• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
@Vitolo - Ed will be making me a Nano wong and stem. Will we need to somehow build into the stem/ss bowl a way to keep proper distance of the heater tip from the load, like the Epic vape adjustable glass stem w/the ID glass ring that bars the herb from getting too close to the heater tip? Maybe two little stopper pins tapped into the ss bowl at opposite sides ...or perhaps the inner diameter of the ss wood stem bowl could be such that it grips the heater rod just tight enough without the need to hold it, allowing us to securely regulate it's position up & down the rod's top length? Waddya think?

Last edited:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Question, please:wave: - Regarding the power dial - the numbers on the dial go to 11.9, but can't be dialed past 10 where it stops hard. Is this true for everyone's dial? I do know that my car's speedometer goes way up to 180 mph, but she won't really run past 130, tops. 180 looks better on the dash - same principle? Thanks!
FNbkY2S.jpg

OMEiAM

Question, please:wave: - Regarding the power dial - the numbers on the dial go to 11.9, but can't be dialed past 10 where it stops hard. Is this true for everyone's dial? I do know that my car's speedometer goes way up to 180 mph, but she won't really run past 130, tops. 180 looks better on the dash - same principle? Thanks!
FNbkY2S.jpg
Mine stops hard at 10 so I believe that's how everyone's is.

Last edited:

HSIHP

About to checkout but I have one more question, which is better the pinched stem or the adjustable bowl?

Edit: never mind, went with the pinched stem and I can't wait for this baby to come in. :rockon:

The site says back orders with ship Thursday and I'm hoping that means a Saturday surprise. :brow: Proud to be a part of the nano club, finally!

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
About to checkout but I have one more question, which is better the pinched stem or the adjustable bowl?

Edit: never mind, went with the pinched stem and I can't wait for this baby to come in. :rockon:

The site says back orders with ship Thursday and I'm hoping that means a Saturday surprise. :brow: Proud to be a part of the nano club, finally!

I think the basket screens are still being shipped with the pinch stems. So, some room to adjust your load level anyway.

Don't want to trigger any GAS (glass acquisition syndrome) on you,but you may want to pick up a cheap bubbler too. Nano is great through the dry glass stem - and flavor city for sure - but IMO it really shines through some water. The D020 is a favorite here (one of mine, too) and is pretty cheap. Less than $30 if you order from China and can wait 3 weeks for shipping, or about $40 if you get it from a US reseller (with much less shipping time). All you would need for this with the nano is a 19mm adjust-a-gong from Andy.

Only suggest the D020 because seems quite a few people have it and are happy with it. Many other variations and other pieces of cheap glass in this thread - I'd start around page 180 or so. Many posts on same things and it is a fast mover! And, some new Chinese stuff has shown up over the past month or so. Of course many other nicer and much more expensive pieces out there. But, for $30 I don't think you can beat the D020.

HSIHP

I think the basket screens are still being shipped with the pinch stems. So, some room to adjust your load level anyway.

Don't want to trigger any GAS (glass acquisition syndrome) on you,but you may want to pick up a cheap bubbler too. Nano is great through the dry glass stem - and flavor city for sure - but IMO it really shines through some water. The D020 is a favorite here (one of mine, too) and is pretty cheap. Less than $30 if you order from China and can wait 3 weeks for shipping, or about $40 if you get it from a US reseller (with much less shipping time). All you would need for this with the nano is a 19mm adjust-a-gong from Andy.

Only suggest the D020 because seems quite a few people have it and are happy with it. Many other variations and other pieces of cheap glass in this thread - I'd start around page 180 or so. Many posts on same things and it is a fast mover! And, some new Chinese stuff has shown up over the past month or so. Of course many other nicer and much more expensive pieces out there. But, for $30 I don't think you can beat the D020.

Thanks flotntoke but I'm pretty well in the loop as far as the D020. I have the good old infamous bubbler and I thnk that will hold me over until I find a nice piece of glass to splurge on. I was looking at one of the upcoming D020 models, I thnk it was the R? Anyway that is a different thread.

Can't wait to get my hands on this thing!:rofl:

Edit: while thinking about bubblers I got this idea and I bet it will be perfect for the nano!
Jg9xws4.jpg

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Thanks flotntoke but I'm pretty well in the loop as far as the D020. I have the good old infamous bubbler and I thnk that will hold me over until I find a nice piece of glass to splurge on. I was looking at one of the upcoming D020 models, I thnk it was the R? Anyway that is a different thread.

Can't wait to get my hands on this thing!:rofl:

Edit: while thinking about bubblers I got this idea and I bet it will be perfect for the nano!
Jg9xws4.jpg

Very cool!! Wasn't sure if you already had glass, and didn't feel like paging back through your previous posts.

You got a gong for your nano, right? Makes life a lot easier rather than dealing with silicone nubs a-la-underdog.

Am sure the infamous will pair up very nicely! Unfortunately mine bit the dust a couple weeks before I got my nano. So small, so effective, so - SHIT! - CRASH! - slippery!! :doh: :ugh: Not too bad I guess.... a relatively cheap lesson in being careful while using Simple Green. Stuff is slipperier than snake snot!

jimbob

I really like the look of this Vape. I'm tempted to make a purchase. I do have a few questions though.

Coming from Australia, what is a safe good quality adapter (preferably not bulky) people are using to convert from 240v?

Can the screens be removed/replaced from the Gongs?

I'm sure there are more to come but I can't think of them now that I've found time to make a post.

Happy Vaping!

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
I really like the look of this Vape. I'm tempted to make a purchase. I do have a few questions though.

Coming from Australia, what is a safe good quality adapter (preferably not bulky) people are using to convert from 240v?

Can the screens be removed/replaced from the Gongs?

I'm sure there are more to come but I can't think of them now that I've found time to make a post.

Happy Vaping!

Well, for step-down transformers safe+good often come at the price of being a bit bulky IMHO.
I would very much recommend this: http://www.tortech.com.au/step-down...ep-down-transformer/50w-step-down-transformer
It's made in Australia, it's isolated (will protect your 110v device) and it's rated at 24/7 usage unlike most.

Jaycar also have some isolated quality transformers.

Yes, the screens can definitely be replaced... since your international I'd recommend buying a buttload of extra basket screens. :)

Caligula

Maximus
Jajaja, that's called slow motion video.
I don't think you can get vapor for 40 seconds straight from a Nano stem load pulling hard. I'll cash it in 20 secs IMO :) jajaja

Indeed it was shot at 1/2 speed. So basically, it took 2x as long to watch as it did to film. As for lung power... heres some in real time. Keep in mind these are dabs and not flower vape, so I was limiting my intake a bit ;)

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Indeed it was shot at 1/2 speed. So basically, it took 2x as long to watch as it did to film. As for lung power... heres some in real time. Keep in mind these are dabs and not flower vape, so I was limiting my intake a bit ;)

@Caligula - can you say what settings you used for the dab vid, and also for your last flower vid. Thanks! Great cinema!

Caligula

Maximus
So was that just shatter or was it on top of herb? Also what heat setting are you using?

That was all shatter. I don't recall what strain though. Id have to look at my YT notes for that. I typically dont mix my herb and concentrate as I find you get ABV taste before the oil is gone. Heat setting for that would be somewhere between 8.5 and 10.

I like the slo mo vids and Caligula still has amazing lung power :D

Thank you! Positive feedback is ALWAYS appreciated!

@Caligula - can you say what settings you used for the dab vid, and also for your last flower vid. Thanks! Great cinema!

As I was saying its anywhere between 8.5 and 10. Each concentrate needs more or less power depending on its consistency and proximity to the heat (much like herb). 8.5 is about as low as I go even for the least viscous (thinnest) oils.

I use McFinns Organic Cotton as the medium, using as little as possible. Youd be surprised how little it actually takes to hold a dab in place! I then try to use close proximity and less heat. I find that I rarely get that "vaped cotton" taste that way. Ive also found that keeping the cotton wet keeps that in check, hence why less is more when applying the cotton.

For the flowers, I use between 6.5 and 7.5. Ive never found it useful to use more or less power than that. For that specific video, I believe it was at 7.

Last edited:

jimbob

Well, for step-down transformers safe+good often come at the price of being a bit bulky IMHO.
I would very much recommend this: http://www.tortech.com.au/step-down...ep-down-transformer/50w-step-down-transformer
It's made in Australia, it's isolated (will protect your 110v device) and it's rated at 24/7 usage unlike most.

Jaycar also have some isolated quality transformers.

Yes, the screens can definitely be replaced... since your international I'd recommend buying a buttload of extra basket screens. :)
Solid find, I think tortech would be the way to go.
I would be sure to load up on accessories to save the hassle later.

Boy with 5 pack of extra stems and a converter, throw in a D020 shipped and it's going to cost over $400 for the setup.

Does each stem and gong come with a screen already fitted?

Top Bottom