CBD tinctures. Dosage question.

PeteyS

Hello guys and gals, I have a question regarding dosage amounts for CBD.
Last year i received my medical card for cannabis use. I got the prescription mainly for the use of CBD tinctures, and flower to deal with anxiety issues.
I asked my doctor about dosage amounts, and it was clear he didn't really know, as he gave me the typical answer, "go slow until you reach your desired effects"
I would like a more standard answer, like on the back of a advil bottle, it will tell you exactly how much to take depending on age, but i realize canabis isn't at this point yet.

Sounds easy enough, so i landed on 35mg as my dosage, 1-4 times a day, depending on what i need to accomplish that day.
Now im thinking if I could be getting better results by upping my dosage.
But first i would like to get some responses from people who do take more cbd then me, and how it affects them, and also, what they are taking the CBD for?

Thanks, all.

Pete.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
The trouble with cannabinoids is we're all very different! It really is a case of suck it and see. It's just part of the wonderful world of terpenes and flavonoids and all the other constituents of a natural product. It's not like a pill that's put together in a lab and is totally repeatable and predictable.

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
I have 25 mg cbd oil twice a day, and use dry herb (varied cbd/thc ratios - always higher cbd, except maybe at night) on-demand throughout the day, for combined type ADHD and co-morbid anxiety.

WisePenny,

PeteyS

Thanks for the responses.
The weekends are when I usually use THC flower, but this weekend Im planning on going with THC tinctures only.
I attempted this before(Trying to stop inhlation of cannabis), but it didn't really catch on for me, as the onset took too long, and the "high" was so gradual. Combined with flower, I was in another world however.
At the moment I have both indica and hybrid tinctures, but find they both make me sleepy(not good during the day), is this typical for all cbd tinctures?

PeteyS,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
The CBD oil I use is made from a sativa strain, so it usually gives me a bit of energy along with a calm focus. It may be subjective, but I'd say that it is dependent on the source flower - just as with smoking or vaping...specific effects are strain-dependent.

WisePenny,

PeteyS

Good to hear, thanks. Ill try to source out a sativa derived CBD oil.
The thing is, at my LP, I don't recall ever seeing a CBD oil from sativa.
What brand are you using?

PeteyS,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Mine is Aphria's CBD oil - I use either the 50:2 or 25:1 oil.
My understanding is that they use their Tremblant/Treasure Island strain to make it.

WisePenny,

PeteyS

Awesome, ill look out for it. Ive tried the treasure island flower before, and liked it.

Im in canada, where we are a cannabis legal country. For flower we are in a good place, however tincutures just started catching on not too long ago, so selection and potency is still highly regulated.
For example edibles can only have 10mg per package here. So if you want 100 mg, you have to buy 10 packages of edibles. Tinctures are limited to 30 mg per 1/ml. Its ridiculous how far behind california we are, as from what i understand, you can buy 1000mg products down there.

PeteyS,
Top Bottom