Canadian Vets might loose some access to cannabis?

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-on-cons-in-medical-marijuana-discussion.html

First off I can't believe our Canadian government last year spent $20 million dollars on pot for vets. I think its a great thing though that the military's healthcare plan pays for cannabis for vets, but I just can't believe how much cannabis our vets smoke. :) No wonder they want to cut back when the previous year it was only $5 million, but likely because the program was new and there were much fewer participants.

Anyway, joking aside, I was wondering how any of out vets feel about this and any possibility of reduced access to their government funded cannabis?

mikek9,
Reactions: killick

killick

But I like it!
VAC covers up to 10 grams per day, and requires special authorization for more. I was in Ottawa a few months ago, presenting as a beneficiary of the program. Kent Hehr was there, but none of VACs medical staff attended. Another waste of cash by the current government.

There are a of vets discussing what to do, but in reality it's difficult to respond to something the government hasn't announced yet. I have a funny feeling a lot of guys are working on a Plan B and Plan C. Or maybe a Plan 9.

killick,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
So now it looks like Veterans Affairs Canada is only going to cover up to 3 grams a day with a maximum price of $8.50/gram. Apparently the 3 gram limit is flexible as with a doctor's strongly worded letter it is possible to get special consideration for increased funding for a higher grams/day count. However, the $8.50/gram cap still applies. I assume you can still order any strain you like, but you would be responsible for the difference in price.

Krazy

How about they compare that to the cost of treating the same guys with a dozen toxic prescriptions at the same time?

Top Bottom