Can I mix strains when making a lotion?

Mookie0608

hey guys I’m going to be making up some cannabis infused coco butter cream, and I was wondering if I can mix different strains? More down the lines of using 2-4 different strains in 1 lotion. I believe when it’s a cream etc there is no psycho active effect if I’m correct. Was also wondering how the strains would interact or help me with pain. I have so much avb one batch for example because I need a minimum of a half ounce would be mixing blueberry kush, sour og, shark shock, and purple romulan all in 8ths.

Another combo I was going to try was black water, lemon skunk, possibly sour banana sherbet, and shark shock as well.

3rd batch strictly purple urkle since I have a half ounce of it.

And the 4th pineapple shock mixed with shark shock

Shark shock is pure cbd and figured doing it like this I will keep the thc content about even. The blueberry kush has about the same thc content as the others I listed the blackwater is in the 20s along with the others as well. Plus mixing the cbd in there as well.

Figured I would try a handful of combinations to see what works the best or what the combinations may help the most. May even make up some gummies nkt sure yet if I do I believe there only 2 mg doses that can be cut in half. Figured it would be perfect since I never had an edible before.

I had my mind set on strictly infused coco butter lotion since it seemed like it could be one of the better ones for pain and well I really want to try it out to see if it helps or to mix things up.

Mookie0608,

sickmanfraud

First,

You can mix as many strains as you like into a lotion. If the cannabis is activated, there can be psychoactive compounds absorbed by the skin.

I would suggest using coconut oil to "cook" your avb and then, after straining out the AVB add coco butter and bee's wax to thicken things up.

sickmanfraud,

Mookie0608

I already de carbed using the ardent decarboxilator.

Wait it’s still still psychoactive? So I can still get Hugh off my ass?

Mookie0608,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
How exactly are you making it? I am a medical cannabis patient, and have access to THC distillate syringes. I made my own topical using a whole THC syringe, and some organic coconut oil. I just mixed the two together in a small container. Topicals won’t get you high.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-are-cannabis-topicals

Cannabis-infused lotions, salves, oils, sprays, and other transdermal methods of relief work by binding to a network of receptors called CB2. These CB2 receptors are found throughout the body and are activated either by the body’s naturally-occurring endocannabinoids or by cannabis compounds known as “phytocannabinoids” (e.g., THC, CBD).

Even if a topical contains active THC, it still won’t induce that intense “high” you’d get from smoking or ingesting cannabis. With most topicals, cannabinoids can’t breach the bloodstream; they only penetrate to the system of CB2 receptors. Transdermal patches, however, do deliver cannabinoids to the bloodstream and could have psychoactive effects with a high enough THC content.

Vicki,

Mookie0608

Gotcha the last dude made it sound like it still was psychoactive but could have misunderstood them.

Magical butter machine recipe

Infused coconut oil then

The infused coconut oil
Lecithin
Raw coco butter
Plane lotion base

Heard people say it’s more of a liquid when you use distilled water so figured I would try the lotion base not sure if I’m going to use “3 vitamin e pills” it don’t even mention the strength and not see if it’s really needed.

Mookie0608,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Gotcha the last dude made it sound like it still was psychoactive but could have misunderstood them.

Magical butter machine recipe

Infused coconut oil then

The infused coconut oil
Lecithin
Raw coco butter
Plane lotion base

Heard people say it’s more of a liquid when you use distilled water so figured I would try the lotion base not sure if I’m going to use “3 vitamin e pills” it don’t even mention the strength and not see if it’s really needed.

Keep it simple. :)

Vicki,

Mookie0608

don’t think this thing is for me. Got me to worked up and aggravated. Think I’ll just stop saving my avb and wait for legal adult edibles and just not even bother with topicals. Might just stick to purple urkel and only vape that. It works so why switch it up

Last edited:
Mookie0608,
Top Bottom