Do different strains Vape properly at different temps?

rklevy

I spoke to a friend today who told me that Sativa's and Indica's have different Vaporization levels. Is this true? I am thinking about getting a Vape with a digital thermostate, and this would seem to be a better option if each strain Vapes at a different type. Speaking of strains-would that mean that different strains with-in the the Indica/Sartiva/Hybrid catagories also Properly Vape( and by that I mean before the bud burns; giving off proper White Vapor) at different types?

rklevy,

niall

It appears to be true, in that different strains have a different mix of cannabinoids and other volatiles, but it's pretty subtle. Temps and the rate at which you increase them (e.g. for subsequent Volcano bags) all let you play with the effects somewhat e.g. to emphasise more of a THC head high or a CBD body stone, but it's pretty minor overall so in practice no I don't think it's something you really need to consider.

As long as you can control the temperature fairly accurate over a good range then you can dial in whatever you prefer, you'll settle on a temp and a technique that works for you, but once you're hitting 200-220 C then you're boiling off most of the volatiles regardless of what strain it is. Lower temps are a slightly different story, but it's subtle and not something that should really influence your vape selection imho.

niall,

standard

I don't think it's as big a factor as how dry the herb is. I agree with niall, it's subtle stuff. If you want to lean to the hot side for couchlock or completely toasting a bowl, the option is there. Playing with the temp control on my vape in the middle of a hit is lots of fun. I like to start off pretty warm to get things going, then turn it down during the hit, ending it a beautiful tasting light vapor. Each strain has its own sweet spot depending on the vaporist, vape setup, dryness and fineness of the material, temperature and ability to sustain temperature throughout hit, phases of the moon...so many factors to play with. Enjoy!

standard,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Dryness and how well the bud was cured makes such a huge difference that I would say it's pretty much impossible to tell a difference between strains.

bluntfaced,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Dryness and how well the bud was cured makes such a huge difference that I would say it's pretty much impossible to tell a difference between strains.

Have to disagree bluntfaced , but not totally , you can very much differenciate the flavors and strains , theres also difference in thickness of vapors , different temp that work best for each strain imo , but yes , how well the product has been cured and dried also makes a huge difference

Heres one for another thread , I find that if i get stuff that is too dry , you know , crumble to power shit , that if you stick it in a humidor for a couple days you gain back some moisture and it doesnt powder out on you , then you can dry it out to your personal preference :cool:

Samsquanch,
Top Bottom