nature before around our parts and just blazed it. I like the thought of doing that with a log vape and a small bubbler. Plus I saw a video of a lady using the HI with a silicone stem on the micro bubbler. It sealed perfectly on the bowl. I really like that design over the glass stems. But tbh I think I'm going to go for a wood stem. Wood/SS. I really like the HI's stems.

Keeping an open mind. But I think I really want this one. Now I just wait to see what the owner tells me on waiting list times.

Thanks for your comment.

The electricity thing made me go, huh, so I can get a large solar panel and have this thing be always on during the day. Cool!

Edit: Is there a specific reason one would want an AC vape?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Huh. I'll keep those minor details in mind. I sent an email to the HI maker to put me down on the list and to let me know the expected wait time.

I'm not wealthy and selecting one is critical. Now that you've told me that the Underdog and HI are DC compared to the Nano's AC I think I will go for one of those two. I saw that really cool battery pack addition in the Underdog thread and assuming I can do that too with the HI, I'll be set.

My cousin and I have gone out to nature before around our parts and just blazed it. I like the thought of doing that with a log vape and a small bubbler. Plus I saw a video of a lady using the HI with a silicone stem on the micro bubbler. It sealed perfectly on the bowl. I really like that design over the glass stems. But tbh I think I'm going to go for a wood stem. Wood/SS. I really like the HI's stems.

Keeping an open mind. But I think I really want this one. Now I just wait to see what the owner tells me on waiting list times.

Thanks for your comment.

The electricity thing made me go, huh, so I can get a large solar panel and have this thing be always on during the day. Cool!

Edit: Is there a specific reason one would want an AC vape?
I like AC mainly because I don't need a vvps to adjust temps up and down. I don't really need another box laying around my house if I can avoid it. With a DC device you are stuck at that one heat level. You can adjust it down with a dimmer switch similar to the nano's, but can't make it any hotter. A vvps can make it hotter, but you are increasing the already high voltage running out of your wall. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving that running all the time like I do with my nano.

Also, partly because it's AC the nano has a more powerful heater, that has the potential to heat up faster. This more powerful heater also goes up to around 560 degrees, which is great for concentrates. You can use the nano as a makeshift e-nail and it works great, although I prefer to use concentrates with cotton at the upper range of vaporization temperatures.

It sounds like a DC device might be the best for you. Whatever vape you do choose, I'm sure you'll have fun keeping your hands warm.

Top Bottom