CFS / Fybro - Experimenting...

Elbaceever

Hey All

As a long term CFS / Fybro patient I wanted to start experimenting with the green herb. Bought a Firefly 2 and did some research. However i'm not sure how to find the dosage / strain that's good for me. As I'm tired most of the time my idea would be to get strong sativa's. In the meantime I've tried: Jack Herer, Sour Diesel, Silver Haze. I must say that micro dosing the Jack has given me the best result so far. However I noticed a slight affect on my concentration when the weekend has ended (only smoke in the weekend) + slight depression / social stress. What would be advised in my situation? Keep the dosage low or higher? Start smoking during week days? Test also sativa hybrid's? (heavy indica's give me a very BAD feeling the the day after) Sorry for all the questions :)

Perhaps one last question <:) Can I use the concentrate pad to make the herb chamber smaller? Most of the time I test a strain and move on the next without fully using the herb..

Elbaceever,

cobra505

Defined
So I'm playing Devil's Advocate here. I have mild Fibo, but mostly nuro damage from my hips all the way down to my feet. Unlike you I do very heavy Indica's. I do those because I can't do the Sativa's because I also suffer from Anxiety also. That's why I mentioning this. If you do have any anxiety just be careful with your strain selection, the Sativa's at least in my case that have a content of over 10% get my anxiety going. Just a little FYI, good luck, Cobra505.

cobra505,
Reactions: Ozyzj

Elbaceever

So I'm playing Devil's Advocate here. I have mild Fibo, but mostly nuro damage from my hips all the way down to my feet. Unlike you I do very heavy Indica's. I do those because I can't do the Sativa's because I also suffer from Anxiety also. That's why I mentioning this. If you do have any anxiety just be careful with your strain selection, the Sativa's at least in my case that have a content of over 10% get my anxiety going. Just a little FYI, good luck, Cobra505.

Thx alot Cobra for your feedback. I must say I enjoy vaping indicas more because of the stoned feeling but the day after I am completely worthless :( with Jack herer I didn't had that feeling. However last Sunday I mixed some sativas (sour d, silver haze, Jack herer) and had a very bad come down. Was depressed as hell and was sort of brain dead.. Perhaps I just overdid it.. Also tried gorilla glue a while back. Kick ass high but the next day I was worthless

Elbaceever,
Reactions: C No Ego

rodders83

Fybro runs in my family i have Anxiety/OCD but there is underlying fatigue undiagnosed and somedays i cant even cook for myself i have to choose between chores or food and OCD will say eat fruit from the fridge and do the chores then sleep.

But you know what i found with micro dosing? It wrecks me too i mean literally fatigued for two days the first day of vaping and the second is pure fatigue. And this is with 11 hours of sleep before hand! What i found works is getting out of the micro dosing tolerance zone and the fatigue is less and my body adjusts to Indica this way. I find i can get stoned but not stoned where you literally feel like jelly and have to sleep. I like micro dosing for the $$$ aspect but i really do not like being high for 2 days lol.

If the tolerance thing does not work a break for 2-3 weeks will reset it but when you only vape weekends this is tough. Can you not vape all the time? :)

Last edited:
rodders83,
Reactions: ataxian

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Fybro is chronic inflammation, my mom suffers from it. The best treatment is dietary, so many trigger foods that lead to instant inflammation, though MMJ definitely is a useful component for pain management. Most tend to prefer heavy indicas for pain relief.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: ataxian

rodders83

Did you manage to get her onto MMJ @invertedisdead? Mine showed me her leg a few nights ago and her knee was huge compared to the others yet they will not touch MMJ. Granted there is no MMJ here i could grow and we could all benefit but nope they go right for the opiates.

And after a few hours the same story comes out i feel shakey/weak need my opiate and then sleep. God knows wtf this is doing to her but shes killing herself. Talking to them is like talking to a brick wall they know MMJ is harmless i have educated them all well but just wont give up the opiates. Someone out there is basically a legal drug peddler robbing my parent of whatever years opiates take away. I would guess a long term user must lose 10 years surely?

I am going to maybe this year try to make them a infused cream for the knee, I have said to them i will go to jail if needed. I do not give a fuck about it to be honest because it would be criminal and impossible to lock someone like me or her up if sick. If they do just bag your shit for Canada and dont even bother going to court!

Elbaceever

Fybro is chronic inflammation, my mom suffers from it. The best treatment is dietary, so many trigger foods that lead to instant inflammation, though MMJ definitely is a useful component for pain management. Most tend to prefer heavy indicas for pain relief.

I must say that my fibro is the least of my worries. I have inflammation but can keep it at bay with, LDN (low dose naltrexone) my cfs (chronic fatigue syndrome) however is something else. Tired all day long and barely can work full time. Getting even more tired is not very pleasant for me :) because alcohol is also a bad idea for me I want to find something to relax without having to pay for it the next day..

cobra505

Defined
Granted there is no MMJ here i could grow and we could all benefit but nope they go right for the opiates.
I kind of have no choice when it comes to this. Because I have yet to find a strain that fights my pain and I have to use the heavy Indica/THC they mix with my opiates. But there is a light. I have been able to cut the usage in 1/2 which is a plus in my book.

Talking to them is like talking to a brick wall they know MMJ is harmless i have educated them all well but just wont give up the opiates. Someone out there is basically a legal drug peddler robbing my parent of whatever years opiates take away. I would guess a long term user must lose 10 years surely?
Tell me about it. My hospital is totally non-MMJ. And to make matters worse yes maybe I don't won't the opiates, but at least give me enough to manage my pain, they won't even do that, so the only answer is to be couchlocked all day. I've been using for almost 5 years now, I could go on and on about what they have done to me.

cobra505,
Reactions: rodders83

rodders83

I kind of have no choice when it comes to this. Because I have yet to find a strain that fights my pain and I have to use the heavy Indica/THC they mix with my opiates. But there is a light. I have been able to cut the usage in 1/2 which is a plus in my book.

Tell me about it. My hospital is totally non-MMJ. And to make matters worse yes maybe I don't won't the opiates, but at least give me enough to manage my pain, they won't even do that, so the only answer is to be couchlocked all day. I've been using for almost 5 years now, I could go on and on about what they have done to me.

I can see in extreme pain i had this thought when my back was in so much pain i had to bend back to stop it on the sofa i had myself bent backwards on the sofa edge because it was in so much pain for me flower does nothing for pain for me it is mental.

But i would still rather see someone try a mega oil dose for a bit versus opiates? Do you think it might be something worth while for you man? Basically whacking yourself with THC until you get to the point you wont be fatigued because you are used to it, But would you get serious pain relief? This is why there needs to be studys done like fucking now not in 10 15 years.

Even cutting usage is something beneficial for my mum and you, Because Opiates are harmful but they work because of the Opiod/Cannbinoid system if that is spelled right. These are the two things our bodys are hardwired for and the reason you are using both. You might want to offset the harm caused if you still do need some amount of it though by stopping everything else like Meat and Alcohol you will get the years back you would lose to Opiates.

rodders83,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Did you manage to get her onto MMJ @invertedisdead? Mine showed me her leg a few nights ago and her knee was huge compared to the others yet they will not touch MMJ. Granted there is no MMJ here i could grow and we could all benefit but nope they go right for the opiates.

And after a few hours the same story comes out i feel shakey/weak need my opiate and then sleep. God knows wtf this is doing to her but shes killing herself. Talking to them is like talking to a brick wall they know MMJ is harmless i have educated them all well but just wont give up the opiates. Someone out there is basically a legal drug peddler robbing my parent of whatever years opiates take away. I would guess a long term user must lose 10 years surely?

I am going to maybe this year try to make them a infused cream for the knee, I have said to them i will go to jail if needed. I do not give a fuck about it to be honest because it would be criminal and impossible to lock someone like me or her up if sick. If they do just bag your shit for Canada and dont even bother going to court!

She does use MMJ for pain relief and has long been a fan so it was no issue, however HER mother (my grandmother) has significantly more problems, many of which could benefit from MMJ but she's very close minded and biased from growing up in prohibition era, thinks all the states which have passed medical and recreational programs are a fluke. All you can do is plant seeds and drop knowledge and try to inform others when you have the opportunity.

And MMJ infused topicals and salves are great!

invertedisdead,

cobra505

Defined
But i would still rather see someone try a mega oil dose for a bit versus opiates? Do you think it might be something worth while for you man?
My Docs have me on Cymbalta also. It's a depression med buts its side effects are also pain relief & helps with sleep. So get this guys. The only pain relief I get everyday is for about 1 hour. I take the 90 mg of Cymbalta along with the opioids oh yeah can't forget the 2mg of lorazepam get whacked on the best THC I can find and for about an hour if I really fight the urge to sleep I might get about 80% of my pain gone. And then I have to sleep on my stomach all night long, been like that for years now.

cobra505,

C No Ego

Thx alot Cobra for your feedback. I must say I enjoy vaping indicas more because of the stoned feeling but the day after I am completely worthless :( with Jack herer I didn't had that feeling. However last Sunday I mixed some sativas (sour d, silver haze, Jack herer) and had a very bad come down. Was depressed as hell and was sort of brain dead.. Perhaps I just overdid it.. Also tried gorilla glue a while back. Kick ass high but the next day I was worthless

what you want to research is cannabimimetics... if used correctly, for example( black peppercorns) you can tailor your metabolism to come down cleanly and slowly... basically the opposite of sugar and coffee with the high and then the sudden crash...

your metabolism determines how the cannabinoids effect you next day and adding cannabimimetics to your regimen can aid your experience...

omega three is another important fatty acid because your endocannabinoid system (ECS) relies on omega three where the arachodonic acid gets formed into usable endocannabinoids for your ECS and (FAAH) fatty acid amide hydrolase is more constant throughout the experience... if you do it correctly you can adjust to more metabolic stabalization for your ECS.. Good Luck

edit.... want to mention it could be strain related too, I had a strain one time that felt like a full body punch afterwards and I was extremely tired etc.... not sure the strain but it was a knockout strain.. have not had any like that since though

Last edited:
C No Ego,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have arthritis throughout my body. Some doctors have labeled it fibromyalgia. i live in a legal state now but until 2012 we just had legal medical cannabis. When I stopped buying from the black market I was able to keep track of the different strains that worked well for me. I crossed off strains that I didn't like the taste or the side effects. I dislike White Widow, great effects but I don't like the vapor taste. I've tried different batches that were grown, still didn't like the taste.

I lean more towards Indicas and Indica hybrids. I do use some Sativa dominate hybrids but not straight Sativas, it depends on what works for you. The vapor taste is important to me.

It comes down to how the cannabis was grown and cured as to the quality and effects.

I have some high CBD RSO I'm going to try out to see how my body reacts to that. I will go very slow. I will start out with a size of a half a grain of rice and go from there.

Having chronic pain is exhausting. I see you have CFS as well. I have days where I have a lot of energy and other days where I need a nap around 3:30 or 4:00. I will sleep an hour and a half most of the time. I am 60 years old so age probably is a consideration.

With a dibilitating illness probably the less smoking the better. Organic cannabis can be hard to get in some areas and you don't know if it's truly organic, but it's better for medical patients.

Last edited:

Waldorulez

I like smoking sativa but not vaping them I get shaky an panicky I like vaping regy but not smoking it I like smoking Cbd weed but not vaping it indicas are ok to Vape but kush has to be on fire for me I use less weed vaping sum times. Feel like I'm sum how quitting weed when I Vape cuz I dnt need it as often pain only goes away when smoking it an relax an panic sets in vaping I can't enjoy the high am I wasting my weed vaping it. Edibles give me the giggles when I eat 600 mg of them at once an help my pain sum times but more laughs

Last edited:
Waldorulez,
Reactions: CarolKing

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I must say that my fibro is the least of my worries. I have inflammation but can keep it at bay with, LDN (low dose naltrexone) my cfs (chronic fatigue syndrome) however is something else. Tired all day long and barely can work full time. Getting even more tired is not very pleasant for me :) because alcohol is also a bad idea for me I want to find something to relax without having to pay for it the next day..
CANNABIS is safer than MILK?

I have a FIBRO memeber of the family.

The best strains so far:

JACK FROST
GAME CHANGER

these 2 out of 20?

Just a funky deal?

With ATAXIA (SCA): GSC (no risk) too weak for FIBRO?

LUKE SKY WALKER
GRAMAW'S COOKIES
GDP, PARIS OG, MOST KUSHES seem to work as well. (sleepwise)

FIBRO? (this one is hard!)

Elbaceever

what you want to research is cannabimimetics... if used correctly, for example( black peppercorns) you can tailor your metabolism to come down cleanly and slowly... basically the opposite of sugar and coffee with the high and then the sudden crash...

your metabolism determines how the cannabinoids effect you next day and adding cannabimimetics to your regimen can aid your experience...

omega three is another important fatty acid because your endocannabinoid system (ECS) relies on omega three where the arachodonic acid gets formed into usable endocannabinoids for your ECS and (FAAH) fatty acid amide hydrolase is more constant throughout the experience... if you do it correctly you can adjust to more metabolic stabalization for your ECS.. Good Luck

edit.... want to mention it could be strain related too, I had a strain one time that felt like a full body punch afterwards and I was extremely tired etc.... not sure the strain but it was a knockout strain.. have not had any like that since though

Thx for the info! Yet i'm a bit confused how to interpret this info. Does this mean that certain foods can make the come down / hangover a bit more more easy?

Elbaceever,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

Thx for the info! Yet i'm a bit confused how to interpret this info. Does this mean that certain foods can make the come down / hangover a bit more more easy?

Gladly, yes, adding the omega three will give you better over all metabolism to assimilate the cannabis compounds... omega fats are what endocannabinoids ( endogenously created cannabinoids) are synthesized from in the form of arachodonic acid...
adding cannabimimetics (mango/ black pepper) too acts as a periphery adjustment because of the pre-cursor capability of directing thc/cbd that is derived from the mimetics. think of them as buffers of metabolism

Top Bottom