Concentrate pads

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'm inexperienced with concentrates, the very few times I've bought live resin, for example, I'd add a little to a bowl in the silver surfer mixed with bud. It's a great booster but screen cleaning or replacement was a must afterward. Then a few weeks ago on a lark I bought a nectar collector which was inexpensive and promising, but while not paying attention I accidentally burnt two fingers touching the glass around the same time I broke the dab dish by following my dealers recommendation to heat the dish first. It's now a few days later and it still hurts. But yes it worked but I found it a little cumbersome and inefficient (totally due to my inexperience).

So, I'm left with some recently purchased concentrate (I have no idea what it is, whether it's live resin, wax, shatter, whatever, I forgot to ask) and needed a vehicle for it. Then I remembered that when I bought my POTV "ONE," it came with one concentrate pad. I thought, where did i see it last, and found it. I placed the pad inside the oven, placed one or two small pieces (carefully with a toothpick and stir tool, until my mini spoon "dabber" arrives in the mail.)

And it worked and nicely! It's so simple, there's no complications or added hardware, etc.

So I have some questions. I see there's no dedicated thread here devoted to the specific discussion of concentrate pads and maybe it's warranted.

How and when should the pads be cleaned?

Is it advisable to add flower on top of the loaded concentrate pad or are the heat requirements too different? (I set my ONE at about 405 for concentrates and about 395 for flower).

Is there any point when pads should be replaced?

Are optional accessory concentrate pads considered an excellent way of utilizing concentrates or are there significantly better ways? (my daughter who works at a dispensary as a bud tender told me that I should get either a Puffco peak or plus, I believe. She's unaware of pads, this is new to her also.)

Are there modding opportunities for concentrate pads to improve and augment its capabilities?

Looking forward to reading some interesting feedback and suggestions.

jeffp,
Top Bottom