Do You Like Honey??? If so, these links are a must read.....

lwien

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I'm not surprised at all that they cut our honey.. The ground beef at taco bell and places like that is about 2/3 bread IIRC.. They do that w/ a lot of things for sure.

Buildozer,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

lwien

Just went to Trader Joes and picked up some of their Turkish Honey, and no, the honey does not come from Turkey but rather from bees that pollenate Turkish Pines. I've never tasted honey like this. Tastes just like candy. And btw, TJ's also sells Mesquite Honey which is great for BBQ sauces. But man, this Turkish Honey is a really nice change up from your typical flower and clove honey. Worth a trip to TJ's to give it a shot, especially if ya like drizzling it on some plain Greek Yogurt along with some blueberries and cinnamon Yummmmm.....healthy protein and sweetness.

MinnBobber

I had a longtime connection, my "honey pusher man" if you will. He also happened to bee.... my barber.
He ended up selling his hives so now I'm searching for a good source.

I have a little stash left from a big bucket of local honey I found---for special occasions. Wonderful stuff.
I have some organic honey from Brazil, where the bees mate with Zika mosquitoes :)

Good honey on toasted English muffin bread with cinnamon is awesome.
Premium honey is so worth it !!!

EDIT-- thanks for the heads up on Trader Joe's as I'll try their honey too

Last edited:

HighSeasSailor

Knew this was pretty much the case for some time. I have home brewed mead a number of times and when you work with it like that it's pretty clear the difference between good honey and mass produced trash. Think switching from Heaven Hill to single malt scotch - there's just no mistaking the real thing.

I personally love buckwheat honey, good on anything you want rich but I especially like it on flapjacks.

Top Bottom