Charger issues question (USB Micro)

deadsouthernblake

I'll admit I don't know a lot about the differences with chargers other than the size. LoL But is there any difference in chords far as the charger fitting a device but not be capable of charging a device? I dug out a couple of my old cheap vapes I haven't used in sometime and when trying to charge them up they both would light up but not start charging I tried two different charging bricks and into my computer but no luck. The only other micro USB cable I had didn't do anything when plugged in but I'm pretty sure it already had a short in it. I was going to pick up another one but wanted to make sure that I got the right one.

deadsouthernblake,

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
I dug out a couple of my old cheap vapes I haven't used in sometime
Cheap devices are often cheap because they have low quality batteries and capacitors that do not survive long.

That said, power supplies and the conductors in cables do sometimes break, and a protected charger will shut down if overloaded by too high a charging current for example.

So, if a known good cable (works for some other device) plugged into your known good desktop USB or wall wart power supply does not charge a device, it might be ready for a replacement battery, or a new life as a small doorstop or decorative addition to your growing VAS collection.

Last edited:
fubar,
Reactions: endof3d
Top Bottom