Concentrate high vs dry herb vape high

.brew

I thought you know how science works. What scientist thinks does not matter, it must be proven experimentally, peer reviewed and duplicatable.

I bet it was those “scientists” who determined that number.

Clearly there is a lot more going on then just %THC as it relates to effect. Scientifically proving that blood plasma levels do not correlate to degree of impairment would be great news for all users imo.
It's a valid point to raise, however, because the assumptions of the researcher are built into the testing model. If they don't know what they're looking for they won't build it into their model. Anecdotally, I'm the only researcher at my university with personal experience in this space. Not sure how we rank against other universities, I'm at a large SoCal research institution so probably more exposed than others, and I sit on our IRB so I see every research protocol that is approved (or not) at my institution.

For almost all researchers, the research is simply a means to an end--that end being another line on their CV. Career advancement and it happens all over not just in canna.

Minor point: science never proves, only disproves. More technical: we test the "null hypothesis," which is one of the many reasons those aforementioned assumptions of the researcher are so critical.

shredder

interesting article - apparently people don't actually get higher from higher potency cannabis, possibly because of the finite number of cannabinoid receptors. this actually confirms my experience.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/do-...-get-users-more-high-not-exactly-study-finds/

I think if anyone went on a rso regimen they would agree. I tried it once and only lasted a week.

I went from way high, to kinda high, to just feeling normal quickly and I felt like I still wanted something else besides rso. When I tried vaping I didn't get much.

I needed a break after that to feel much from what used to get me baked.

Robert-in-YEG

interesting article - apparently people don't actually get higher from higher potency cannabis, possibly because of the finite number of cannabinoid receptors. this actually confirms my experience.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/do-...-get-users-more-high-not-exactly-study-finds/
I remember a wise person telling me, "You can only get so high, after that, you're wasting weed".

Now that sounds like a reasonable theory. I just dug out on old Yocan and had a few blasts of shatter. I don't normally do that, and the concentrate has made my head spin.

Now can I get higher? This is likely an important question. I will have a few more hits and see if the wise saying is right or wrong.

Please check with a medical professional before proceeding, but everyone is encouraged to pursue their own investigation.

Robert-in-YEG

“It really puzzles me to see marijuana connected with narcotics… dope and all that crap. It’s a thousand times better than whiskey — it’s an assistant — a friend.”
~ Louis Armstrong

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: florduh

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have a friend that has smoked many joints daily for over 30 years have his first dab on Friday afternoon before he went to play golf... the worst he has ever played his partner told him, so much for performance-enhancing he has a handicap of around 2 now he is older.
He also said he tried a one paper later that evening but did not really need it.
He said my rosin still had him feeling baked the next morning, SiC Halo worked a treat on him.

florduh

I remember a wise person telling me, "You can only get so high, after that, you're wasting weed".

Now that sounds like a reasonable theory. I just dug out on old Yocan and had a few blasts of shatter. I don't normally do that, and the concentrate has made my head spin.

Now can I get higher? This is likely an important question. I will have a few more hits and see if the wise saying is right or wrong.

Please check with a medical professional before proceeding, but everyone is encouraged to pursue their own investigation.

Robert-in-YEG

“It really puzzles me to see marijuana connected with narcotics… dope and all that crap. It’s a thousand times better than whiskey — it’s an assistant — a friend.”
~ Louis Armstrong

I only like to get to a certain level of highness. Besides being my preference, it’s a great way to manage tolerance.

I don’t find concentrates get me any higher than flower vaping, because I’m still only loading enough concentrate to get me where I want to go.

I only do cold starts on my wax pen. So I load using a toothpick, putting a tiny amount on the tip.

Robert-in-YEG

I only like to get to a certain level of highness. Besides being my preference, it’s a great way to manage tolerance.
There is a lot of wisdom in moderation. For just recreational purposes, tolerance can interrupt the good times, and it is just costly. For medical purposes, tolerance can be problem too.

All things in moderation. Not sure who said that, but it makes sense.

Robert-in-YEG

"Nothing is more important than your health... except for your money."
Ferengi Rule of Aquaisition #23

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: florduh

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
I do find dabs to be more of a head high than flower like the OP. I would agree that the lose of terps is the culprit, as another poster implied.

I make my own BHO so I get the benefit of vaping the flower my concentrate comes from as well, and comparing the 2.

For every day use I really prefer the high from my BHO, especially with the addition of CBD isolate powder and my personal favorite, full spectrum CBG wax.

Of course edibles are another story as well. My full spectrum homemade infusions are far superior in effect to distillate edibles. People who are only used to a punch bar or gummies are often surprised by the quality of the high from my coconut oil infusions.

Top Bottom