Community spirit versus fanboism

Sativapo

I agree that there is no need to revisit the same issue and when this crap builds up it is usually moved to shipping and ordering thread,because it is really unpleasant to read, i just wanted to point out another issue present on the site, i dont mind the price(ordered two)where it is as i said i just want to get to help them act in a timely manner and save them the trouble of more people commenting on it.
That beings said i should have PMed or email,so sorry about this . It was my last post in this thread on the topic of the ordering process.
@Sativapo ( Daprezz) You misread my post i think, i apologize for nothing other than posting off topic and you mistake the good will of community spirit for fanboism.

(maybe this isn't the right subforum maybe community discussion idk)
I wanted to take this discussion out of the lotus thread as I consider it can be a constructive discussion.
First of all I want to say I don't think the lotus price is excessive compared to other vapes.
My issue is just that the majority of the active members here have the means to collect this little devices we love and sometimes even buy a backup. Glad if you can It's sometimes the case for me too while I could buy something for my kid instead.
What you don't take into account is when the price is more expensive than advertised or there isn't free shipping as advertised and members say nevermind I'll buy 2 we'll see that later, it's community spirit towards manufacturers and other members that have this means but you put a price pressure on those who don't have the means and wait for a discount to pull the trigger. I don't know if it's community spirit to say " why you're whining" to those who were expecting an advertised discount. I guess community spirit depends on how you see things.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well i think you are not giving those guys even a chance to come up with a statement about the situation, instead you are just are flooding your displeasure . Mistakes happen , give the guys a breather, no need to create a shitstorm, this is what community spirt is all about, giving the benfit of the doubt instead of thinking someone is trying to fuck you over. Just dont order before the situation is solved and go buy something for your kid instead,they are probably two more months of preorder time,I bought two only because i plan to split he order with a friend.

Sativapo

Agree. My postings can be a bit compulsive sometimes. I could take to PM with you but I feel it's an interesting discussion as there is often this tension line in the forum. That is between a marketplace with different players : manufacturers, reviewers out for cash or freebies and the rest of the users. If I'm right the main aim should be to benefit the users while of course encouraging manufacturers that take the users into account.

Sativapo,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
reviewers out for cash or freebies
Haven't seen this species here !

I've been online since before WWW, when it was mostly an academic tool and serious nerd territory and it was all text chat on Bulleting Boards...

I have yet to find anything like a "community" on the internet, instead I have found that the definition of the word "community" now is very open to interpretation! :lol: In general, hiding behind a screen often doesn't bring the community spirit out....
You cannot really have a community with open doors and anonymous members....

Haze Mister,
Reactions: Sativapo

Sativapo

You're right about this. Internet often gets out the worst part of people. At least I find the forum well moderated and the rules ok. It's not dont criticize it's don't flood a thread create a new one which I understand.
There's a lot of freedom of speech and the mods only intervene when someone's is really insulting or something. But that passive aggressive majoritary/consensus/ thought police using irony, is a bit surprising. Especially when people are from different cultures without the same codes..

RitualBasedExtraction

Happiness is of mind, not circumstance.
Haven't seen this species here !

I've been online since before WWW, when it was mostly an academic tool and serious nerd territory and it was all text chat on Bulleting Boards...

I have yet to find anything like a "community" on the internet, instead I have found that the definition of the word "community" now is very open to interpretation! :lol: In general, hiding behind a screen often doesn't bring the community spirit out....
You cannot really have a community with open doors and anonymous members....
I'd argue that these forums serving as a medium for discussion and support of a shared culture would constitute them as a community. Everyone here shares relatively similar interests.

Top Bottom