Cannabis taught me everything I ever really needed to know...

Vapenstien's Monster

I thought (tongue in cheek) it would be fun to create a list of the good things that experiences with cannabis has taught, I will start with a few that I can think of.

Sharing - It is nice to share, good to share with others and even better when they share with you.

Fractions - 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8

Patients - Sometimes you just have to wait, for "yer guy" , for yer plants, antsy and out is just not a good combo.

Budget - Screw the pizza tonight, I would rather get a bag

Can't judge a book by it's cover - sometimes, looks good, smells good, no buzz,... sometimes looks eh, smells eh, crazy buzz.

Vapenstien's Monster,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Handle with care - If the Bong isnt yours (or is), Handle with extreme care.. nobody likes a broken bong.

Cigarettes - Instead of smoking cigarettes, you could be smoking weed (or vaping :p)

Education - It is important to know the facts of what you're doing so that you can make more informed decisions

Food - Stock up :brow:

HighSti,

Nycdeisel

Metric system, not only weighted measurements like grams and ounces, but decimal points in measurements and mm for GonG as well as CM. Of course I learned those things when younger but now it plays into everyday life.

different lighting(for growing). I have never grown it myself but there was a point where I came close and started to do a lot of reading on the topic.
It also taught me to appreciate the finer things, and/or the smaller things in life.
In contrast, is taught me how to sometimes look at the big picture.

many other things that I just cant put my finger on right now but are probably right in front of me.

Nycdeisel,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Nycdeisel said:
It also taught me to appreciate the finer things, and/or the smaller things in life.
In contrast, is taught me how to sometimes look at the big picture....

I definitely agree with this. A lot of the times when you get stressed or angry about something, and then take a toke, you are able to gain some perspective on things a little more clearly and easily than you would be otherwise. Makes me feel much more zen and at peace and all that during times of turmoil. Whenever I need to make an important decision in life, I think about it for a while, both stoned and straight. My perspective and conclusions are better and more selfless doing it this way. Some people pray on things, i just get vaked. It's all just chemicals in the brain in the end anyhow. :lol:

Weed has also helped me to not be as hateful as i once was in my life. It's helped me to make friends with people outside of my race, nationality, sexual orientation, age group, you name it. It's like the universal lubricant that just helps ppl put aside their difference and not rub eachother the wrong way :lol:

And, closely related to the last one maybe, it teaches respect. Respect is the name of the game when it comes to weed, at least in countries where legality is against it. If there isnt respect there is no flow of weed.

vaping and cooking also are very closely related and getting better at one usually helps you understand the other as well.

steiner666,

OO

Technical Skeptical
steiner666 said:
It's like the universal lubricant that just helps ppl put aside their difference and not rub eachother the wrong way :lol:
i never thought of it that way.

OO,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I feel like it clarifies alot and in a weird way really sobers up my thinking. I can pretty much point to periods in my life when i was NOT using weed as the times in my life when I had made the most stupid fucking mistakes and decisions. No question if i was getting high I would have avoided many problems because I would have seen the writing on the wall plainly and where it was heading and i would have seen the escape route and would have taken it.

Getting high straightens me out.

I feel there is a lot to say in many different areas about this topic, about what MJ does for us.

jeffp,

djonkoman

to drink water, never really liked drinking water(except on summerevenings or when I'm really thirsty), but now with cottonmouth I discovered water is actually quite delicious

djonkoman,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
You really know who your friends are; not because they'll give you weed when you're out (that doesn't happen), but because you'll give them weed when they're out. It also teaches me that uptight is a state of mind, something that can be easily dealt with.

Tom

tdavie,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
definitely agree about water.....oranges as well.
cannabis helped get me off cigarettes, it clarified my recognition that ecigs are cleaner and more enjoyable so the transition was effortless.
also aesthetically it brought me to a level of keen appreciation for lounge pants and pajama tops.

jeffp,

Raf007

Retailer
It also helped me to open to the others.
Taught me what Max means when he says relax.
Made me listen to some find reggea tunes.
Helped me to get better grades during highschool and uni.
Helped me to appreciate life and seize and grasp a piece of it.
Taught me respect, but that alas there can be a flow of weed without respect.
Taught me that most of the time a good friend or a stranger will hook me up when I am out.
Helps me when I'm bored at work.

And the list continues...

Raf007,

Theo

tdavie said:
You really know who your friends are; not because they'll give you weed when you're out (that doesn't happen), but because you'll give them weed when they're out. It also teaches me that uptight is a state of mind, something that can be easily dealt with.

Tom

I have to say that I know I personally will always give bud to good friends of mine for free if they're out and broke, or just need a bit to tie them over for a bit. In turn I would hope they would return the favor, luckily I haven't been out in a very long time but we'll see when it comes to it :)

I definitely have opened up a lot more as a person to others and have become a lot more accepting of people.
As others have said it can mellow you out when you're uptight or wound up and will allow you to relax and look at the situation differently or just yourself down.
(almost)Everything is more fun while high!

And there are definitely A LOT more but these are just a few that came off the top of my head :)

Theo,
Top Bottom