Chest burning

deebs

Hey, hoping I can find some help on here for an issue I'm having.

Yesterday I picked up a new Kandypens Gravity and tried to use it with the included quartz coil. I had an old Pearl Seattle brand cartridge that was clogging so I decided to heat and empty it into the quarts coil from the Gravity.

I ran it on the lowest setting which is supposed to be 300 degrees. When I inhaled the vapor burned my chest really bad. It was a fairly short draw, about 5 seconds or so. Hard to explain but it felt like inhaling black pepper or something. Was about a 7/10 pain wise and even made my skin flush temporarily which is concerning.

At this point I'm afraid to ever use it again and I'm trying to figure out what caused it. The vapor didn't feel hot in my mouth which is also interesting.

Dunno if there's something in the oil that isn't compatible with this coil or what. It's a pretty clean oil with no fillers etc. It's runny with a little heat and pretty sticky.

Any help is appreciated, please see the pics for more info.

upload a gif

deebs,

Squiby

I have no idea really... however, I have tried vaping with a few pen models and they were terrible. Hot harsh vapor.

It may be your vaporizer. There are other vaporizers that offer smooth cool vapor with no irritation. Others may come by to offer info on the vaporizer that they favor.

I do three things to ensure no throat or lung irritation. First I use the Vapcap. Second, I use a degumned hemp fiber filter and third I always carb down and mouthpull my vapor (like puffing on a cigar or sucking a thick milkshake through a straw, (pull vapor into your mouth then inhale with fresh air into your lungs) rather than inhaling it straight into my lungs.

I did not have good luck with Candy Pens and they did irritate my lungs, so I suggest you get a different vaporizer. :2c:

Squiby,
Reactions: Prolusio

Prolusio

I've never used Kandy Pens so not sure how harsh they are compared to other pens.. I personally really like the Source line.

You mentioned that you just picked up a new pen and tried using the included quartz coil.. Am I correct that it's still a titanium coil wrapped around a quartz rod in your picture? Did you do a burn in of the coil before using it to ensure any manufacturing oils were removed from the titanium?

Prolusio,
Reactions: Squiby
Top Bottom