1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Colorado Dispensary Guidance- hunting live resins

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by FlyingLow, Jun 12, 2019.

1. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

I've been to handfuls of dispensaries in Colorado, what are your favorites and why?

Which dispensaries do you find stand above the rest with regards to the quality and selection of concentrates? Will be hunting primarily for live resin and have historically preferred Viola and Binske... who are your favorite extract artists?

Upcoming trip to Red Rocks at end of month, will be spending time in Denver, Boulder and near the venue.

So stoked!

Likely will start at Smoking Gun and go from there...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    OldNewbie likes this.
  2. hd_rider

hd_rider Well-Known Member

I really like The Green Solution. They have several locations throughout Denver but I usually shop at the store on 3179 S Peoria Ct in Aurora because they are a block away from my job / work. They have a huge selection of every kind of concentrate you can think of including shatter, wax, batter, live resin, live sugar, pie crust, crystals, and more (even live rosin).

They usually have some kind of specials going on and they offer discounts for seniors, veterans, first responders, etc. Not long ago, I picked up a "mix & match" selection of concentrates, getting 8 grams for $99.00.

I highly recommend them.

cpk, HD Springer and OldNewbie like this.
  3. Morty

Morty Well-Zoned Member

4. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

thanks for the links, I don't dig reddit though. I thumbed through the first link or two, but never could stay on there for more than a moment.

I just tend to put more weight into FC'ers personal experience anyway... Do you have any personal favorites?

thank you! Green Solutions just made the short list in Denver! That 8 gram deal is a steal! (though not certain it will be available).

FC'ers- LOCALS - TOURISTS ~ Where do you like to shop?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    OldNewbie likes this.
  5. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

6. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

I like green dot but was not blown away... but haven't tried them in about 12+ months. I'll give em another try

7. 420democrat

420democrat Well-Known Member

I like kind love and green dot

8. started@52

started@52 Well-Known Member

Good Chemistry has 710 Labs and others live rosin for $43/gram. It’s $60-80 anywhere else I have seen it.

420democrat and OldNewbie like this.
  9. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

I hate the fact that I'm pretty good with words and STILL don't know 1/2 of what people mean when they write here sometimes. To clarify, is there a mismatch between the question and the above answer? Or, was everyone just casually writing?

http://www.rosintech.com/live-rosin-vs-live-resin-whats-the-difference-how-to-make-live-rosin/
    http://www.worldofweed.com/shatter-wax-resin-rosin-whats-difference/
    https://hightimes.com/grow/what-is-live-resin/

10. 420democrat

420democrat Well-Known Member

Good chemistry is awesome

11. started@52

I don’t understand? He said concentrates, primarily live resin. I know the difference between resin and rosin, thought he might be interested in a good deal on rosin.

12. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

I made no claim on your understanding. I merely asked if there was a mismatch between the question asked (using the term live resin) and the answer given (using the term live rosin). I then asked if that was because of casual writing [rather than a claim to answer the question].

I apologize if that seemed an attack. I "like"d your post, because it was a sincere effort to help, before responding at all.

started@52 likes this.
  13. started@52

No worries or apology needed, I’m good and hope we’re good. I still believe I answered an actual question in the body of the op’s post, not just casual chatter.

14. hd_rider

@FlyingLow - How was your trip to Denver? Pick up anything good?

15. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

It is coming up!
    Arriving late Thursday afternoon, planning a dispensary visit then a laid back dinner. Explore Denver Friday, catch up with some old friends from college, and one I have not seen in 30 years from a Minnesota summer camp.

Heading to what I can only describe as a house of worship to see WSMFP Friday night. Off to Boulder Saturday morning, spend lunch with family before heading back for another night on School's side.

Back out Sunday...

Got some fire food recommendations on new spots, but cannot speak to any of these from my own experience. Cart Driver, Bar Dough, Beacon, Beast and Bottle, and a few others... not sure how good they are though.

What is your single, quintessential Denver recommendation for the best lunch and dinner? What two meals do you think represent the absolute best food of the city?

16. hd_rider

@FlyingLow - I've only lived in Colorado (near Colorado Springs) for a little over two years. Unfortunately, my only treks to the Denver area have been to Aurora (where I work and TGS dispensary) or to Red Rocks Amphitheater so I know little of the best places to eat.

However, a few coworkers of mine have recommended two places:

Magianno's Little Italy

Romano's Pizzeria

I have been to neither as of yet but I'm told they are very good.

FlyingLow likes this.
  17. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

How were your experiences at RedRocks?

I am looking forward to not having to look over my shoulder for security wooks.

18. Chingas

Chingas Well-Known Member

They don't care at Red Rocks. I have only taken cartridge pens though so far. They make you take your keys/phone/vape out of your pockets and hold them out to your sides before waving a wand over you. I'd maybe leave the Mighty or Splinter Z in the car but I bet a Fury/Ambit etc would be fine. A Saionara TAF on a mod just looks like an ecig and those are everywhere. Just be considerate and blow that vapor up, up and away. It adds to the atmosphere. Those crowds look like they are on fire sometimes.

Good Chem is a great stop for Lazercat/710 Labs live goo. Keep in mind that they are often second pressings, probably why they cost 30-40 bucks less. Those seconds are better than a lot of other stuff though. They have Binske carts too and Viola live resin which runs 30-35 pre tax. GC has a house strain called Ingrid. Sleepy as hell if that's what you seek.

Botanico is well regarded for it's concentrate selection. I believe they have early bird deals too. Lots more options there than GC with competitive pricing too. If all you want is wax I definitely recommend stopping there. You can spend anywhere from $96 for 8g up to $80 for 1g. Ya gots options.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    OldNewbie and FlyingLow like this.
  19. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Thanks for the reviews!
    I've not been to Good Chem before, I will seek out their Ingrid!

THE HUNT IS ABOUT TO BEGIN! Heading out tomorrow.

I have really liked Binske on previous visits. I had their chocolates a few years ago and not long ago tried a bunch of their Live Resin and was very pleased with the product. I've not yet tried their carts, but will give them a try. Viola has consistently put out a great product ever since they launched and I am seeking them via Weedmaps throughout the visit.

I have been hit or miss at Botanico. They have a wide selection and great pricing but haven't loved everything I picked up from them... some of that is likely due to my fault, at least on my on my part because I should have followed my instincts instead of listening to a tender that does not use concentrates and was just showing me what was popular.

cpk likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors