Can DynaVap really match a log vape?

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
I own a log vape, I was lucky enough to be gifted a dynavap that I haven't received yet still on its way, but some people were telling me that the DynaVap will be on par with a plug-in log vape? Anybody have any experience with both of these in could give your input?

On second note anybody have any advice for me I've never used a DynaVap? It's a new M series, I also ordered a BB9 that will be on its way shortly any recommendations though on methods and tips on how to get the best hits?

PutOneInTheAir,
Reactions: whatitdew

Farid

I was a log user for a long time before I switched to the Dynavap. Now I use a Dynavap pretty exclusively.

The Dynavap can match the log from a use case perspective. It's can work as an on demand one hitter, or for short on demand sessions. It is durable as hell. It offers quality vapor every hit.

Where it differs is flavor, vapor density, and combustion risk. A log tends to taste a little terpier, a bit thinner vapor, and I find it easier to combust, since airflow has a great effect on temperature with convection heating. I prefer the hit style of the Dynavap because it allows you to smoke mouth to lung, which isn't really possible with a log. I'll take the slightly inferior flavor for the benefit of a smoother hit on the throat, but I know others prefer a log's hit.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I have a couple of dynavap and a woodscents, which is a log vape that uses a dynavap as a stem.

In terms of efficiency yes, a dynavap can go toe to toe with a log ime. My bud is impressively even and a nice rich tobacco color. I guess if you go less dark that may not hold. However the woodscents gets my bud this visibly even as well, and both could go darker if that’s your thing.

In terms of flavor no, not really. The first hit of the dynavap is good but then it’s gone. I assume most of the terpenes and other chemicals are already vaporized. The woodscents keeps them around throughout the load, even when I don’t just pack a tiny one hit amount. Whether that’s worth the premium is up to you. I will say I think the woodscents was better money spent than on an ih, but a lot of people love their ih. It just doesn’t change the conduction character of the device for me 🤷‍♂️

PutOneInTheAir

I was a log user for a long time before I switched to the Dynavap. Now I use a Dynavap pretty exclusively.

The Dynavap can match the log from a use case perspective. It's can work as an on demand one hitter, or for short on demand sessions. It is durable as hell. It offers quality vapor every hit.

Where it differs is flavor, vapor density, and combustion risk. A log tends to taste a little terpier, a bit thinner vapor, and I find it easier to combust, since airflow has a great effect on temperature with convection heating. I prefer the hit style of the Dynavap because it allows you to smoke mouth to lung, which isn't really possible with a log. I'll take the slightly inferior flavor for the benefit of a smoother hit on the throat, but I know others prefer a log's hit.

What kind of setup are you using on the DV?

This is really good news because I'm looking for a nice portable I have a X MaxV3 pro but it doesn't come close to the log so sounds like the DV would be perfect

PutOneInTheAir,

Farid

I like the titanium tips, with a closed off carb. I use an omnivap, but the M is great as well. Only difference is the stainless tip takes a little longer to heat and holds heat a little longer. Just play around with your heating methods, and how you cover the carb, and I'm sure you'll find a method that suits your style.

gordontreeman

For whatever it’s worth in your purchasing decisions I don’t find it to be the case that a log produces less dense vapor than a dynavap. I had a mobius side car clone from dhgate and have some generic can with a shower head perc. As I said well below maximum operating temp I can whitewall those set ups once or twice before a final clean up wispier hit.

If you want portable though a log probably isn’t it.

I have Dynavap and Woodscents. For me, the Dynavap can compete in terms of efficiency, but the Woodscents has significantly better vapor quality. Flavor is much better and I can get bigger hits more easily. I definitely prefer convection to conduction though, so some of this may be my personal preference. I also prefer the consistent heat/power of a desktop vape vs. a manual torch powered device.

I definitely don't agree that a log carries more combustion risk than a Dynavap. I've combusted a few times with the Dynavap over the years, but I've never combusted with my WS, and I run around 12v pretty much all the time. You have to pay attention to avoid combusting with a Dynavap. Log vapes are set it & forget it.

Dynavap can definitely fill a similar use case as a log, but to me, the Woodscents is far ahead of the Dynavap as an overall device.

PutOneInTheAir

I have a couple of dynavap and a woodscents, which is a log vape that uses a dynavap as a stem.

In terms of efficiency yes, a dynavap can go toe to toe with a log ime. My bud is impressively even and a nice rich tobacco color. I guess if you go less dark that may not hold. However the woodscents gets my bud this visibly even as well, and both could go darker if that’s your thing.

In terms of flavor no, not really. The first hit of the dynavap is good but then it’s gone. I assume most of the terpenes and other chemicals are already vaporized. The woodscents keeps them around throughout the load, even when I don’t just pack a tiny one hit amount. Whether that’s worth the premium is up to you. I will say I think the woodscents was better money spent than on an ih, but a lot of people love their ih. It just doesn’t change the conduction character of the device for me 🤷‍♂️
I could deal with the lack of flavor for portability
I have Dynavap and Woodscents. For me, the Dynavap can compete in terms of efficiency, but the Woodscents has significantly better vapor quality. Flavor is much better and I can get bigger hits more easily. I definitely prefer convection to conduction though, so some of this may be my personal preference. I also prefer the consistent heat/power of a desktop vape vs. a manual torch powered device.

I definitely don't agree that a log carries more combustion risk than a Dynavap. I've combusted a few times with the Dynavap over the years, but I've never combusted with my WS, and I run around 12v pretty much all the time. You have to pay attention to avoid combusting with a Dynavap. Log vapes are set it & forget it.

Dynavap can definitely fill a similar use case as a log, but to me, the Woodscents is far ahead of the Dynavap as an overall device.
I have a e nano And it's really good I never combusted until I actually tried one time but pretty simple and rips.

The DV would be more of a portable thing hoping it would be better than most battery operated

PutOneInTheAir,
Reactions: Farid

gordontreeman

I could deal with the lack of flavor for portability

I have a e nano And it's really good I never combusted until I actually tried one time but pretty simple and rips.

The DV would be more of a portable thing hoping it would be better than most battery operated
Oh yeah, if you already own a log enjoy the dynavap. I agree that cutting some flavor for a durable portable is a worthwhile trade off. Sometimes the dyna is fun to bust out a home anyway, but generally I greatly prefer one of my other vapes.

dallasxus

It can especially if you use an induction heater which will give you a more potent hit than using a torch resulting in an experience similar to log vapes.

dallasxus,

GoldenBud

Logs > DV
(Imho)
the high lasts longer and the taste is better, also less cleaning is needed

Still using my DV Ti tip every day for 1-2 sessions +- (the conduction high is great before bed etc')

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Grass Yes

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Logs are great if you can keep them plugged in all the time.
I have 3 logs ATM but never use them much since I can’t keep my vapes out all the time. Takes too long to fully heat soak.
so I use dynavap with induction heater 95 percent of the time.
once dynavaps start to get dirty it can be a pain, with screen clogging and feel like your sucking a milkshake.
I tend to use my log for later night sessions when I’m chilling. Dynavap when I need to get medicated NOw.

Top Bottom