There some variation in the fit. Some fit really well:
IMG-7532.jpg
IMG-7534.jpg

Others are a little close:
IMG-7535.jpg
IMG-7533.jpg

The JoDa bowl is really great!
I still have to try the JoDa bowl!

Sorry if I led any astray, it was a happy accident while I was putting things away! Mine sits similar to your green colored one-

Hi everyone, I'm trying to learn more about the couchlog, and I have a question about the temperature controller for this device. Others have asked the question about whether another VVPS could be used, but I'm sort of confused by the responses.

Does anyone know if the normal adapter that is sold for logs like the HI or UD could be used? Also, I have a couple of these Micro Voltage Controllers that Alan sells on this page: https://www.toasty-top.com/other.html

They come either in a plastic box housing or on a tiny wood slab. Here's the description:

Micro Voltage Controller - $45
(bamboo and domestic wood). Exotic wood available for additional cost.
Plastic box version - $35
2” x 1.75” x 1.5” tall
Input - 5.5mm x 2.1mm socket, 5 to 30 volts DC (center positive)
Output - 5.5mm x 2.1mm jack, 1 to 30 volts DC (center positive)
25 watt capacity
Programmable start voltage
Digital voltage display
Short circuit protection
No slip feet
Micro knob adjustment

I was hoping to just use one of these.
I'm currently using the VVPS that I got with the my HI, with my couchlog. I think you'd be okay with the controller you've listed, but honestly wait for someone else to answer :shrug:

Hagbard Celine

I'm currently using the VVPS that I got with the my HI, with my couchlog. I think you'd be okay with the controller you've listed, but honestly wait for someone else to answer :shrug:

Thanks, seems as though the other VVPS that Alan builds specifically for the HI should work too then, is that right? What is special about the temp controller that comes with the couchlog?

Hagbard Celine,

Hagbard Celine

Thanks, seems as though the other VVPS that Alan builds specifically for the HI should work too then, is that right? What is special about the temp controller that comes with the couchlog?

And I guess an important related question would be what voltage do you use on the VVPS that you use with your HI / UD, when you are using it with the Couchlog?

Hagbard Celine,

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
And I guess an important related question would be what voltage do you use on the VVPS that you use with your HI / UD, when you are using it with the Couchlog?
6V is the safe option. You can run it with 12V but be careful that you don't overheat the unit.

CL has 5,5x2,5 DC Socket. An adapter does the work if it doesn't fit.

rvarick

6V is the safe option. You can run it with 12V but be careful that you don't overheat the unit.

CL has 5,5x2,5 DC Socket. An adapter does the work if it doesn't fit.
Where would 6V translate to on the temp controller? I'm guessing the max, correct (seeing as the power supply itself has a 6V output)? Also, based on your comment would running it between 6v to ~11v generally not cause overheating?

For those with an REFC ATM converter (i.e. UCTRONICS Buck Converter), I had an additional (possibly dumb question): so if I wanted to run my Couchlog at the 6V mentioned here, would I just set the volts to 6.0, or do I need to worry about setting amps and/or watts too? Or do Amps and Watts automatically go off what voltage I choose (if I set by voltage)?

Last edited:
rvarick,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
For those with an REFC ATM converter, I had an additional (possibly dumb question): so if I wanted to run my Couchlog at the 6V mentioned here, would I just set the volts to 6.0, or do I need to worry about amps and/or watts too?
Just set it lower than 6V. The other values flow from there. My friend @4everpushingaboulder runs his CL at 4.5-5.1V on the ATM. I always use the puck because I like it.

Top Bottom