Can someone please help a confused sister out with Vapir Air 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo

Combustion free since '09
So I'm trying to convert to vaping and this forum has been so freaking helpful! I'm waiting on my PD which I learned about here :) I got my Iolite for portability which I also learned about here. I gave up cigs for e-cigs and now trying to give up smoking for vaping instead! Been a heavy smoker and smoking both for 25+ years on a daily basis.

So, I have an old Vapir Air 2 Corded thing that I bought, tried and never gave a 2nd thought until I started reading this forum. Since I have pulled it out and been trying to use until my PD arrives. I still think it might be a POS - I planned to retire it once PD arrives... Anyone use this thing??

My problem is that I am unsure of what temperature I should be actually setting the Vapir on. It comes preset to 250F and I read that the Iolite was at 375F. I've played with going up slightly and then I tried cranking the Vapir up to 375 and it combutsted :( What temp should I set the darn thing at??

I have read and searched the forum but every time I search for temp or questions I think of it comes up with threads that are oodles of pages long and I never seem to find the answer.

The iolite works well but man that mouthpiece gets too hot, thankfully I was able to cut tube from vapir to add to mouthpiece. I think it is the coolest little new toy I've gotten in awhile!

I need to learn a bit more but I'm ready!!! Thanks in advance! I'm really excited about giving up combustion for good :D

So, anyone know what temp the vapir air should be on?? Any other tips for that unit or the iolite also appreciated. I am a confused blonde but not a dumb blonde ;) Thanks tons for your help!!!!

I feel way better already as I'm vaping 99% of the time now and if I can evolve to vaping completely I'd be a happy camper! Thanks in advance :peace:

Lo,

max

Out to lunch
Here's some info on temps - http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy1.html

It's not a good idea to trust digital displays to provide an accurate temp, especially on an inexpensive model. Start your temp at the low end and raise it until you start to get vapor. Find the high end as well. There you'll get harsh vapor and your remains will be very dark brown to black. Your good vapor range will be somewhere in the middle of those two extremes. Use whatever number is on the display as a reference point.

Welcome to vaporizing and the forum. You'll find some good info here. Wade in on some threads and do some reading. :)

max,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Thanks Max! The article was a great reference. I'll experiment more this afternoon, had to give my screen basket a wash/soak since the combustion incident.

I've been wading the threads for a few weeks now...my new hobby is reading the threads trying to learn more. Lots of great info here though the place is huge so I may be here awhile :) Something to do while waiting for the PD to arrive...

Lo,

max

Out to lunch
Excellent choice on the PD lo. As long as you're doing your homework on the threads, feel free to ask any questions. ;)

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lo said:
Thanks Max! The article was a great reference. I'll experiment more this afternoon, had to give my screen basket a wash/soak since the combustion incident.

I've been wading the threads for a few weeks now...my new hobby is reading the threads trying to learn more. Lots of great info here though the place is huge so I may be here awhile :) Something to do while waiting for the PD to arrive...
Hi lo, you're going to love your PD, aside from it being a superb vaporizer, there's no bothering with guess work regarding temperature settings.
I com-bust occasionally but much prefer vaporizing - the main reason for the combustion is if I'm outside, if need be, swallowing a joint is doable, whereas swallowing a vaporizer may be problematic and/or a health issue.
That said, it's a lot of fun walking around listening to Ozric Tentacles watching the world go by...

jeffp,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom