Called out of work... because i want the day off.

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
So I have this new job thats not amazing in terms of pay, but it is definitely an optimal fit for me at the moment. Anyway, I worked all summer without calling out or being late even once, and was even thrown around to cover other peoples shifts who called out as well as worked overtime a few weeks. So today I finally decided to call out of work, because I simply want the day off. Yes its less pay, and a couple people might be pissed about it for a short amount of time, but I just really had the urge to call out today. There's been other days where I seriously consider calling out, but today I followed thru. I dont think this is abnormal is it? I just cant call out again like this for another few months...

And today... Well.. I'm gonna try to find a nice spot outdoors since its cooled off and have a lounge-bake-sesh, for reals. With BOOKS! :nope:

Cereal_MF,

Vapor Junkie

I used to do that when I was younger. It actually became a habit for me and I wound up getting fired from a couple jobs as a result. They were crappy jobs anyway. :rolleyes:

One time I called out on a Saturday morning shift so I could stay home and have friends over to play video games and smoke. I was working at Best Buy at the time, and they did store-wide meetings on one Saturday morning per month... this was the Saturday I called out. As it turned out, they were naming me Employee of the Month during that meeting! Oops!! :lol:

Vapor Junkie,
Reactions: Tamataz

Cereal_MF

That fucking rules dude! Hahahahahaha! (the last part)

I'm still pretty young, and have been a great worker despite my inclinations, so I dont see TOO much harm in this spontaneous act of irresponsibility. It is what it is I guess!

And today will be worth more than I'd make on a day of work. IT will have to be :)

Cereal_MF,

bigtvapes

Nothing wrong with taking a personal day every so often. You need time off. If it's not a habit no one will say anything about it. I never understand people who don't use sick time (unless you get paid back for it, which doesn't happen at any of my jobs)

I used to work in a warehouse and call-outs were just constant. I mean there are obviously those guys who never missed a day, but most of us younger fellas were calling out all the time because there were next to no repercussions. Then ya grow up a little and get more responsible and things like your professional reputation start to matter, but when I was 21 I really didn't give a shit about my job lol.

bigtvapes,
Reactions: Cereal_MF

Tamataz

Icelander
I did this to much because in the morning i had the urge of not going to work. But then when it hit like 11 am i was like shit, i regret not going to work and make $88 dollars that day.

Tamataz,

Cereal_MF

After taxes? Haha for me its like 82 after taxes... but yeah u are right. We work for money, not because we love our jobs.

Cereal_MF,

Cereal_MF

Exactly. Yesterday i just felt like i really needed that unplanned day off... and i got it! Ill just make sure to give em more than a few minutes notice if i ever do that again. Lolol..

Cereal_MF,

Cereal_MF

Yesterday I didnt end up reading, but explored outdoors at a state park with my buddy for a few hours (and blazed there ofcourse), then we went to our other buddies house and played a boardgame called Talisman with 5 of us until midnight, when we cut it short cuz It probably wouldd've lasted for 2 more hours. We blazed there as well.

Definitely a good use of a day off!

Cereal_MF,
Top Bottom