Do People Get High on The War On Drugs? (RANT Alert)

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I've been thinking about what Dr. Gabor Mate said about Dopamine Circuits, in regular people, and in addicts, and those with ADHD, and those with Autism and all of the children in America who are on Anti-Depressants, Anti-Psychotics, and Stimulants (who probably make up 10,000,000 of the adolescent TV viewers here)...and what he said was that their dopamine circuits don't function properly, so they're always hungry in a way, or more often than others who were not around calm and emotionally stable, non-stressed parents who were consistently available (ie: not going to work at 6am and coming home at 6pm).

So, I wonder if anyone knows whether TV, and news about the war on drugs, could be causing brain chemistry akin to getting high. I know we feel what we feel because we think what we think, and that TV does use Modern PR and Political Advisors to help frame and select the news each night. Modern PR plays on machine-tooling for a desired response - they're Perry Mason about it, so can I make the leap from that to a drug-response? and that maybe all TV addicts (me too) get a dopamine drip from watching?

and could I go so far as to suggest that like in the Roman Colosseum, we might opt to keep druggies going to prison because those meanings are so entrenched as to have become melded with emotional pathways, part of our identity and world view, and of course our sense of enjoyment...?

do we get off on the war on drugs?

*use of Modern PR to machine-tool a desired response / Political Advisors to frame issues to benefit the "view" they peddle

VWFringe,
an extremely enlightening post... But yes I would say that television does have some negative influence on our dopamine levels. But hell, everything that I enjoy is bad for me :lol:

A prime example would be how we all love sit coms because they depict average conflict but truth be told real life is not some comedy filled with canned laughter. I've always wondered what kind of effect cheesy Hollywood storylines would have on our generation. . . I guess this "starvation" is it!

biojuggernaut,

Nosferatu

People are always trying to get fullfilment from outside sources, but its simply not sustainable, you have to become an addict of the medium to get long term pleasure out of it. Its hard to find people these days that look for real fulfillment, which is only found in yourself and others, and in mother nature. Has anyone noticed how some people are scared to be alone and always want a fantasy playing(TV) or to be entertained by a friend or video game?

Nosferatu,
or to be huffing vapor and sitting up here with the good folks of FC. . . why yes, yes I have noticed this. :lol:

You put exactly into words what I could not.

biojuggernaut,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
the title of my next rant came to me:

"Television Works for Politicians"

...and of course corporations think it works pretty well for them too

see i'm just creating new sources of dopamine for myself (in being upset about politics) hahahaha
and new avenues to perceive connection between myself and others, to get my dopamine, yep

cuz i do feel all warm and fuzzy sometimes when i'm on this forum - does FC get you high? hehe

VWFringe,
Top Bottom