Cannapatch / Cannaplast

Monsoon

Making a cannapatch is a great way to eek a bit more out of your bud, especially considering most throw out the cooked bud/avb after extraction. It will probably work with butter too but it's better if you use coconut or olive oil.

I haven't tried making one yet, but plan to with my next batch. Below are instructions I found online with the source link below.

Method

We prefer to use the saved cheesecloth bags of strained leaf from our Olive/Grape seed Oil (not Butter) preparations to make Cannapatches.
Simply take a 1' by 2' length of cheesecloth and lay it before you. Add a as much oiled strained leaf as will make a square slightly off center Make the first fold (fold end closest to herb over to cover) Add a patch of wax paper Make the second fold (top and bottom) Tape the ends Fold the longer side over Turn over the patch making a square Tape up remaining edges (tape over the wax paper side) Press it flat with a rolling pin Store in bags and Refrigerate

Application

Rub some cannabis massage oil on skin the first. Tape a Cannapatch directly over affected area. (If the skin is broken, cover with a sterile gauze). Cannapatch may be used several times if it is not applied to infection or directly onto bleeding.

Cannapatches are an excellent muscle relaxant, provides superior pain relief, and stops bruising and migraine headaches.

To heal broken bones, keep a Cannapatch in place for 10 days to 3 weeks (changing every couple of days).

Apply directly to insect stings and bites, varicose veins, sore joints and muscles. Relieves arthritic inflammation and rheumatic pains.
May be used to pull infections (including sties), insect bites and stings. Cannapatch may also be used to relieve sore, inflamed eyes as well as pinkeye.

Warm and place Cannapatch on upset or cramping stomachs, irritable bowels, or menstrual complaints. Cannapatch may be used to treat 1st degree burns and chemical burns not requiring medical attention.
May be used with your regular pain medication.

Source:
http://www.cbc-canada.ca/recipes/cannapatch

How To Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9IS9cQ5Zhs

Monsoon,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
neat. i've done poultices before, and they are very effective, nice and soothing. but never with cannabis.

I never knew it would draw out infection.

another one for the herbal medicine bag.

herbgirl,

Monsoon

herbgirl said:
neat. i've done poultices before, and they are very effective, nice and soothing. but never with cannabis.

I never knew it would draw out infection.

another one for the herbal medicine bag.

The skin benefits are really interesting. I've used cannabis infused coconut oil directly on my skin and I've seen scrapes/scars heal faster than coconut oil alone. Haven't tried it for pain or serious injury yet. There's some anecdotal evidence that it might help cure skin cancer when applied directly. Anyway since I don't want to allocate much to skin products, this is a decent alternative.

Monsoon,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
coconut oil infused with cannabis as a topical. very cool. i can see adding a few drops of lavender and tea tree oil to that mix.
herbal neosporin if you will.
anti fungal, antibacterial and analgesic.

herbgirl,
rick simpson cured his skin cancer with strong extract using naptha & pound of bud for a 2 or 3 ounce black tar extract Watch the documentary Run From The Cure to understand more about using cannabis as a cure for cancer and other medical problems on utub http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw or gu http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7331006790306000271 & this is amsterdams nu marijuana refugee rick simpson's Phoenix Tears - Promoting Hemp Oil as a natural healing agent :cool: Once the public becomes aware of the fact that properly made hemp medicine can cure or control practically any medical condition http://www.phoenixtears.ca/

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

Monsoon

There's no reason that a strong oil or alcohol extract can't be as effective as using naptha or some other toxic solvent. It's just a matter as making sure the concentration (especially for skin) or dosage is properly calculated.

I'll probably make a cannapatch tomorrow and post a picture of it. I don't have a need to use it right now so it might be awhile until I can comment on it's effectiveness.

As for using skin oil, you can turn it into an ointment by adding beewax and whatever else you want to it.

Monsoon,
o of course thats just what i think rick simpson said he used in video, he boils it off. i didn't know it was toxic so i guess the safest to use is the %95 grain alc ? i read about the 4 day freezer extract, want tu try, dunno how extractin 4 days in freezer rather than cool dark cupboard can make much better

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

Monsoon

hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
o of course thats just what i think rick simpson said he used in video, he boils it off. i didn't know it was toxic so i guess the safest to use is the %95 grain alc ? i read about the 4 day freezer extract, want tu try, dunno how extractin 4 days in freezer rather than cool dark cupboard can make much better

The best solvents for cannabinoid extraction are all toxic if consumed. I honestly believe that unless you're experienced with working with chemicals it's best avoid using non food safe products. You'll negate the benefits if there are trace amounts left in the end and I see no reason why the extraction can't be done using oil or food grade ethanol. High proof alcohol can also be boiled down to about the same consistency of Rick's oil, albeit with more unwanted plant material in the extract like chlorophyll.

Monsoon,
monsoon thcx one wuv chlorophyll wheatgrass its all gud, if i can get alc extract down that thick prolly less than half teaspoon magic carpet ride thc dose yum :o

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,
Top Bottom