Canadian border with vapes?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I guess I am pretty naive. But with it being legal in Canada, I was looking forward to bringing my best vapes (cleaned) on vacation in order to sample what Canada has to offer. I understand that vape-wise we are talking buds and hashish in the government stores.

I wanted to check because most of my research involved older articles and posts, but I'm hearing it is not wise to try and bring a used vape across the border, for fear of them detecting residue which could lead to legal issues?

I was thinking of bringing an unused vape and leaving it there, but read that even an unused packaged vaporizer could still piss them off and they turn you away from entering the country?

Does anyone have knowledge on how the border patrol operates with this? Thanks. I apologize for not mentioning what area of Canada.

BabyFacedFinster,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Are you flying or driving? I drive in to Canada often and I have never had anyone look in my vehicle or do more than ask questions. Driving back into the US is typically more annoying but I have not had to open my trunk or luggage ever.

I travel back and forth somewhat frequently and the only time I have ever had them look was bringing back groceries from Trader Joes. I get even less travelling to the US but I never bring food items. The only people that are likely to see it are the airport security screeners and cannabis residue is not what they are looking for.

fangorn

@BabyFacedFinster

hey @

I crossed the border 2-3 times by plane and I traveled 2-3 times "the flagpole" between Canada and the United States by car...

clearly the American customs officers joke less than the Canadians...

I have never had a search but I have seen cars being emptied at the border.

I want to say that it's the lottery.... but that you risk nothing with vaporizers, if they are cleaned a minimum...

finally...I'm in Quebec...I don't know where you're going in Canada...but I hope it's not in Quebec...because they have nothing interesting to offer you vouchers in government stores.

I order from British Columbia for my part...

good preparation for your stay!

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
My little getaway is in Canada, Newfoundland specifically. I drive up and back a couple of times a year through New Brunswick and Nova Scotia where I stock up at the provincial cannabis stores in those two provinces for my several months stays at my remote place at the northern tip of Newfoundland. (The western Newfoundland pot stores don't have nearly the variety or product freshness of those two provinces.) Since Canada and Mass legalized, I now always bring my cleaned vapes, two biggish bongs, and a fairly large box of other drug paraphernalia back and forth across the border(Maine/New Brunswick). Over twenty-five years and probably over a hundred border crossings, I've been searched twice--both times I was carrying, scared shitless, but they didn't find anything. I haven't been searched once since legalization. They sometimes ask about cannabis products, along with guns, tobacco, and alcohol, but never about equipment. I've been told that they don't care and wouldn't do anything if they found any equipment, cleaned or fouled. Particularly going from a legal state to Canada and back, I wouldn't worry one iota.

As someone who's been doing dope for over fifty years and who has a fairly high tolerance, I consider myself an "experienced" sophisticated user who likes the highest quality/highest thc stuff. I've been buying superlative weed and concentrates in Mass and Maine since they legalized. At least in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia the availability of simply outstanding products in government operated stores will satisfy any need. Nova Scotia seems to have particularly outstanding local growers. I've never purchased better weed or concentrates anywhere. If you're headed up that way I'm happy to suggest a couple of brands and products that are the finest I've ever had.

PS: I usually cross the border in Calais Maine/St. Stephen, NB. I love that the NB government has seen fit to open a big outlet with several hundred different cannabis products right at the first exit after you cross the border. Both NB and NS government cannabis stores have web sites where you can puruse their wares in advance of travel. I usually go in with a researched list to save time.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks guys for your help. If I ever head to those areas I'll give you a shout out. I was planning on giving my TM2 a good cleaning along with cleaning all my glass stems. I'd really like to have a good device with me to try out what they have. :peace:

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: fangorn
Top Bottom