Could vaping be the answer?

Hallydude

For almost a year now I've had a chronic cough, but it hasn't become unbearable until about a month or so really. I went to cuba, came back sick, and my cough just never got better.

I'm 99% sure a large contributor to this cough (which I'm assuming to be chronic bronchitis) is combustion, considering i smoke 4-5 times a day, usually out of bongs. With 4/20 being over I want to swich over to vaping at least for a little while to save my respiratory system.

I know most of you aren't doctors, but based on personal opinion:
1. Well this help my chronic bronchitis? and if so, how long before I'll start to see results?
2. Any suggestions on how to maintain my seshes with friends, considering it's difficult to bring a plug-in box vape everywhere i go
3. Could someone give me some other major benefits of switching over to vaping?

Thanks!

Hallydude,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
A thread that might be of interest to you is this one, made by our member Pappy, when he first started vaping.

IMO, vaping will reduce your coughing significantly. It did for me and others, as you will read in the above thread.

You will probably want to look into a portable unit for the "on the go" sessions with friends where a desk top unit isn't convenient.

Another benefit of vaping, beyond the health aspects, is that the high is much clearer. I do not experience the "couch lock" that I used to get when I smoked.

Congratulations on your decision to switch to vaporization and welcome to FC. You've come to the right place for information and lots of great people who can help you on your journey. :tup:

wilvape

I switched over to vaping a year ago for health issues also, I haven't looked back, its sounds like your a perfect candidate to get one. I'm a parapelegic so I have no stomach muscles and coughing is a real bitch,vape was the way to go for me.
I bought the solo portable and it sounds like a great one for your needs, great clouds, good battery life, awesome effects, lots of accessories , bongs , water pipes etc and you use about half the product to get the same results.
As far as sessions with friends , I do it all the time, my buddies love it and are buying vapes for the stealth factor to take with them in hotels rooms and such. Just the saving of herb you use will quickly pay for itself, I would highly recommend this unit and there are other great vapes available, lots of info in the vape section. Good luck

wilvape,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You may find, like the majority of people who make the switch, that after a bit you wont like the taste of smoking. If you dedicate yourself to only vapor for a good two weeks, I would be very surprised to find out you still enjoyed smoking. I will pass on a joint at a party if there is no vape around. I'd rather go straight at this point than smoke. :2c:

Tweek

I got stuck without a vape while away, and thought I could manage smoking...made me want to :puke: every puff I took...just terrible. Can't wait to load up a vape when I get home.

Adobewan

Smoked for 30 yrs till 2010, used to cough up a grey phlegm in the AM. Since vaping, no more grey phlegm.
Like others, I was astounded that I could get to a point where I would pass on smoking. Not even a choice anymore, I can't smoke, too harsh and disgusting.
Jump 2.5 years ahead to vaping a UD or Solo thru a Frit or Mobius and the contrast makes me giggle(out loud sometimes!).
I'm evangelical to my community, "Arrrrgh, smoke BAAAAAD!. Vape goooood!"

francis

Vape enthusiasms
used to cough up a grey phlegm in the AM. Since vaping, no more grey phlegm.
Like others, I was astounded that I could get to a point where I would pass on smoking. Not even a choice anymore, I can't smoke, too harsh and disgusting.

get out of my head !

francis,
Reactions: Adobewan

Nunavut Tripper

I know most of you aren't doctors, but based on personal opinion:

1. Well this help my chronic bronchitis? and if so, how long before I'll start to see results?

I switched from smoking to vaping 8 years ago due to the bronchitis issue. Cured the smokers hack immediately. I've never smoked since.

2. Any suggestions on how to maintain my seshes with friends, considering it's difficult to bring a plug-in box vape everywhere i go

I carry a portable when socializing with friends away from home.

3. Could someone give me some other major benefits of switching over to vaping?

Most vapes will use much less herb compared to smoking. You will get a clearer high,less couch lock and no fuzzy hangover the next day. Less smell and an overall better experience.
After smoking cannabis since 1970 I actually gave it up for several months about 8 years ago. I was turned off by the smokers hack,harsh taste and I really wasn't getting off anymore.
Then I started experimenting with vapour and have enjoyed cannabis more now than ever before.

Thanks![/quote]

pastoral

let the rhythm be your guiding light
You may find, like the majority of people who make the switch, that after a bit you wont like the taste of smoking. If you dedicate yourself to only vapor for a good two weeks, I would be very surprised to find out you still enjoyed smoking. I will pass on a joint at a party if there is no vape around. I'd rather go straight at this point than smoke. :2c:

couldn't agree more momofthegoons :nod: your thoughts in this post are sooo true and mimic exactly my experience after making the switch exclusively to vaporization :2c: honestly never thought it could be possible after 30+yrs of enjoying beautiful flowers through combustion, trying every new fancy vessel available on the market, but it is oooooooo so true :peace: as weird as it is to say, i simply do not enjoy the 'smoking' part anymore +++ the elevation is so much clearer/cleaner :buzz: love & cheers

Top Bottom