E-Cig Cartridge Mod

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I didn't really want to get into e-cigs since I already have my hands too full as it is, but a guy gave me a kit with disposable cartridges and asked me if I could modify them. How am I going to say no to that?
So I removed the paper and cut down one of the ss cartridges about 1/4" above the coil. I pulled all of the fiberglass fibers from the coil and well. Cut and folded a fine mesh screen to create a flat ss wick. I bent the ss wick into an arch and placed it over the coil. The ends of the arch fit down into the well and wicks up concentrates when heated by the coil. Before installing, I heated the ss screen until it was red hot to form an oxide coating (which is also a great way to clean the screen). The conductance through the coil is easier than through the oxide coating so the screen doesn't short out the coil.
Since the cartridge doesn't get that hot I can just use a piece of medical grade high temperature silicone tubing to connect one of my 10mm glass nipples as a mouthpiece. The glass fits right down to the stainless steel, so the silicone only acts as an air seal. The silicone allows easy access to the coil and screen. No need for a globe around the cup.
It would probably work better if the wick was made from braided stainless steel similar to the braided copper used for de-soldering. The ss wick part of this mod should work on any atomizer with a coil.
The battery is activated by air flow so all you have to do is inhale and enjoy. The flavor is outstanding and the vapor heavily medicating. It is 4.5" overall and 3/8" in diameter. I have another battery than makes it about 1/2" shorter. I am amazed at how small this thing is and how well it works. May have to start getting concentrates rather than just flowers.

ecigmod.jpg

dapperdabber.jpg

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Nicotek is the company and Metro is the brand. The longer battery actually came from a disposable package. Seems like a waste to throw away rechargeable batteries for a one time use. They provide power longer than the shorter stock batteries.
I have cleaned the screen several times now and it seems to be holding up very well. The nice thing about having the screen arch over the coil is that you never have to touch or disturb the coil. I'm hoping that will provide a longer coil life.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Interesting to see such a simple repurposing of a technology that's been abused for our needs... I figure if you can get a carto with the removable mouthpiece thing and pull the polyfill/add the screen you could melt some oil off a dabber or drop a nice little BB and melt it in. Super low profile, much more so than even the Revolution with the Ultra or Dabbler/etc. I almost want to get one just to fiddle around with lol.

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom