Counterfeit SharpStones

TheOtherSideVapes

Vaporizer Enthusiast & Retailer
Retailer
Over the past few years, there have been a number of retailers across the United States selling counterfeit SharpStone grinders and presses. About a year ago we worked to investigate the source of the counterfeits and they were successfully sued in court and shutdown. Unfortunately there seems to still be some of these on the market even today, so I thought it might be helpful if I posted a link to our guide on how the difference between authentic and counterfeit SharpStones.

Click HERE to view the guide.

These counterfeit SharpStones are total junk. They have teeth that will easily break off or start rubbing together, causing many to produce metal shavings. The counterfeit presses were also extremely low quality and there were large gaps between the dowels and the inside of the press. The counterfeit problem was so bad for a period of time, that I'd probably estimate that probably up to half of all sharpstone grinders in the United States are fake. They're pretty good grinders for the money, however the same can't be said about the knock-offs.

If you need help trying to figure out if your own SharpStone grinder or press, or a SharpStone grinder or press you're looking to buy somewhere is authentic or not, feel free to post a picture and I'll be able to tell you.

Sincerely,
Taylor

TheOtherSideVapes

Vaporizer Enthusiast & Retailer
Retailer
Great guide! Super helpful. :tup:

Can you do one of these for the Chromium Crusher too?

Unfortunately, I'm not quite the expert on Chromium Crushers. I know that there's a newer and an older style of Chromium Crushers. The original operation got in a bit of trouble and was shutdown from the rumors I heard. Then the operation was restarted like maybe a year ago I guess, and I'm not sure exactly what they're doing now. I got a shipment of the newer ones about 8-12 months ago and I think they were absolute junk. They were basically just knock off SharpStones, but terrible quality with and Chromium logo. I was playing around with them before I listed them in my store, and it probably took less than 60 seconds for me to decide to send them back to my distributor. The reeling handle versions had teeth that would grinder together, and one jammed up and was completely ruined (just by spinning the handle!!). Perhaps things have changed over the past year with Chromium, but I wouldn't touch there new products from what I saw last time. I've seen the originals and they were nice, but the new ones are absolutely nothing like them.

Sincerely,
Taylor

TheOtherSideVapes,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Nice post. Just picked up a sharpstone and using this guide, found it is authentic. Love the grinder. One of the best ive had.

YoGranMazPimp,
Top Bottom