flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Maybe you prefer more flavor and feel?

Yeah, man!!! Less water (and less bubbles) seems to give me more flavor. Even with least amount of water for bubb to function, I usually draw pretty slow and steady until I clear for just this reason. If it wasn't so fun to use a bubbler and harsher on my throat, I'd probably stick to just the stem more often. No water is the very least you can use - and seems to give the absolute best flavor no matter what the variety. But, dry vapor is a little harsh on my throat after a full session or two.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I have noticed that upon the arrival of the enano my other vapes under names that will remain nameless have gone UNUSED — gee, I wonder why? This lil' vape is changing the way my vape world is fogging my life in a very positive way. Thanks :D

Know what you mean! Finally just packed away the EQ - tho has seen very little use over the past year. Nice to know it's there in the top of the closet if I need it, but not missing it.

And, my mflb is now only for use away from AC power. Very handy in the woods, the kayak or on a road trip, but not even sure where the AC cord for the PA is at this point.

herbivore21

Need to pass on my thanks to @ACE OF VAPE for the bonus GonG he gave me last order. I just accidentally broke my dedicated shatter GonG (pun not intended) by dropping it after I'd hit it with a torch a little to loosen to SS wool inside.

Pulled out the spare GonG and got right down to business!

I use 2 x heavy adjustabowl 19mm GonGs for kief/flowers and 1 x 19mm old style adjustabowl for shatter and one for QWISO :D

When you go multiple GonG's, you don't go back!

nihil

Member, Known Well
I use 2 x heavy adjustabowl 19mm GonGs for kief/flowers and 1 x 19mm old style adjustabowl for shatter and one for QWISO :D

Question for you.. what do you find best for smoking kief/hash? I have this green powder that my buddy swears is a form of the local hash, but it is almost too "loose" from what I remember hash being (the brick that you'd have to cut up). Maybe I'm just getting old and am out of the loop.

When I combusted, I'd load a bowl of flower, then sprinkle some of this stuff on.

With the Enano, I tend to mix this stuff in with my ground flower. Am I doing this right? Seems like it affected me more with the combustion method.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Question for you.. what do you find best for smoking kief/hash? I have this green powder that my buddy swears is a form of the local hash, but it is almost too "loose" from what I remember hash being (the brick that you'd have to cut up). Maybe I'm just getting old and am out of the loop.

When I combusted, I'd load a bowl of flower, then sprinkle some of this stuff on.

With the Enano, I tend to mix this stuff in with my ground flower. Am I doing this right? Seems like it affected me more with the combustion method.
Try mixing the kief w/herb and use the "Heat Soak" method I described above. Set @ 8-9:tup:. Please report back with your results.

nihil

Member, Known Well
Mixed? Or should I place some on top?

Edit: Just re-read your post. Yes, I suck.

In the name of science, I will try your method. I'm just afraid the results may be skewed as my reading comprehension is already out the window.

Edit 2: Just saw that you changed your temp settings. Science is going to hate us both at this pace.

(Setting the enano for 8-9)

herbivore21

I generally do kief at level 7 and I just sprinkle the kief in itself. I do not mix different forms of herb/concentrate together very much anymore. I find that it is much easier to get the most actives out of each form when used alone, rather than mixing them together and for instance combusting kief (kief still has plant waxes and combustibles, in much smaller concentrations - but kief is also smaller, and will get heated much more quickly!). Of course, if you have access to loads of kief, you can very easily turn it into shatter with ethanol and about half an hour's work. This way, you don't need to worry about combusting ;)

Up to you guys of course, I do sometimes mix kief with QWISO still to give it a better consistency that stays in my GonG better. Just gotta dial back the heat slightly from my usual 10 for concentrates lol :)

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Cool, thanks both. I just finished the heat soak method and, wow. Impressive.

It was odd letting the vape sit on the GonG.. 1 minute is all I could get comfortable with. You let it sit longer?

All said, thanks! Very good clouds and I'm fucked up!
It all depends on the various factors I listed above ...but yes, I generally let it soak for about 1-2 minutes on setting 8-9. Mighty powerful punch!

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Got my JoDa stem today:
fHD9ZZKl.jpg

Isn't she lovely?!?

Holds a bunch of material and still doesn't impede the flow.

It's a shorter stem and the smaller top opening makes the flavor a lil' bit more pronounced.

Moving back to the stock clear stem just seams "blah" now, :p.

Close up:
sJU49j0l.jpg

I don't even have the screen shoved in as far as it will go.

Last edited:

demonscars

Got my JoDa stem today:

Isn't she lovely?!?

Holds a bunch of material and still doesn't impede the flow.

It's a shorter stem and the smaller top opening makes the flavor a lil' bit more pronounced.

Moving back to the stock clear stem just seams "blah" now, :p.

Close up:

I don't even have the screen shoved in as far as it will go.

I love the way you have the baskets here.

Typically more water = smoother hits but less flavor.

If you want you could try hitting your WT dry. The added volume, distance, and surface area will add up to a smoother hit (versus a short straight stem) while preserving flavor.

With everything being the same I find I get less medicated via water. It could be in my head though. What about something like a j hook?

Last edited by a moderator:

Caligula

Maximus
With everything being the same I find I get less medicated via water. It could be in my head though. What about something like a j hook?

That works too. The vapor really isnt that hot (unlike smoke) so a little extra distance and thermal mass makes a noticeable difference a lot of the time. You can also try putting a loose packed wad of cotton fiber in the air path somewhere. People report this diffuses and smooths out vapor quite a bit. Theres a whole thread on that somewhere...

As for not getting as medicated, I think thats been discussed and disproven but whatever floats your boat. You certainly get more flavor with a dry path!

herbivore21

I find water gets me slightly less high from the same sized puff of the same amount of the same stuff. However, the lost cannabinoids are reclaimed afterwards and I can get much more vapor into me much quicker through the bubbler.

It's all a question of how quickly you want to get high. Also, personal preference.

Until you get to oils, I don't even want to imagine dry shatter stems through the Nano at 10. Throat, I hardly knew ye!

Did anyone buy the rare Birdseye redwood exotic? I'm not sure if it has made it onto the website yet or perhaps already been sold. I was thinking about it :o

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

as

Great vid! Thank you! Do tell ...what's in your load and at what setting? Can't make out the dial.
It was late when I posted the bid and I was in bed forgot to write any thing
Its on 10 with lose kief

as, are you smoking in the beginning of the vid? I keep thinking I'm hearing the flick of a lighter.
:puke::puke:
No no no I don't do things like that its the trigger button on my e CIG

As above watch my vid that's lose kiefwith the nano set to 10 very small load just covers the screen 1 hit is normally enough :bigleaf:

Top Bottom