Do percolators/honeycombs/diffusers matter for vapebonging?

medically420

Hi everyone, I just ordered an Underdog yesterday and wanted to get a water pipe to go along with it. I went shopping around 5 local shops today, and couldn't help but see the many additions to bongs. Percolators, triple percolators, honeycombs, diffusers, and the list can go on and on. Although these bonuses are good for combusting herb, does this help vapists who are strictly VapeBonging?

An 8-inch quality straight beaker bong goes for $35, and with any of those additions, the price bumps up to $65+. I just wanted to get advice from FC if considering these bongs with all the fancy work is necessary for a beginner. To start with, I've only ever used straight beaker bongs.

I understand that I do have DHgate as an option, but I'd like to keep it local if possible.

KimDracula

Most vapers go for less diffusion than those that smoke, so multiple chambers or really intricate percs may be unnecessary or even strip the flavor away. Given the situation you have described, I think you should give the simple beaker a try.

medically420

Thanks. I'm new to cannabis and was quite impressed with the engineering that goes into these bongs. However as a beginner it could be slightly overwhelming to choose what works for me, since I never tried them. I'll end up with a beaker bong as my first, but will move down the line once more pieces that catch my eye.

Shopping for a glass piece is actually pretty fun, since every one of them are very unique.

medically420,
Reactions: KimDracula

lazylathe

Almost there...

davesmith

Glass Blower
Lots of fancy chambers and Percy can often lead to draw resistance which is something many try to avoid in vaping.

+1 for the simple beaker. Warm water is more cooling that cold water with vapour ;)

medically420

Less diffusion=more flavor, more diffusion=cooler and often larger hits.

Awesome. I'll definitely go for the beaker bong, since I'm new and trying to notice flavor profiles of the different strains. Also, my tolerance is very lightweight, so big hits shouldn't be a big concern right now.

I checked out the DHgate thread, and it looks like many of the local shops order from there and double the price! However I'll have fun shopping online from now on.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Awesome. I'll definitely go for the beaker bong, since I'm new and trying to notice flavor profiles of the different strains. Also, my tolerance is very lightweight, so big hits shouldn't be a big concern right now.

I checked out the DHgate thread, and it looks like many of the local shops order from there and double the price! However I'll have fun shopping online from now on.

This is also a beaker style bong.

If you feel like feeling rich and want to "show off" to your friends. order this:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/2014-.../209688146.html?recinfo=17,0,3#svh-3-5|null:0

Select the Mothership logo and it will look like you have an extremely expensive rig!

lazylathe,
Reactions: Morty

MySega

If you don't like big rips, you may want to look into a bubbler that can hold the weight of the underdog. A bong could be overwhelming. I am also a low tolerance person and def prefer a good bubbler.

medically420

I ended up going for the small 8 inch Heavy Hitter beaker bong. It's American made glass, so I'd be able to sell it to someone who's looking for quality.

@MySega You're right, I might switch to a smaller bubbler like a knock-off dabuccino on the side, or perhaps you have any recommendations? I'm not sure where to start. I've got a small hydrotube from DHgate, but I realized its WAY too small.

medically420,
Reactions: MySega

MySega

My fav Dhgate piece is the d022. The size is just right for me and the draw on it is nice.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/d022-height-10-5-quot-double-chamber-glass/184395777.html

here is a function vid i found on youtubes

and another

Any of the D series pieces from dhgate seem applicable. The d020 original may be a little small but the others seem alright. There are more than I provided but here is a couple of examples. Sunshine store is my personal preference because they are fairly priced and ship out quality goods, but there are other vendors selling quality pieces.

Last edited:
MySega,
I ended up going for the small 8 inch Heavy Hitter beaker bong. It's American made glass, so I'd be able to sell it to someone who's looking for quality.

@MySega You're right, I might switch to a smaller bubbler like a knock-off dabuccino on the side, or perhaps you have any recommendations? I'm not sure where to start. I've got a small hydrotube from DHgate, but I realized its WAY too small.

www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/page-805#post-908711

You're fucked now! Stevenlmz on dhgate has a whole section of fc designed or inspired pieces, some very versatile pieces. My most recet acquisition was an fc-278 which is pretty much a d020-d with a claisen on the end. The D series is popular, the d020 especially. Its pretty small but works great with small portables.

nondarb,

medically420

@MySega @nondarb I'm quite convinced that the D020-D is for me. It seems to be just the right size, but I'll probably give it about 2 months until I decide to purchase another piece of glass. Hopefully I can go window shopping at a headshop, but I surprisingly haven't found them anywhere in person. It's hard to gauge size through the internet.

medically420,
Reactions: nondarb

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Most vapers go for less diffusion than those that smoke, so multiple chambers or really intricate percs may be unnecessary or even strip the flavor away.

This, I use a lab flask as my main bubbler and a six arm diffused downstem is enough to effectively cool the vapor while keeping the full flavor profile.

The Beagle,

howie105

Don't give up on your local craftsmen, find them, tell them what you want and negotiate over the price. Sure you may still pay more but you should be able to get a piece that is built around your individual wants and needs. This from a guy who has mostly cheap and home made accessories. Sigh..

howie105,
Reactions: thewiz
Top Bottom