coughing from vaping, especially Mighty ,..does anyone else find what i did 2020 update

Hi everyone,

i haven't posted here before but have been vaping since 2012 and been reading a lot about something i used to struggle with and now and again struggle with to this day, we have all been there i think, why do i cough so much today on same strain same device when yesterday was smooth?

I find this most on vapes like Mighty, and to make things short due to those cough fits i slowly sliced down what i use as a device.

Vapcap i have found letting in more air at the end with the carp helps, before you end open carb and get fresh cool air in with your hit and bang none of that coughing fit.

I used the ghost MV1 and same theory as you hit that you get a lot of air, as at least the way i use it i let go of the heating button but draw for a few moments longer

Mighty, you cant really do that and this is my theory why i cough so hard on this device.

Sticky bricks i found at first no cough but when i cork the carb on some days with my more sensitive me a would start to cough. I starting using the carb and found that sensation is gone

with the flower pot weed-eater i was taking the heater off and clearing the bong each inhale, then i saw others do 2-3 or 4 or even kill the bowl before taking the heat off and i started this method with huge milky clouds but on some days could not take it without coughing so on those days i would remove the heater.

So part of it is the clear or cool clear air at the end of a draw so if you can just do that with the device away from your mouth i am guessing that will help. thats my next test on mighty.

I have worked on many angles of coughing besides the air.

Size of bowl, too big too many terps is my finding, go small not big, however want a bigger cloud, then you go slightly bigger but overdue it for me and i cough for 5 mins.

Temp ... too high and you cough, each device is diff for sure so not too much on here but temp on a lot of devices could be combust even ghost, etc... but on Mighty i cough on anything above 360 unless thru water

Grind - tricky, too fine and it clogs and harsh too coarse and no vapor and also can cough in my experience. Each vape diff, i find medium to medium fine to be best.

Weed Venting - yes, i mean after you grind the nog let it sit out on paper for 5 mins. Never too long but that really helps, i have no idea why. I used to do the same rolling jimmys back back in the day. i saw Bud say this on one of his VDOs back in the days and i said yep, i felt the same.

Storage - in glass, with boveda packs. First at 62% and down to 58% prior to vape. 62% for storage.(no store down the road so need to keep some stock).

Of course some strains are tougher than others but i found i can get any strain to make me cough and visa versa so i still dont know all what impacts me but wanted to share and see if anyone has any pointers.

I am getting old, maybe thats is. Thanks everyone!!

Over and out from Land of Smiles, Thailand.

Vaporware

I don’t think the temp matters a lot on all devices, but maybe more on things with conduction or hybrid heaters like the Mighty?

Taking in extra air with no vapor at the end has always made a big difference to me in preventing coughing though, especially with dense vapor.

I almost never cough, but that’s because I always try to get extra air at the end like you’re talking about. If I mess that up, those are the few times I end up coughing. I think it might have to do with whether I have a lot of vapor staying in my throat when I finish inhaling.

I don’t think the temp matters a lot on all devices, but maybe more on things with conduction or hybrid heaters like the Mighty?

Taking in extra air with no vapor at the end has always made a big difference to me in preventing coughing though, especially with dense vapor.

I almost never cough, but that’s because I always try to get extra air at the end like you’re talking about. If I mess that up, those are the few times I end up coughing. I think it might have to do with whether I have a lot of vapor staying in my throat when I finish inhaling.

The more i play with the extra air intake i am finding the same now.. like you said when i mess up i end up coughing but getting much better at it. Thanks for sharing!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
however want a bigger cloud, then you go slightly bigger but overdue it for me and i cough for 5 mins.

This is your issue right there.

You're looking to blow out bigger clouds than your body can tolerate. Gotta stop cloud chasing, ever heard the saying "your eyes are bigger than your stomach?" In this case your eyes are bigger than your lungs.

There's a reviewer on YouTube named Senior Stoner who has the same exact problem. His whole premise is to figure out a way to "stop coughing"

But he's still stuck on big clouds so he never makes any progress. As long as you can feel the vapor, it doesn't matter what you see. And even then, if we're trying to eliminate coughing and harshness we should stop inhaling before we feel anything harsh. I notice a lot of people who cough when trying a vape don't even notice their lungs are full until they are ready to burst. Almost like vapor is deceptively smooth until it's "too late."

You can mix in ambient air with the Mighty, try inhaling vapor for 3 seconds, then take your mouth off the vape and inhale fresh ambient air for a second, then 3 more seconds inhaling vapor, another second of ambient air, and so on.

Also clouds are very dependent on lighting, the same exact hit in different lighting conditions can look otherworldly or out-of-order. You can try exhaling into an LED light if you want to see big clouds off small hits, I think a lot of people would be surprised to see how much vapor is actually there.

Best of luck!

shredder

Hi everyone,

i haven't posted here before but have been vaping since 2012 and been reading a lot about something i used to struggle with and now and again struggle with to this day, we have all been there i think, why do i cough so much today on same strain same device when yesterday was smooth?

I find this most on vapes like Mighty, and to make things short due to those cough fits i slowly sliced down what i use as a device.

Vapcap i have found letting in more air at the end with the carp helps, before you end open carb and get fresh cool air in with your hit and bang none of that coughing fit.

I used the ghost MV1 and same theory as you hit that you get a lot of air, as at least the way i use it i let go of the heating button but draw for a few moments longer

Mighty, you cant really do that and this is my theory why i cough so hard on this device.

Sticky bricks i found at first no cough but when i cork the carb on some days with my more sensitive me a would start to cough. I starting using the carb and found that sensation is gone

with the flower pot weed-eater i was taking the heater off and clearing the bong each inhale, then i saw others do 2-3 or 4 or even kill the bowl before taking the heat off and i started this method with huge milky clouds but on some days could not take it without coughing so on those days i would remove the heater.

So part of it is the clear or cool clear air at the end of a draw so if you can just do that with the device away from your mouth i am guessing that will help. thats my next test on mighty.

I have worked on many angles of coughing besides the air.

Size of bowl, too big too many terps is my finding, go small not big, however want a bigger cloud, then you go slightly bigger but overdue it for me and i cough for 5 mins.

Temp ... too high and you cough, each device is diff for sure so not too much on here but temp on a lot of devices could be combust even ghost, etc... but on Mighty i cough on anything above 360 unless thru water

Grind - tricky, too fine and it clogs and harsh too coarse and no vapor and also can cough in my experience. Each vape diff, i find medium to medium fine to be best.

Weed Venting - yes, i mean after you grind the nog let it sit out on paper for 5 mins. Never too long but that really helps, i have no idea why. I used to do the same rolling jimmys back back in the day. i saw Bud say this on one of his VDOs back in the days and i said yep, i felt the same.

Storage - in glass, with boveda packs. First at 62% and down to 58% prior to vape. 62% for storage.(no store down the road so need to keep some stock).

Of course some strains are tougher than others but i found i can get any strain to make me cough and visa versa so i still dont know all what impacts me but wanted to share and see if anyone has any pointers.

I am getting old, maybe thats is. Thanks everyone!!

Over and out from Land of Smiles, Thailand.

I think you've covered it all pretty well, except using medibles on occasion to give your lungs a break. Especially in allergy season when your (if you have allergies) lungs are stressed anyway.

Another thing that helps me is to use more concentrates. Im not sure if its cleaner vapor or if its just less hits required, but concentrates bother me less than vaping herbs.

Top Bottom