Chronic upper back pain due to cervical spondylosis.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I've recently been diagnosed with cervical spondylosis. It's a fairly common issue with aging people. I'm 36 so it's a little early onset but my job facilitates that happening. Anyway, I'm going to a chiropractor currently and hoping to start physical therapy as well. I have a prescription for tramadol. I try to limit myself to one pill a day even though I'm allowed 4. Cannabis helps in conjunction with the tramadol but I suspect that my low tolerance is not allowing me to intake enough to help. I may be way off on that. Thing is, I want the pain relief but not all the psychoactive effects. So, this would be something CBD dominant, correct? Unfortunately, I'm in a shitty medical state (Illinois) so I don't qualify for medical and have no way to know what strain I receive. ABV edibles help but I don't create enough to make effective batches very often, haha. Is there any way to make a CBD dominant oil from fresh buds that won't make me way high? Thanks in advance.

killick

But I like it!
Funny - we have similar issues! MM is helping with pain, but what helped the most was cervical RF ablations, which basically kills cervical facet nerves. I'm also doing it on lumbar spine. Mine started at 27, after a(nother) silly accident...

Last edited:

Madcap79

Is that in place of surgery or in conjunction?

Also, after a quick search if found that it's the THC that is anti inflammatory and CBD just counteracts the psychoactive effects. I wish I could get trim or something like that so I could make somewhat affordable edibles.

Also, I have an extruded C6-C7 disc.

Madcap79,

Madcap79

Aww fuck. NEEDLES?! I have a tough time with needles (says the guy with tattoos:shrug:) I've had to give blood recently for various reasons, no fun. I suppose you just feel pressure during the procedure?

The pain is such a weird sensation. It took a bit to convince my doc that it wasn't muscle related. I just want some relief. Sad part is I've only been dealing with it since November of last year and it's already getting old.

Madcap79,
Reactions: grokit

TeeJay1952

I pumped gas for Chrysler. Stick in nozzle, push button for proper amount, go to next truck. I found I could not raise my hand to push button. Doc sent me to neurologist who put me in a soft collar and Soma. That was the year that I don't remember. I had 4 years before retirement so I struggled through. I tried to avoid surgery but what a mistake that was. Neck incision and 4 months sideline and good as new. I can't look left. (turn body instead of head).
14 years retired and other than maintenance dosage (Yee Haw!!!!) no further surgeries or meds.

Madcap79

Thank you for the knowledge. I take fairly low amounts (usually 1 pill a day). I'm trying to use less than that. I have had hives in a few occasions during this time span. Of course I did nothing about it and they go away eventually. I guess should call my doctor about it though. Unfortunately, I need some kind of help with the pain, especially when I'm traveling for work and can't take herbs with me. Maybe it's time I look into making something I can take with me around the country, like my own THC pills or something. I'm rambling....

Madcap79,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Ha I ramble after iv vaped...normally the first vape of the day makes me ramble...

When I was younger and wreckless I would take 2 tramadol, wait an hour, then take one more tramadol and smoke a huge joint...

Felt a little similar to smoking opiates...

Now my body is a temple and I wouldn't do that to myself...now I'm rambling, just vaped....

kellya86,
Reactions: Madcap79

killick

But I like it!
It's needles, but you won't see them, being on top of the table, face down, while the doc does ask the work from the back. Like @TeeJay1952 I couldn't turn my neck to shoulder check while driving. This fixed that, and took the pain away. It's nothing like a tattoo, or a regular injection. Anyways, less meds always wins for me :)

Edit - it also hurts much less than tattoo removal, which doesn't use any needles whatsoever, but really fucking smarts!

Last edited:
killick,
Reactions: Madcap79

Madcap79

Well, I'm going to make some 'no bake' cookies using 6.2g of ABV and .4g of decarbed kief. The cookies have plenty of fatty ingredients. I'll report back on effect. Cheers!

PS- Had chiro this morning. Did some soft tissue work and did a cold laser treatment too. Also, an adjustment. We'll see if that helps.

Top Bottom