Confused on cooking with duff

isapher

Hi all, long time lurker.

I would love to make a batch of duff brownies using duff oil this weekend, but am confused on the ratio I need of duff to oil. I understand when people say 2oz or whatever of duff they are speaking of weight, not volume, but I dont have a scale. I have a little over 2oz measured volume of duff and need a minimum of 1/2 cup usable cannaoil. Is this possible? I plan on using a crockpot on low setting for 12 hours, but dont want to waste my 2 oz of duff if it simply isnt enough.

TY

I

isapher,

B.

War Criminal
thats plenty of duff, just make sure you've coated the bud completely. My rule is I use enough oil to cover the bud, maybe a little bit more.

Good luck.

B.,

isapher

Thanks! I may have dilluted it a little, but I vaped one last bowl, tossed it all in the crock, and ended up using about 12oz to completely submerge the particles. Im excited!

isapher,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Holy shit!! Thats quite a bit of duff for ONE BATCH (IMO)

I usually tend to find that appx 1/2 cup (appx 1/2 oz or so) does well for a batch.

In other words - equal amounts of oil to duff ratio. And make sure you grind it to a powder.
Good luck!

AGBeer,

isapher

AARGH! This is why I get confused. How is 2oz measured volume (in a measuring cup), or 1/4 cup duff to 12oz oil more potent than your 1/2 cup duff? How much oil are you using in each "batch"?

isapher,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
isapher said:
AARGH! This is why I get confused. How is 2oz measured volume (in a measuring cup), or 1/4 cup duff to 12oz oil more potent than your 1/2 cup duff? How much oil are you using in each "batch"?
AGBeer used 1/2 oz or 14 grams duff. I don't know the weight/mass of the duff you are using. If you're using more than 14 g, you can have a more potent batch (all other variables being roughly equal).

No mystery really.

Tom

tdavie,

Qbit

cannabanana
Yeah look just go by B.'s rule - enough oil to cover your duff, and maybe a little more.

Qbit,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Ahhhhhhh, Im sorry - you were trying to translate dry weight to liquid based measurements.

When you said 2oz I figured you were going by WEIGHT. (As it was dry measure)

AGBeer,
Top Bottom