ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Think part of your issue might be with terminology. By s shape j hook do you mean a sherlock type or something else? I think some of the Chinese vendors call them "s shape", but don't think its common term here. FWIW a picture - or link to one - is worth a thousand words, if not more.

Check on @ataxian 's posts in this thread and others for looks at plenty of glass with j hooks and ashcatchers (and many other pieces). Don't recall if any specifically show a nano on them, but he has all kinds of mad scientist glass combos where you can see many things if you look.

In my personal advice, I'd get a j hook for use dry if you like and a cheap bubbler for wet. Putting j hook and ashcatcher together then putting nano on it can certainly be done, but could be a bit tricky and take some practice to use easily. There are many bubblers out there from China. D020 still remains a favorite and is relatively cheap here, though not sure about shipping costs to UK. That same vendor (sunshinestore), has many different pieces and a pretty good rep here on FC. More diffusion can be pretty, but less will preserve more flavor. Honeycombs and trees (arms) generally create more diffusion while showerhead types with slits are easier to control diffusion and keep it pretty low.

You may want to reconsider if the j hooks you're looking at are like these on sunshinestore here. The flat mouthpieces have a smaller hole (and probably with varying sizes due to Chinese QC), that don't allow as much airflow and are usually more difficult to clean.

Just listen to @Ratchett above. He just beat me posting but :lol: about how much GMTA!
The D020 is my favorite little bubbler with a ash catcher it has volume enough!
D022 is another good one.
JHOOKS (sherlocks) DRY or wet with a ash collector are pretty functional!

NickDlow

Log Hog
I have never dabbed before, but the other night I couldnt hold off anymore. Got a cheap quartz castle and some butane for my creme brulee torch. Needless to say I will never be doing that again. Its odd too because so many people seem to prefer dabbing. Is it just preference? I cant imagine it being any easier to consume concentrates than with the nano. Im sure you could get a better torch or a banger or wever, but I cant imagine it EVER being better than vaping through a water pipe, with cotton or ss. Though wish there was a better solution as I still feel weird about cotton and ss, even though they both work just fine and really dont effect taste.

/ramble

Most probably prefer dabbing because of the speed you consume imo. But with covection dabs i.e nano, the taste is unmatched compared to dabbing imho. Also I'm very happy and content using my SS to hold my dabs. But I would like to see someone try and make something based on the nail thing for the EVO. All glass convection dabs!!!! I like it, now who's gonna make one for my nano?!?!?! *cough *cough @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd lol

*plainlazy*

Any reason for a j-hook and an Ash-catcher as your first water setup? Many of us who use a water path like to let our nano sit on top and pre-heat for 20 seconds before hitting it.

I have used my Nano with a dry j-hook several times - I enjoy this setup more than the standard dry stem included with the vape. That said, if you want an ash-catcher, you probably want something stable enough to sit upright and hold the Nano on top. Note - the j-hooks you find from DhGate probably cannot support the nano standing on it's own. My locally made j-hook is quite heavy and has feet to keep it upright. It can support the Nano without a problem by itself.

Why not look at the D020 instead? It's a VERY nice vape for a beginner to glass - you can buy one for under $25 these days - you will LOVE it.

I would stay way from all tree-arm perc's from China - they don't understand how to make them. Every tree-perc I've seen from China has open-ends on the tubes with slits on the sides. The slits rarely fire because they chug out the bottom of each tube. Those pieces are very chuggy and fragile in my experience. Go ahead and try any other perc out there, but I would avoid the tree-arm percs.

Think part of your issue might be with terminology. By s shape j hook do you mean a sherlock type or something else? I think some of the Chinese vendors call them "s shape", but don't think its common term here. FWIW a picture - or link to one - is worth a thousand words, if not more.

Check on @ataxian 's posts in this thread and others for looks at plenty of glass with j hooks and ashcatchers (and many other pieces). Don't recall if any specifically show a nano on them, but he has all kinds of mad scientist glass combos where you can see many things if you look.

In my personal advice, I'd get a j hook for use dry if you like and a cheap bubbler for wet. Putting j hook and ashcatcher together then putting nano on it can certainly be done, but could be a bit tricky and take some practice to use easily. There are many bubblers out there from China. D020 still remains a favorite and is relatively cheap here, though not sure about shipping costs to UK. That same vendor (sunshinestore), has many different pieces and a pretty good rep here on FC. More diffusion can be pretty, but less will preserve more flavor. Honeycombs and trees (arms) generally create more diffusion while showerhead types with slits are easier to control diffusion and keep it pretty low.

You may want to reconsider if the j hooks you're looking at are like these on sunshinestore here. The flat mouthpieces have a smaller hole (and probably with varying sizes due to Chinese QC), that don't allow as much airflow and are usually more difficult to clean.

Just listen to @Ratchett above. He just beat me posting but :lol: about how much GMTA!

thanks for commenting rachett and flotntoke. sorry ill try and clear up what I was asking, maybe this is why im struggling to get help with purchases.

I have a d-020 already and I use it with my ssv and at the moment I can only use with my e nano with my wong, which is great but I find the limited amount of material you can use with the wong frustrating.

I have a 14mm gong ready to use with the nano and d-020 but need 18mm-14mm reducers which ive ordered from kent ning from dh gate a month ago and am still waiting for.

With the j hook thing..... I did mean the j hooks from dh gate they call s shape pipes. and I was wondering of anyone here has bought them and tried them with a nano?? also a pic would be useful due to reading through this thread there's a guy with a j hook and a lotus and he said due to a weird angle he found it difficult to apply correct heat to the lotus with his torch.
so that's why I asked if anyone had a pic of a nano sitting on a dh gate j hook just to see how it sits.

im interested in the j hook for the nano to try and smooth out dry hits, which arnt that bad but ive read some j hooks are good at smoothing vapor out.

due to ash catchers being so cheap on dh gate I thought if I was ordering some j hooks might as well try nano with ash catcher and j hook.

my d-020 is not redundant. I do like it a lot. its great with the ssv and with the wong its great with the nano.
cant wait to try nano with it once reducers finally get here but one thing that counts against d-020 is the nano being in your face when used with d020 so I think j jook set up would help giving your face some space hahaha.

MuushuPork

Most probably prefer dabbing because of the speed you consume imo. But with covection dabs i.e nano, the taste is unmatched compared to dabbing imho. Also I'm very happy and content using my SS to hold my dabs. But I would like to see someone try and make something based on the nail thing for the EVO. All glass convection dabs!!!! I like it, now who's gonna make one for my nano?!?!?! *cough *cough @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd lol
Lets make this happen FC.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
How does the VapeXhale Nail work anyway? At a glance, it appears the EVO's internal heater is what gets the oil hot enough to vaporize?

I'm still using a bed of flowers, doesn't take much.

Anybody tried unlubricated Rayon or CelluCotton?

Tweak,

NickDlow

Log Hog
@Tweak the dab goes on the bottom. The glass get inserted in the evo and the hot air comes from underneath into a slit in the nail to let the air pass over and heat up (I assume) the concentrate then into your lungs.

For the nano I'm looking at it reversed. The nail would go into an adapter dropping into the WP or whatever and the nano on top. But idk how close it would have to be to the nanos heater.

Last edited:

MuushuPork

Anyone heard from ace lately? I still havent gotten a response about the subpar gong i got in the black friday sale.

MuushuPork,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
The glass get inserted in the evo and the hot air comes from underneath into a slit in the nail to let the air pass over and heat up (I assume) the concentrate then into your lungs.

If it simply heat passing through the nail then shouldn't it work in reverse? Put the nano's Heat port on top of the nail and placing the nail into a Male 18mm downstem, pulling hot air into the nail and through the bottom slit.

I'm guessing the EVO's hot bamboo encasing the entire glass nail is a reason the nail works so nice. Maybe if we could get a nail to fit around the nano's heater port, leaving enough room for the air intake and having a place for the oil at the tip?

I wonder how big the opening on the VXNail is?

Tweak,
Reactions: Teedub

blamejane

Wahooo, my D020-D just arrived from China! Looks amazing too. I'm still waiting on my @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd carbed GonG though. Anyone know if I can use my new WP with my nano using the adapter that comes with the wp? I can't stand having this baby and not trying it!!

hafalump

Just use the standard nano stem, put the silocone tube on the end and insert into D020
Oh add water :D Mine came two days ago and I am waiting on gong but this rig works:freak:
Go hotter, with perhaps a pre heat.

blamejane

Just use the standard nano stem, put the silocone tube on the end and insert into D020
Oh add water :D Mine came two days ago and I am waiting on gong but this rig works:freak:

Thanks, that's a great idea...didn't even think of that. I'll give it a shot tonight!!

blamejane,
Reactions: snamuh

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Wahooo, my D020-D just arrived from China! Looks amazing too. I'm still waiting on my @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd carbed GonG though. Anyone know if I can use my new WP with my nano using the adapter that comes with the wp? I can't stand having this baby and not trying it!!

Think you're pretty much SOL with no GonG connector. Probably should have picked one up from Andy with your nano.

If you're feeling creative there may be one thing to tide you over. Did your nano stem come with a little silicone sleeve on it or do you have any silicone tubing laying around? If so, you could try this. Take the silicone off and put it on the mouth end of the stem. Work it down a couple - 3 inches or so. Fold it over itself so it is twice as wide. Then stick it in the top GonG on your bubbler, using the silicone as a seal. A doubled over piece should barely get you enough circumference for a seal. Test by holding your thumb on the nano end of stem and make sure you don't have much air slipping by at the GonG. If all is good, load your stem (I'd pull it off bubbler first), put it back in GonG and try to use the stem as a really long, unstable GonG adapter. If you have a 14 > 18mm adapter, you could probably get away using it and not doubling over the silicone.

If you don't have silicone, you might be able to do the same with a couple fat rubber bands.

I don't endorse either method, but it may work. Let us know how it does if you give it try.

DOH! Slow on the draw again! Not a bad thing.... kinda cool that so many in this thread are anxious to help out other nano-ers!! Nicely done @hafalump :tup:

flotntoke,
Reactions: nihil

hafalump

Don't even need to double up on the silicone. Air tight seal with one layer, a bit awkward to use but hits hard! You're in for a good night ha. I'm in the same boat but it's a good boat to be in.

blamejane

thanks everyone, this place rocks...so does my awesome nano.

I've got three things to hold (nano, wp, and stem) but only two hands. Without trying it, I'm assuming that I leave the wp on the table and hold the stem and nano while taking a hit.. Does this seem correct?

blamejane,
Reactions: flotntoke

NickDlow

Log Hog
thanks everyone, this place rocks...so does my awesome nano.

I've got three things to hold (nano, wp, and stem) but only two hands. Without trying it, I'm assuming that I leave the wp on the table and hold the stem and nano while taking a hit.. Does this seem correct?
A carbed GonG from @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd could eliminate picking up the stem.

NickDlow,
Reactions: snamuh
Top Bottom