Covering the bowl with Foil?

cyprus23

Would it be possible to make a vape by poking holes in some layers of tin foil and then wrapping and sealing it over your bowl? You could just hold the flame over the foil and draw in the warm air without the flame touching your herb.

cyprus23,

nr-cole

I'm pretty sure it would still combust because tinfoil doesn't block out enough heat (look at hookahs). An open flame is somewhere between 900-1000 degrees Fahrenheit, much too hot for vaping.

nr-cole,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
pipe screens could work, if you stack enough of them, but be sure to burn them first just 'till they glow red, not white, and you need to make sure the flame doesn't go around. some vapes use this instead of foam ceramic or mineral disks.

you want to save money, or just experience it before spending?

when i started i didn't have money or interest really but tried the lightbulb vape, didn't like it, made one, it was cheap, but took a lot of fiddling to set up the hits and again didn't like it, so the Hakko soldering iron works just like a silver surfer, and only cost me $39. plus a couple parts from home depot. check out the homemade vapes thread for other ideas and how they worked out for people.

but without wanting to sound like your dad, you should stop smoking pot, it's not good for you...always use a vape.

VWFringe,

OO

Technical Skeptical
nr-cole said:
I'm pretty sure it would still combust because tinfoil doesn't block out enough heat (look at hookahs). An open flame is somewhere between 900-1000 degrees Fahrenheit, much too hot for vaping.
if you're using a hookah properly, the shisha never combusts.

OO,

cyprus23

VWFringe said:
pipe screens could work, if you stack enough of them, but be sure to burn them first just 'till they glow red, not white, and you need to make sure the flame doesn't go around. some vapes use this instead of foam ceramic or mineral disks.

you want to save money, or just experience it before spending?

but without wanting to sound like your dad, you should stop smoking pot, it's not good for you...always use a vape.

Yeah I wanted to save money rather than spending even more money. I've tried the lightbulb vape and I couldn't really tell if it worked. But I do like the idea of not smoking so turning my pipe into a vape would be awesome.

cyprus23,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Just bite the bullet and get a relatively inexpensive vape. Sadly it appears that the ease of learning curve is pretty proportional to cost.

Either way, chances are its gonna pay for itself :)

I can attest to this as well as many others.

AGBeer,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
i'm pretty sure smoking and aluminum foil is bad for you. I have seen cheapish slightly fancier diy plans. http://tehvaporizer.blogspot.com/

But, at the super cheap end, you'd have the vaporgenie, which is basically what you're trying to do with the foil, those are only 40 bones and actually work. Not my favorite vape, but definitely gets the job done. or at least i've seen the vaporgenie bat for 40, maybe 50? for reg vaporgenie

rabblerouser,
Top Bottom