• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

herbivore21

Hey everyone, I've got a slightly technical question. I've been talking about the distance between my dimmer switch and the enano being too short and I've been worried about unsoldering the connections at the dimmer switch to increase it. The easier way would be simply to join some extra wire to the cord going into the enano. However, in order for that to work, I would have to make the connection very durable because it would most likely sit on my lap most of the time.

Couldn't I just cut the wire between the plug and the switch, and then disconnect the wire at the enano crimps and then simply turn it around? If I did this, and the switch ended up being the opposite way to before, does it matter if the electrical current is going the other way? Would the enano/switch continue to work? I would then have the DIY connection near to the plug so I wouldn't be worried about the strength so much.
You could certainly do this :) I cut and rejoined my cable without a dimmer in it. It will not matter if you turn the wires around or not :)

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
You could certainly do this :) I cut and rejoined my cable without a dimmer in it. It will not matter if you turn the wires around or not :)
Without a dimmer on it, do you mean that you removed the temp dial altogether? If yes, what non-variable temp level is being achieved without it?

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
10 is the temp you get when you remove the dial. Yes, this is what I did, removed the dimmer (which I broke by running 240v through it lol).
I see this modification as no problem whatsoever, particularly with the advent of the adjustable screen/load position. Thanks!!!

Direcious

Last question for tonight, but does anybody know the specifications of the neon bulb that the e-nano uses?

Direcious,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
For those of you who haven't been over to the JoDa Glassworks thread.... guess what I have coming.
zDzk1DZ.jpg

YEP!!! And, an 18mm GonG with matching warts. So psyched!! Just hope my patience can hold out.:rolleyes:

hoyo77

ok...I have been trolling this thread for a while now. It reminds a bit of the aroma zap and eterras from back in the day. I used to own an aromazap. here is the ?, It looks like the herb would fall out if you are grinding it. I notice some people are using a 2 screen method. is that really necessary?? in my aromazap I just packed the stem full..the clouds look nice and I notice people talk about taste. how does taste compare to say a firefly, lotus, or hammer. I have all 3..i know they are different vapes but I am just looking for a subjective opinion I guess. when my wallet gets back healthy will probably get one.

herbivore21

Taste is far better than the Lotus, I own both :)

P.S. I just gave new life to my original broken GonG with a very, very sloppy hxtal repair! IT LIVES IT LIVES!!!!!!! The crackles are caked on bits which I am to chisel away once it has cured a bit more!
2pyrwgn.jpg

Last edited:

Silent

HEY, HEY, HEYHEEEY, VAPE WEED EVERY DAY
What do you mean by char
To me a cherry = combustion
On 10 with kief I get no cherry
For herb I use 8.5-9 (9 will combust with some herb or a slower draw speed)
I like high temps
I am also from the UK and use an voltage converter
Maybe my nano runs Cool?

When I say Char, I mean the kief (and leaves if i have that at 8.2+) look black. There is no cherry and no visible combustion, but the kief or plant matter or whatever looks and almost has a consistency like coal; Black and it crumbles to the touch and leaves a "soot" like trail.

as

It dose get dark but not black Also when you look in the bowl it looms darker then it is when you empty it out its a consistent dark bown

as,
Reactions: Snappo

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
When I say Char, I mean the kief (and leaves if i have that at 8.2+) look black. There is no cherry and no visible combustion, but the kief or plant matter or whatever looks and almost has a consistency like coal; Black and it crumbles to the touch and leaves a "soot" like trail.

To each his own, but IMO that is way too hot for nugs (concentrates are a whole different beast). Guess it depends what you want out of your vapor, and a bit on how hot your individual nano runs. I usually run between 6-7 through water, sometimes a bit lower, depending on strain, distance of screen and where I'm trying to get. At 6.5 my abv is dark brown (coffee colored) after 2 or 3 good hits. Those hits are cloudy, but my vapor evaporates out of the air in much less than a minute after exhaled. FWIW, 6 and a pretty close load is where I usually end up.

Hard to say for certain if you are combusting. But if your duff is charred black and sooty, you probably are. Many people think combustion is instantaneous - I think because of experiences with flame - and that can definitely happen with a vaporizor too. But with a small tight space like the end of a nano tube, I think it's possible to combust a little while pulling vapor (cherry red or not). Or, at least you build the temp up so high you're getting the same results - both with your abv and your buzz (and obviously the components you're pulling from your material). So, you're getting some smoke mixed in with your vapor - probably more on later hits.

Nothing really wrong with that if that's what you're looking for. You can certainly get more of a "heavier" stoning. But for the most flavor and best vaporish head highs, I'd suggest you roll back the dial a notch or so. You'll also probably find that you won't feel as burnt out later - though the munchies may even be a little worse!

hoyo77

Taste is far better than the Lotus, I own both :)

P.S. I just gave new life to my original broken GonG with a very, very sloppy hxtal repair! IT LIVES IT LIVES!!!!!!! The crackles are caked on bits which I am to chisel away once it has cured a bit more!
2pyrwgn.jpg
ok that is good to know...can you talk to me about the stem process. do you grind or put in small nuggets. I notice it does come with a neat stir stick tool...

hoyo77,

herbivore21

@hoyo77 I personally grind not too finely and don't pack down the herb. I use .05-.1g of herb. The stir stick is very handy, especially for packing oils into my GonGs :) You can stick nugs in so long as there is space for air to get around/through the nug. Don't jam it in there, small bits will do better IME. :)

In fact, I've had a long day and I think it is high time I got into that dab stash of mine!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
ok that is good to know...can you talk to me about the stem process. do you grind or put in small nuggets. I notice it does come with a neat stir stick tool...

You can do either. I do both depending on circumstances. When using nuggets I find it best to give them a crush and stir with the e-pic after the first hit or two. If I'm lucky enough to have a good strain, this is my preferred method.

With lesser strains, I generally grind a little to extract all I can quickly. If you do grind, extraction is quicker and your clouds will be thicker. But, you'll cash your load much faster too.

demonscars

ok...I have been trolling this thread for a while now. It reminds a bit of the aroma zap and eterras from back in the day. I used to own an aromazap. here is the ?, It looks like the herb would fall out if you are grinding it. I notice some people are using a 2 screen method. is that really necessary?? in my aromazap I just packed the stem full..the clouds look nice and I notice people talk about taste. how does taste compare to say a firefly, lotus, or hammer. I have all 3..i know they are different vapes but I am just looking for a subjective opinion I guess. when my wallet gets back healthy will probably get one.

I've never used any of those vapes, but I'd say it's more flavorful than a MFLB. Equally tasty, just more of it. The herb falling out can be problematic if like me you can be a little clumsy, but it sticks in there pretty good even with grinding. It's not something I even think of anymore except when telling someone how to use it the first time.

demonscars,

waaldron

I'm not getting the clouds I see in the video and my nano seems to fall onto the weed when I put it into the gone crushing the bowl.

Edit: Have China bubbler d020

waaldron,

Caligula

Maximus
@waaldron

You're doing it wrong if that's the case. What type of Gong are you using? Did it come with an adjustable basket screen?

Your load is obviously placed wrong if the heater is touch it once the nano is inserted.

Besides that, what heat level are you trying? Do you grind or whole nugs?

Also are you preheating your nano before use? The wood should be warm to the touch like a warm mug of coffee when it's at its optimal temp. If the unit is cold I usually crank it up to 10 for 10 minutes then let it sit for another minute after I dial it down to 7 or whatever heat level I'm going to be using it at.

waaldron

You're doing it wrong if that's the case. What type of Gong are you using? Did it come with an adjustable basket screen?

Also are you preheating your nano before use? The wood should be warm to the touch like a warm mug of coffee when it's at its optimal temp. If the unit is cold I usually crank it up to 10 for 10 minutes then let it sit for another minute after I dial it down to 7 or whatever heat level I'm going to be using it at.
The adjustabowl gong. And yes wood is warm to touch. How do I keep the heating element from crushing the weed down.

waaldron,
Reactions: Caligula
Top Bottom