Can I use powdered milk in recipes with cannabis?

Can I use powdered milk in recipes with cannabis?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

pacogollo

Hi there, I'm curious about using powdered milk in my cannabis recipes. Specifically, I'm wondering if it's okay to substitute regular milk since I've heard that Powdered milk does not dissolve cannabinoids well. Would have any negative effects? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!"

shredder

Hi there, I'm curious about using powdered milk in my cannabis recipes. Specifically, I'm wondering if it's okay to substitute regular milk since I've heard that Powdered milk does not dissolve cannabinoids well. Would have any negative effects? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!"

Cannabis oil disolves best in another oil or butter.

It may temporarily mix with liquid milk if you use an emulsifier like lecithin. Eventually it will separate though. Hopefully your items will be cooked and solidified before that.

To mix with powdered milk I'd still use lecithin and hydrate with an oil or butter if possible.

Another option is to make a mct oil infusion and dose with it, to already made edibles.

badbee

I can't see why not, but haven't tried it. Keep in mind it's the fat you are after, so powdered whole milk should work. Don't use low fat.

pacogollo

I can't see why not, but haven't tried it. Keep in mind it's the fat you are after, so powdered whole milk should work. Don't use low fat.
I have read that powdered milk has lower fat content compared to liquid milk, but I will try it anyway. Wish me luck, I will use it in cookies.

pacogollo,
Reactions: shredder

GoldenBud

I have read that powdered milk has lower fat content compared to liquid milk, but I will try it anyway. Wish me luck, I will use it in cookies.
that's impossible IMHO. Liquid milk contains ~88% of water. powdered milk has no water, hence must contain more fat inside of it.

GoldenBud,

shredder

Does your recipe have an oil or butter as an ingredient?

If so just mix your cannabis oil with it and proceed as with a regular recipe.

shredder,

pacogollo

that's impossible IMHO. Liquid milk contains ~88% of water. powdered milk has no water, hence must contain more fat inside of it.

Yes, I have read that powdered milk made in Europe is produced using the atomization method, which results in some loss of fat.

pacogollo,

pacogollo

Does your recipe have an oil or butter as an ingredient?

If so just mix your cannabis oil with it and proceed as with a regular recipe.
Yes, I'm going to use butter too, but very little of it. I suppose it will be easier to mix the marijuana with it even if it's more concentrated.

pacogollo,
Reactions: shredder
Top Bottom