DH Gate E nail

Megaton

I was just wondering if anyone had taken a chance on one of these DH Gate enail kits?

If so, are they worth it? If not, is there any of better quality for a similar price?

At the moment im using my log for concentrates, but i'm not sure if im "missing out" on the whole dabbing experience. Perhaps one day id even look into getting the rest of the necessary hardware for a flowerpot...

Link

Megaton,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
Get one with a flat instead of barrel coil for under the quartz dish (better performance). Apart from that, be the same as any other generic cheap PID. XMT-7100 is the standard PID controller used in most of these I believe. (vs. the Omron E5CC in some higher quality ones)

JCat,
Reactions: Megaton

Megaton

Thanks @just_the_flu! That looks like a good shout!

Though one of the attractive things about the dhgate offerings is that they include a nail and a coil in the price, so it is significantly cheaper. Also, being in the UK, the free postage would be no small thing!

Thanks @JCat! I havnt the first clue re this equipment, so i appreciate the advice. Coils dont seem prohibitively expensive if i should decide to go the flower pot route and have a need for a 20mm coil.

JCat

Accessory Maker
...honestly, for $86 bucks from dhgate, rtake a look at the auber RDK-200 or RDK-300 first https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=45

...may be happier in the end, both models are highly recommended, tried and tested...
You may be right, but there is a big enough price difference ... $86 vs. ~$135 ...

Controller = $65 + coil = $46 + hybrid Ti/Quartz nail/carb cap separately for an additional 20-25 after shipping (since Auberin only sells the all Ti nails which I don't think anyone wants!)

So ~60% more expensive ...

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks @just_the_flu! That looks like a good shout!

Though one of the attractive things about the dhgate offerings is that they include a nail and a coil in the price, so it is significantly cheaper. Also, being in the UK, the free postage would be no small thing!

Thanks @JCat! I havnt the first clue re this equipment, so i appreciate the advice. Coils dont seem prohibitively expensive if i should decide to go the flower pot route and have a need for a 20mm coil.
Yes, and if you go with the SiC offerings from either NewVape or D-Nail then if you go with the flat coil to start with you'll be all set. It's also doubtful that the barrel coil that comes w/ the dhgate kit would work with the VROD from NewVape for example ... so you might be better off going with the flat coil to start (if your main purpose is concentrates), and if you decide to go to a VROD, then get a barrel coil at that time from 710coils or somewhere that carries a VROD compatible one.

Just my 2 cents. I started w/ a barrel coil and it just sits in a box now; along with the cheap XMT-7100 controller and Ti nail. Love my D-Nail Halo SiC and also love my VROD :) D-Nail SiC Halo uses a flat coil and VROD uses the specific VROD coil.

JCat,

Megaton

This is my thinking @JCat.

This would be mostly for concentrates, yes, but my access to flowers is much more reliable, so would like the option to get whatever hardware i would need to make it as broadly useful as possible really!

Unless im over thinking the whole thing and should just either stick to my log or go the cheap route and buy a banger and a big enough torch? Dont much like the idea if that though really.

Megaton,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I've been using the DHGate enail in my signature since March of 2016. I havent even had to replace my heaters yet though I've mixed up the flat and barrel heaters over the years both seem to be working just fine after all this time. I think the only drawback I have is the unit is not wired for d-nail pin-out so I'll need to rewire my PID if I end up needing to source new heaters in the future, no problem I hope!

psychonaut,
Top Bottom