flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
aw man, my D020 has been sitting in San Francisco since the 4th :(

Eh... it happens. How long ago did you order? IMO anything less than 3 weeks direct from China, and you're doing pretty good!

EDIT: Just occurred to me this isn't the other thread, so should explain why 3 weeks is good. Your stuff has to go from place to place in China, be bulk packaged with other things for shipping overseas, go through whatever customs process they have there, get across the pacific to here, then go through customs and unpacking here - much of which probably done by union longshoremen and US Govt workers who don't work holiday weekends for cheap - if at all. Then it finally gets into the US mailstream, which can sometimes be a hassle all its own! It's not like Amazon where they pull it from a shelf, throw it in a box, stick a label on and the shipper picks it up on one of their several daily stops.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Unfortunately, every time I put on or take off my Nano from my bubbler, I do it in the same direction. So what I'm left with is a smaller cable every time I use my Nano. Which in turn, eventually leaves me with a Nano that is unable to reach my bubbler. That's when the unwinding begins.

thepinkservbot

Eh... it happens. How long ago did you order? IMO anything less than 3 weeks direct from China, and you're doing pretty good!

EDIT: Just occurred to me this isn't the other thread, so should explain why 3 weeks is good. Your stuff has to go from place to place in China, be bulk packaged with other things for shipping overseas, go through whatever customs process they have there, get across the pacific to here, then go through customs and unpacking here - much of which probably done by union longshoremen and US Govt workers who don't work holiday weekends for cheap - if at all. Then it finally gets into the US mailstream, which can sometimes be a hassle all its own! It's not like Amazon where they pull it from a shelf, throw it in a box, stick a label on and the shipper picks it up on one of their several daily stops.

Oh, no, I totally understand that this isn't just coming out of some warehouse in Vegas or whatever and that there's a lot of screening and labor attached to the process. I guess I just hoped that touching down in the US meant the beginning of the fast track, but oh well, I guess that would only have been the case if it was like... "on top" or whatever, I suppose? Anyway, no big deal.

Oh, and I ordered it on the 28th, so it's definitely still within the quoted window (at first 7-12 days, then 6-15).

Order a CHASiEN on ebay.
I use it to add volume and work as a carborator.

I play with ash collectors as well.

Glass is like giant tinker toys!

Play with the NANO!

Hee hee, I've already sunk a bit of money into vaporizing lately, but maybe I could add one more little bauble...

(and I'm planning on getting an aromatherapy solution of some stripe)

The Stranger

Account Closed
Interesting..... please let us know more about how they compare when you get a chance. Doubt it will knock the nano off the top spot for me, but always good to know about other vapes that may make it into the arsenal. Pretty sure there have been some comparisons to other vapes here in the thread (definitely in specific comparison threads), but no comparisons to HerbalAire I know of - and I've been looking for some for a while. Could also help other current HA owners with deciding about getting a nano.

Well, I'm not really sure. They're kind of completely different experiences and when I bought the nano I had all intentions to sell the herbalaire to my buddy but now I'm having second thoughts.

The most obvious thing is that the herbalaire blows the nano out of the water for group sessions. (but no fucking duh right?) I find it easier to get good flavor from the herbalaire because all I have to do is turn it to 320 and sip - and it works everytime. The nano is more touchy and I'm sure as I use it more, using it whichever way I feel like for that particular session, will be second nature.

Other than that, the herbalaire is just kind of a static experience. I use the direct draw straw for lower temperature, around 350 I throw on the whip because I can't take the throat tickle --- and then there's the balloons. :suspicious: I goddamn don't like them! They're too damn loud, god when I did a group session we used them by an open window and I can't even imagine what people thought as they walked by and heard our (probably dopey) conversations, laughter and those goddamn things constantly crinkling. :lol:

Basically what I'm saying is with the herbalaire, I just turn it to the heat I want and sip. Those first two or three hits at 320 are just yummmm. :drool: Then you sit around waiting because you don't feel anything and all the sudden you got crept up on and you're saying, "well shit, I'm high."

But it's kind of a boring experience compared to the nano. I like holding the wood and feeling the heat and moving the stem around to control the temperature as I draw. I like being able to hit the nano on an instants notice and feel it almost immediately and also finish that bowl in 2-3 hits. Yeah I suffer on getting that perfect sweet taste on the first hit sometimes but I don't care.

So yeah, they both work real well. Just differently. I don't know if this is the type of review you were thinking of because I kind of just rambled but I think maybe it's ok haha. :shrug::lol:

I have to go!

GetLeft

Yeah this nano-nator is no joke.
It will be a while before I can say I understand it altogether. I'm a fairly light user, all things considered, and the nano seems to be a bit of a force to be reckoned with. So some time will be needed.
Some things, though, I'm two-plus-twoing.
Like go too far above 6.5 (say 6.75) and be prepared for some pre-combustion (if not combustion) style materials. And some blackish (if not black) abv. Unless you have the experience (and therefor finesse) that helps keep that from happening. But hit it (as a novice) too strongly above 6.5 and expect to taste/feel it in the lung area.
Also. Until last night, I hadn't had a good back-to-back hit at the nano, due to messing around with other things that I'm still figuring out. Then last night circumstances provided that I had a nice back-to-back hitter. And man was I strongly buzzed. Future rule to self: one hit. Wait. Another hit. Wait.
Another tangle in my whole vaping web is meshing my usage of a portable with a desktop, because I'm very fond of both. And I am delighted to say that I do not see myself having the affair untangled for quite a while.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Unfortunately, every time I put on or take off my Nano from my bubbler, I do it in the same direction. So what I'm left with is a smaller cable every time I use my Nano. Which in turn, eventually leaves me with a Nano that is unable to reach my bubbler. That's when the unwinding begins.
It will be a while before I can say I understand it altogether. I'm a fairly light user, all things considered, and the nano seems to be a bit of a force to be reckoned with. So some time will be needed.
Like go too far above 6.5 (say 6.75) and be prepared for some pre-combustion (if not combustion) style materials. And some blackish (if not black) abv. Unless you have the experience (and therefor finesse) that helps keep that from happening. But hit it (as a novice) too strongly above 6.5 and expect to taste/feel it in the lung area.
Also. Until last night, I hadn't had a good back-to-back hit at the nano, due to messing around with other things that I'm still figuring out. Then last night circumstances provided that I had a nice back-to-back hitter. And man was I strongly buzzed. Future rule to self: one hit. Wait. Another hit. Wait.
Another tangle in my whole vaping web is meshing my usage of a portable with a desktop, because I'm very fond of both. And I am delighted to say that I do not see myself having the affair untangled for quite a while.
Sorry to make comment!

I just NANO'D a load of ANIMAL COOKIES and I will study.

Koby

Has one of you an idea what setup would fit a person the best with COPD? (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) I want to introduce my mom into vaping, but I don't want to give her a bad experience with cannabis, she's a first time user and could really benefit from vaping :/

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Has one of you an idea what setup would fit a person the best with COPD? (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) I want to introduce my mom into vaping, but I don't want to give her a bad experience with cannabis, she's a first time user and could really benefit from vaping :/
Define setup? Are you talking about what vape to buy her? or what glass to use with the E-Nano for her?

If you're talking about glass + Nano, I suggest the FC-UFO and replace the glass moutpiece with a long whip

Koby

Define setup? Are you talking about what vape to buy her? or what glass to use with the E-Nano for her?

If you're talking about glass + Nano, I suggest the FC-UFO and replace the glass moutpiece with a long whip
Ah forgot to mention that, was talking about glass + Nano.

I've never had a glass-piece before so it's newland for me, I will take a look at the FC-UFO piece. Thanks a lot :)

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Well, I'm not really sure. They're kind of completely different experiences and when I bought the nano I had all intentions to sell the herbalaire to my buddy but now I'm having second thoughts.

The most obvious thing is that the herbalaire blows the nano out of the water for group sessions. (but no fucking duh right?) I find it easier to get good flavor from the herbalaire because all I have to do is turn it to 320 and sip - and it works everytime. The nano is more touchy and I'm sure as I use it more, using it whichever way I feel like for that particular session, will be second nature.

Other than that, the herbalaire is just kind of a static experience. I use the direct draw straw for lower temperature, around 350 I throw on the whip because I can't take the throat tickle --- and then there's the balloons. :suspicious: I goddamn don't like them! They're too damn loud, god when I did a group session we used them by an open window and I can't even imagine what people thought as they walked by and heard our (probably dopey) conversations, laughter and those goddamn things constantly crinkling. :lol:

Basically what I'm saying is with the herbalaire, I just turn it to the heat I want and sip. Those first two or three hits at 320 are just yummmm. :drool: Then you sit around waiting because you don't feel anything and all the sudden you got crept up on and you're saying, "well shit, I'm high."

But it's kind of a boring experience compared to the nano. I like holding the wood and feeling the heat and moving the stem around to control the temperature as I draw. I like being able to hit the nano on an instants notice and feel it almost immediately and also finish that bowl in 2-3 hits. Yeah I suffer on getting that perfect sweet taste on the first hit sometimes but I don't care.

So yeah, they both work real well. Just differently. I don't know if this is the type of review you were thinking of because I kind of just rambled but I think maybe it's ok haha. :shrug::lol:

I have to go!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS!! Really appreciate the open, honest and detailed review. Guess I'll continue to keep my eye out for one in the wild so I can try it or a good price here in the classifieds, but think it is going down a notch or two on my possible vape additions list.

Sounds like you're having plenty of fun with it! Good to see. Nothing wrong with kicking the heat down on it. Especially if you'll be using your ABV for edibles or something later. If not, can re-vape at higher temps later. I always like throwing a little fresh in for this just to have a little more flavor. More than one way to get those actives out of there.

When going lower temp - especially dry - the flavors are tremendous!

Think UFO would be awesome for this!! The tubing, while maybe looking a bit scary, would give the vapor more chance to cool and allow her to sit back without all the apparatus right in her face. Might even be worth figuring out a way to attach some tubing to a dry stem or other bubbler for her.

thepinkservbot

Hey folks!

So, my D020 came today, but I haven't used it yet because I'm wondering if I might have a problem. With my E-Nano, I bought both adjustabowl GonGs and both an adjustabowl stem and a fixed stem. I'm noticing, however, that the 19mm GonG adapter doesn't exactly sit perfectly in the D020; when I put my thumb over the GonG and blow into the bubbler (without water), I can tell the seal isn't exactly air-tight. Is this as it should be?

(I wasn't a big glass guy before this.)

NekoGurrl

Just over 1.5 weeks and still loving my Nano, i actually find I'm using more herb than I was, because I love the vapor / flavor / convenience of it. But I'll get over that in time I'm pretty sure. Looks like the holidays and Nadia on vacation have messed with their shipping. Have 3 orders awaiting shipping at this point. One from 7/1. As long as my 1 working GonG adaptor keeps working I'll be fine till the replacement for my 18mm and the other spares I ordered finally arrive.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey folks!

So, my D020 came today, but I haven't used it yet because I'm wondering if I might have a problem. With my E-Nano, I bought both adjustabowl GonGs and both an adjustabowl stem and a fixed stem. I'm noticing, however, that the 19mm GonG adapter doesn't exactly sit perfectly in the D020; when I put my thumb over the GonG and blow into the bubbler (without water), I can tell the seal isn't exactly air-tight. Is this as it should be?

How bad is the leak of air when you pressurize? More than likely it's a bad joint on the D020 - you can either accept it, or bitch and try and get a replacement

It happens. I have a slight air leak on my FC-UFO like that. However, even though it let's some air out when testing the piece dry, it hasn't been an issue in practice.

Give it a test - can you still milk the bubbler with dense vapor? Then you have no problem :lol:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Hey folks!

Sounds like there may be a problem with GonG adapter or D020. Optimally, there shouldn't be any air getting by if you plug up the nano end and draw. May be able to spin the GonG adapter around to a different position to stop or minimize this.

I have similar issues with some GonGs on some glass. Nothing serious, just a little air slipping by. Doesn't have enough of an affect for me to worry about it much. And, I do have other GonG adapters at the ready, so can just switch out for a better fit.

Depending on how much air is getting by and your personal preferences, it may not be an issue at all.

DAMN - @Ratchett is fast!

thepinkservbot

How bad is the leak of air when you pressurize? More than likely it's a bad joint on the D020 - you can either accept it, or bitch and try and get a replacement

It happens. I have a slight air leak on my FC-UFO like that. However, even though it let's some air out when testing the piece dry, it hasn't been an issue in practice.

Give it a test - can you still milk the bubbler with dense vapor? Then you have no problem :lol:

Sounds like there may be a problem with GonG adapter or D020. Optimally, there shouldn't be any air getting by if you plug up the nano end and draw. May be able to spin the GonG adapter around to a different position to stop or minimize this.

I have similar issues with some GonGs on some glass. Nothing serious, just a little air slipping by. Doesn't have enough of an affect for me to worry about it much. And, I do have other GonG adapters at the ready, so can just switch out for a better fit.

Depending on how much air is getting by and your personal preferences, it may not be an issue at all.

DAMN - @Ratchett is fast!

So I'm actually more on the "GonG's at fault" side at the moment. The problem is that it doesn't sit evenly so no seal is created, there's a little "deformation" of the seal at wherever the GonG is elevated, right? Well, when I rotate the GonG, the "deformation" rotates with it, rather than staying in place as the GonG rotates along. Does that make sense?

Uh, I got it to work, though. That really takes every little sharp edge off of my experience with the dry stem and my PAX. I have a hard time estimating how much vapor is in the chamber just from my perspective, so next time I'm going to record it but yeah no I was definitely getting the same standard exhale vapor as from the dry stem.

I really want to keep playing with my new toy but my endurance might be worn down for the next few hours.

oh right, moral of the story is, so, the loss of pressure doesn't SEEM to be that bad, but I haven't really had the opportunity to seriously quantitatively measure that shit, right? So I'll just keep playing with it and maybe it'll keep being fine. I don't think I'm quite to the level of the kind of stuff I've seen cwheezy post, though

also i'm glad i got the d020 and not the d020-d because this thing is really manageable for my tiny doll hands

thx folks

VAPEHUNTER

Hey folks!

For a quick fix, I've wrapped Teflon tape around my gong if the seal wasn't 100% air tight.

Top Bottom