CO2 concentrates

Vaked420

Has anyone tried CO2 extracted concentrates? They supposedly have pretty high terpene content and residual CO2 doesn't worry me nearly as much as residual butane, which I completely avoid by currently only using solventless extracts like rosin or bubble hash.

So anyone have any experience with it?

Vaked420,
Reactions: OldOyler

OldOyler

Fire it again. I can still find the ground.
Peace Vaked!

Yes, and I really like them if they are high quality. I can vape 3g and still have an almost perfectly clean dual quartz coil.

My issue tends to be the price, but I'm grey market. (So like $65/g for disp jars of it that would have run me $45/g, plus I have to get four minimum, blah blah blah.)

I like good rosin better, but now that co2 oil seems to be getting better and not just made with trim, it's equally as desirable (given my local price $100/g - eff that!) as shatter.

Peace and good things!

OldOyler,

KimDracula

I've never had real good CO2 stuff. It can be nice and clean and potent but the terps are always stripped away to the point where having the strain name on the package seems a little silly. Maybe there are higher quality extracts being made that I haven't tried but I tend to stay away from it these days.

OldOyler

I've never had real good CO2 stuff. It can be nice and clean and potent but the terps are always stripped away to the point where having the strain name on the package seems a little silly. Maybe there are higher quality extracts being made that I haven't tried but I tend to stay away from it these days.
Kim,

Yes I am wondering if it is my area - I live in Maryland, and as soon as Penn passed their medical cannabis law as "concentrate only" (no flower to be sold in PA) something changed with the local concentrate supply, lots and lots of unlabeled jars of co2 oil BUT are a single strain written on the top in pen.

Even then the method itself (co2) I guess strips out a lot of terps, but recently (only recently) I haven't gotten any flavors, etc. that didn't actually match the strain. Many of them had only a subtle, quiet version of what the strain is like in flower. The "newer" co2 running around is pricier as well ($65 vs 50 a gram)

And of course KimD...a lot of whether I like something has to do with when I am out or low, so what I CAN get? It always seems reaaaallly awesome. (Just like a strain change after a few weeks of the same kind)

:)

Peace all!

Vaked420

Well it's my 21st birthday and living in Seattle I'm going to hit the closest/best rec shop in town and get a CO2 pen cartridge so we'll see what I think of that. I'll eventually try getting my hands on some shatter so I can try dabbing it, but that will have to wait on the budget :/

As for the terpine content it's interesting that you guys say it doesn't have too much flavor as I thought I read C02 has one of the highest terpine levels

OldOyler

Well it's my 21st birthday and living in Seattle I'm going to hit the closest/best rec shop in town and get a CO2 pen cartridge so we'll see what I think of that. I'll eventually try getting my hands on some shatter so I can try dabbing it, but that will have to wait on the budget :/

As for the terpine content it's interesting that you guys say it doesn't have too much flavor as I thought I read C02 has one of the highest terpine levels
Vaked,

Peace!

Yeah, I am referring to the co2 wax as opposed to co2 "vape oil" cartridges. I think my lingo is..."off". Or I am old. Or both now that I think of it...

I get good flavor in the co2 vaoe oil, just usually seems weak to me and I find it doesn't hit my pain very hard no matter what strain. I will have to have like a 30 minute vape session to "bump" the cannabinoid levels up slowly in my bloodstream.

Nice we are all into variety!

Peace everyone!

Danksta

I recently had some CO2 oil that was actually really good. The stuff you want is the CO2 that has the original terpenes readded. I believe people call it "The Clear". It's a bitch to work with in glass jars. I saw some companies have introduced syringes to make dosing it easier. The taste can be really great and it is very potent. But after a week with the good CO2, I much prefer BHO. I still plan to get some CO2 every now and then though.

Danksta,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Vaked,

Peace!

Yeah, I am referring to the co2 wax as opposed to co2 "vape oil" cartridges. I think my lingo is..."off". Or I am old. Or both now that I think of it...

I get good flavor in the co2 vaoe oil, just usually seems weak to me and I find it doesn't hit my pain very hard no matter what strain. I will have to have like a 30 minute vape session to "bump" the cannabinoid levels up slowly in my bloodstream.

Nice we are all into variety!

Peace everyone!
I have only had c02 wax 3 times so far. 1 was "The Clear" Gorilla Glue. The other two were high CBD strains from Omega Labs about a year ago. I also get c02 oil carts that are supposedly made by the flavrx people. I have to agree completely with you, Old Oyler, about their effectiveness. They kinda suck for high pain high tolerance people. I find c02 processing itself produces an acquired taste. One that at first made them seem more like a medicine or like there was something extra in them and I really was not sure if I was going to like them. Now that I am used to them more I don't really notice this.

I also found the waxes did not have much of a terp flavor, however the oil pens seem to have plenty of flavor so I feel like they add terps back in sometimes.

nosmoking,

KimDracula

I've never tried "The Clear." My primary dispensary produces their own version at a much lower price but I always go for the raw variety and mix it with really terpy BHO nugruns or live resin. It's very potent but not at all tasty to dab alone. I like bumping up the THC % at a discount and mixing that thin sap with thicker stuff can make a very easy dabbing consistency.

OldOyler

I find c02 processing itself produces an acquired taste. One that at first made them seem more like a medicine or like there was something extra in them and I really was not sure if I was going to like them. Now that I am used to them more I don't really notice this.
Peace ns,

I just picked up 4g of what was supposed to be my guy's guy's best co2 dab wax, "House Blend - Premium", at $65/g. Ouch.

But holey smokes - incredibly impressive. Clearly Lemon Haze and...some Dutch sativa. The deep, not too sweet lemon taste first, then towards exhale...some delicious spice, reminds me of Jack Herer or even WW'ish so maybe their house version of those plants.

I only bring this up because I had missed the word "Blend", and then assumed it inferred the addition of terps for flavor or something, but the guy said "No no no, tell him he's going to lose his (ie - OldOyler's) ever-loving mind. It's what the owners vape". He was correct.

:rip:

So maybe at places where folks score their legal labelled stuff there may be some "bud-tendering" going on that you have to ask for / could ask for if co2 wax is their only product. (??)

Time to sit my rig in front of a screen full of Fallout 4...

Peace everyone!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I'm crazy for co2, definitely my preferred but not as accessible as bho and others around these parts...

FlyingLow,
Top Bottom