Can lavender get too old?

mAti

Hi,
I bought some lavender today in a pharmacy. It is packed in 1g tea bags (air- and light-tight), but the expiration date is September 2015. Can I use it longer for vaping?
Will the aroma get lost, or is it unhealthy to vape older herbs?

I ask because I bought 20g, which should last a very long time and I didn't get a receipt for it. So I can't bring it back and get a newer package. :(

mAti,

phooka

Check your local Whole Foods store. They usually have organic bulk loose teas. You fill your own bags. It's where I get my lavender and chamomile. Treat dried lavender like you would any other herb, the fresher the better for maximum benefit.

phooka,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi,
I bought some lavender today in a pharmacy. It is packed in 1g tea bags (air- and light-tight), but the expiration date is September 2015. Can I use it longer for vaping?
Will the aroma get lost, or is it unhealthy to vape older herbs?

I ask because I bought 20g, which should last a very long time and I didn't get a receipt for it. So I can't bring it back and get a newer package. :(
Lavender, like any herb, will lose it's potency over time. Exposure to air and light will hasten the process. And if it gets too moist, molds can start to grow.

However, if your lavender was sealed, it should be fine. And I wouldn't be overly concerned about the expiration date. :2c:

mAti

I read something about lavender could be toxic or at least unhealthy if you vape it too often or eat some oil. Can someone confirm this?
I tried it out yesterday, one trench in the afternoon and one before going to sleep. The taste was really strong, a little bit too strong for me and I noticed only a very weak relaxation or maybe it's a placebo effect. However I will try it a few times again, and if I won't get any effect I will stop vaping lavender.

Peppermint is recommendable, it tastes very good and is a good alternative for smoking cigarettes (because the effects are comparable).

mAti,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Top Bottom