Duo Sold Bongs At Pennsylvania County Fair

Beezleb

You could always get bongs and pipes and that from being cool with the hippies that sold stuff at the fairs. Outside of show pieces, that is where I saw the coolest stuff growing up.

Beezleb,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Headshops in my state never last. There used to be a bunch but then the whole Operation Pipe Dreams/Tommy Chong thing happened. A few have popped up since but they either get busted for something stupid or close down because their prices are too high and no one buys shit.

Like how they don't say what the couple's response to those ?'s were....but knowing the Fayette county fair they probably were wearing pot leaf shirts and being dumb...

JDSupreme,
Yay PA. WORST state ever! The couple should have been in Philly!!! No worries on South Street. Drug task force, isn't that DEA?

biojuggernaut,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
does that article represent the Pennsylvanian's attitudes towards pot? or is it just an example of right wing press?

and they call it a liberal press, sheesh! I left a nice long juicy comment on their site, i wonder if it'll be published (and change the world)?

VWFringe,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
VWFringe said:
does that article represent the Pennsylvanian's attitudes towards pot? or is it just an example of right wing press?

(and they call it a liberal press, sheesh!)

BOTH

JDSupreme,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
some rich guys talked us into believing it was bad, and the rich guys ever since have kept us busy debating the morality of allowing poor people the right to grow their own, while they rape them for alcohol revenues to help save the rich some money.

jeez

VWFringe,

hereatlast

No worries on South Street.

Not always the case. Just a couple years ago (maybe less?) a few stores were raided for carrying 'little baggies' or jewelry bags. Just ridiculous :rolleyes: That said, there is an abundance of super thin, cheap glass in that area :lol:

If you're in the Philly area, Artifax and a fairly recently opened shop Creep Records are worth checking out IMO. The latter sells vinyl records and music upfront and has a pretty nice glass shop in the back.

JDSupreme, as far as I know, the Operation Pipe Dream scandal was basically a case in which a few states (PA being one of them) were willing to cough up money to prosecute on the basis of paraphenalia being shipped in between states. I think this is the reason that its generally tough to get glass shipped into PA (I know I've had issues :|). Not sure if this has any bearing on the legality of glass shops per se but clearly displays an unwelcoming attitude towards these shops. Wishing PA was a little more glass friendly here as well though.

hereatlast,
Yeah, surprisingly PA does have some decent head shops. I've heard about Creep never been in though. Artifax is little over priced, but then again what HS isn't now adays. I remember going to wonderland when I was back in school :lol:

biojuggernaut,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
All glass websites used to say no ship to PA but none do anymore. Still, very few head shops last around here (SW PA). There's a flea market that has a couple booths with glass. There was one at the mall but I heard the guy running it was a giant OC head and they supposedly moved out of the mall to another area. I went in there once and asked if he had 2pc grinders and he handed me a 4pc and didn't understand the difference. He also told me all his stuff, including the 2 vapes there, were "made in the us, not that foreign crap" as I'm looking at the Chinese box whip on the shelf....

If you want decent glass that you want to see in person you have to hit WVU in Morgantown, but then you're paying out the ass college town prices.

I don't think its the law so much anymore as it is dumb fucking people....

I shop online.

JDSupreme,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Anyone here ever watched the move A/K/A Tommy Chong? It is basically a documentary (pretty good to watch, vaked or not) that explains how Tommy was taken down, in Operation Pipe Dream, and where the whole deal started/why he was pursued. Great movie IMO.

Purpl3_Haz3,
Yeah it's funny they don't post the couple's answer to the question posed.

When did you ever see anybody smoke tobacco out of a water bong?

"Uh, 19th century, the Empress Dowager Cixi. So there."

And it is absurd. Anyone could load any substance into any of those pipes, be it tobacco, MJ, kanna, human hair - whatever.

charliedontsurf,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Anyone here ever watched the move A/K/A Tommy Chong? It is basically a documentary (pretty good to watch, vaked or not) that explains how Tommy was taken down, in Operation Pipe Dream, and where the whole deal started/why he was pursued. Great movie IMO.

YES. Great shit! Its a fucking shame tho

JDSupreme,

Qbit

cannabanana
charliedontsurf said:
Yeah it's funny they don't post the couple's answer to the question posed.

When did you ever see anybody smoke tobacco out of a water bong?

"Uh, 19th century, the Empress Dowager Cixi. So there."

And it is absurd. Anyone could load any substance into any of those pipes, be it tobacco, MJ, kanna, human hair - whatever.

Actually plenty of Chinese still smoke tobacco out of bongs. I was there 4 years ago (Yunnan province in the Southwest) and bongs were being sold all over the place. Guys would sit outside their homes and shops a hit away. Weird thing is that they would still use cigarettes, from which they would break pieces off and stick in the bong in place of a packed cone/bowl.

Even weirder was that weed was growing wild all over the place, but they didn't really know or care about getting high from it. The authorities sure didn't care if anyone did (well, not us Westerners at least).

Qbit,

Sour Deez

hereatlast said:
No worries on South Street.

Not always the case. Just a couple years ago (maybe less?) a few stores were raided for carrying 'little baggies' or jewelry bags. Just ridiculous :rolleyes:

Philly is pretty lax when it comes to MJ i found out. They are way more concerned about all the hard drugs, which are everywhere, which could be another reason they went after those baggies.

I have been pulled over twice in philly with around an 8th on me and both times they took the bud, ripped the car apart for other stuff, didnt find any, and let me go on my way. They left my bowl and LB :D

I heard that philly kinda decriminalized mj under a certain amount but couldn't find any document stating that so who knows.

Sour Deez,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Im pretty sure around here (SWPA) you can get in more trouble for having paraphernalia than having like an 8th or less

JDSupreme,
Top Bottom