Can Babies Feel Complex Emotions...??

lwien

I've never seen anything like this. I know babies cry when they are distressed but this baby is obviously not crying at all, but rather has tears welling up from pure emotion from a song being sung by her mother. Joyful tears? ...........At 10 months old?

lwien,
Reactions: Seren

gangababa

I've never seen anything like this. I know babies cry when they are distressed but this baby is obviously not crying at all, but rather has tears welling up from pure emotion from a song being sung by her mother. Joyful tears? ...........At 10 months old?

Only the body is ten months old.
That "I am" seen here inside the eyes of a baby body, is exactly and wholly the same "I am" that will be in the adult body three decades hence. That internal still-witness-center-of-being observes (so to speak) the changes around.

A baby lacks nothing except a collection of experiences and named memories that will some day be misidentified as the "I am".

And who is to say, or prove, that the new born "I am" doesn't arrive already with a bag of impressions from previous emotions, preferences and memories.

gangababa,

lwien

Only the body is ten months old.
That "I am" seen here inside the eyes of a baby body, is exactly and wholly the same "I am" that will be in the adult body three decades hence. That internal still-witness-center-of-being observes (so to speak) the changes around.

A baby lacks nothing except a collection of experiences and named memories that will some day be misidentified as the "I am".

And who is to say, or prove, that the new born "I am" doesn't arrive already with a bag of impressions from previous emotions, preferences and memories.

While I totally understand what you're saying, this is the first time that I've ever actually witnessed this in someone so young and I've witnessed a lot of shit in my 70 years here.

lwien,
Top Bottom