Cannaoil vs. Ethanol ABV extraction

Tee H. See

Hey all, this is my first post here and I'm glad to find a community that is so like-minded in my consumption of the herb (almost all of my friends stick to combustion :mad:)

Anyways, my question is this. I just read all of your wonderful ABV cannaoil and cannabutter threads and extracting the remaining cannabinoids through fat, but the other day I heard that extracting cannabinoids through heated ethanol is a much more efficient and fast process. I have about 20g of once-dank ABV and I was wondering which of the 2 methods is more efficient/easier. I'm underage so I can't really find high% ethanol very easily, but I was wondering if I should wait to get my hands on some high proof alcohol or should I just cook the ABV into some butter or oil? Thanks!

Tee H. See,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Go the alcohol route.

Duff oil and duff butter (in my opinion) is so gross I can't even eat it. Maybe cooked into brownies it's OK but it's pretty easy to just knock back half a shot of tincture.

bluntfaced,

nasti

depends what you want to do with the end result i guess...

but can be used for further processing...

nasti,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
You dont even have to 'cook it in your oil'. This is just an extra step that people like to take to avoid having plant material in their edibles. (Some complain of stomach pain, barbs on the leaves etc) Personally, I just grind my ABV into a powder (coffee grinder) and throw it into the mix that I am making. (Brownies usually)

Another thing you can do is make COCONUT OIL capsules. VERY high in saturated fats (not mono or polys though) and works well this way.

Take a look for the culinary thread. There are LOTS of other options for cooking with your ABV (there is even a candy recipe up there)

I like the swampwater route (ethyl alcohol) as you can drink that and it WILL get you fucked up. Only issue is its MUCH harder to gauge your dosage. 1 shots worth got me and a buddy (almost) too stoned.
With brownies, if im not satisfied with the buzz I can always eat more. :2c:

AGBeer,

nasti

^^ yeah the alcohol route, you can just add it to any beverage to dilute the dosage a bit and control it like the brownies.

the oil method... you can make some tasty treats but needs more work...can we cook dishes with the oil? anyone try making a 4 course meal with the oil?

nasti,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Ive heard of people making cannabutter and basing its use on its potency.

If its good and potent, it goes into an edible that calls for it in the recipe.
If its weaker than you wanted, melted butter tastes awfully good with some dishes (i.e. dipping your crab) etc.

AGBeer,
Top Bottom