Buying a Computer VIA Bill me later?

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
Hello all :)

So, recently I decided I was going to buy a new desktop! Mainly for gaming, because my laptop isn't designed for gaming and I have all these epic games that lag up constantly :(.

Anyway, I was browsing Tigerdirect, as it is certainly a good place to buy electronics, and I came across a pretty good computer for $800. I do have $800, but I wanted to save up more money so I don't spend all the money I have now :p

Then I was reading that they have this special until the end of January with BillMeLater, which gives you 6 months - no interest.

To me that sounds pretty good! Especially because I could make the amount that I'd like in well below that time-frame, but it almost sounds too good :p. So, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with BillMeLater and if you could give me some guidance ^.^

I know some people have had issues with BillMeLater but as long as I have proof that I paid I should be fine, right? :p

Thanks in advance!

Blackthoven,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I got a tv off of newegg.com and used billmelater with the same 6 months with no interest deal and i had no problems. truth be told, i ended up procrastinating a bit and didnt get it paid off in time to totally avoid interest tho. i cant remember if i ended up only paying interest on the remaining balance or if, after the 6 months is up, you have to pay interest on the whole purchase price (it was like 4 years ago, give me a break! lol). that might be something to check first.

Also, i'm not sure on the specs of the PC, but usually you can build yourself a better one for the same price as a prebuilt one (they have to make a profit somehow right?). I just got done building a really nice gaming rig for my friend last month for less than that with:

core i5 750
asus motherboard (cant remember model)
2x4gb ddr3 1600 ram
fatal1ty 550w psu

my favorite thing about it was the awesome case i picked out:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...146065&cm_re=nzxt_case-_-11-146-065-_-Product

its so well designed and reasonably priced. we got some thermaltake 120mm red LED fans and replaced the stock ones in the top and front of the case with them, and then got a coolmaster 220mm (lol!) red led fan to mount on the side of it. This massive fan is almost inaudible (under 20db) but moves so much air (i think like 110cfm) directly onto the CPU, north/southbridge. I've built and helped people build tons of gaming rigs, and this is by far the best case i've ever built with that was under $100.

the GPU and HDDs he already had from his previous computer, but even if he had to buy new ones i think it would have still came out less than 800.

but yeah, i dont know how much you know about computer hardware, but its really not hard to throw these things together even if you know nothing. Between the manuals and google, i think anyone can build a PC. i've even stepped total noobs through building their own rigs over IM before lol just my :2c:

steiner666,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
steiner666 said:
I got a tv off of newegg.com and used billmelater with the same 6 months with no interest deal and i had no problems. truth be told, i ended up procrastinating a bit and didnt get it paid off in time to totally avoid interest tho. i cant remember if i ended up only paying interest on the remaining balance or if, after the 6 months is up, you have to pay interest on the whole purchase price (it was like 4 years ago, give me a break! lol). that might be something to check first.

I read that once the 6 months is up: "if it has not been paid in full, you will be charged interest for the full 6 months regarding the purchase" :p.

steiner666 said:
but yeah, i dont know how much you know about computer hardware, but its really not hard to throw these things together even if you know nothing. Between the manuals and google, i think anyone can build a PC. i've even stepped total noobs through building their own rigs over IM before lol just my :2c:

You know, I was looking for the customization section on dell and tigerdirect for quite a while but couldn't find it. If you could help me find that, that would be nice :p. I'll go check out newegg.

The desktop I was looking at is just an hp it's not too bad, the only thing is I'll also need a monitor and this comes with one. Although it has an AMD processor which is a little sketchy :p, i rather intel.

But you can take a look for yourself

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6896080&Sku=H50-9000 CA

A few of my friends have hp's and they seem pretty reliable, and they're good starcraft computers :)

Anyway, yeah my decision is not final yet on which computer I intend to purchase I'm just moreso concerned with BillMeLater. Their reliability and customer service, etc... I'm gonna check out newegg right now though ^.^

Blackthoven,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
Lmao, you know Dell's aren't half bad. They have a bad history but they're definitely pretty good now, for the most part anyway. They bought alienware so they have all that fancy stuff now ^.^

Blackthoven,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
wow, i woulda said they were once good, and haven't been worth buying for 10 years. just my 2 cents, i'm in the build your own camp. learn some if you don't know how already and get a better computer in the end.

I also the think motherboard is one of the most important components to choose, and that's something that's almost always glossed over or proprietary when you buy prebuilt.

rabblerouser,

Nosferatu

Tigerdirect, no. Newegg, yes. I built several computers and always use newegg. Make a prefered account and you can have up to a year to pay off anything over a 1000 dollars or 6th months for 500 and so on.

Nosferatu,

steiner666

Serial vapist
masbanji92 said:
Tigerdirect, no. Newegg, yes. I built several computers and always use newegg. Make a prefered account and you can have up to a year to pay off anything over a 1000 dollars or 6th months for 500 and so on.

well, the problem is i dont think newegg ships outside of the US. I think thats why 90% of the ppl who use tigerdirect choose it over newegg.

And as far as what pre-assembled computer companies are good, i've had bad experiences with just about every brand at work and personally i think

steiner666,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
Well Steiner, you're gonna have to help me choose some parts! I do know a fair bit amount about computers, but not too much when it comes to assembling them and their mechanics, I'm just more familiar with their capabilities :D

Help me construct a computer that can play Starcraft 2 Ultra! Also, good enough to play games in the future, such as Diablo 3 when it is released sometime... never.

I've been looking at some parts but I can't stop making really expensive computers. ^.^ I would like an intel i5 because the i7 is too expensive, and the i3 is simply not as alluring as the i5 =). They are quite pricey though, so I'm open to alternatives. However! They are intense, and I found this:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7104084&Sku=B69-5203

And then there's this one:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7104085&Sku=B69-5204

which is less expensive and with a different motherboard, I know virtually nothing about motherboards, besides their function, so you'll have to help me out there too! And when I say "you'll have to", yes, I do mean you're obliged ;)

Do most graphic card fit into any computer, or are they mostly required to be compatible with the Motherboard like the CPUs?

Anyway, your help is appreciated and anyone else who has any input !

Blackthoven,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Either one of those combos would be good, along with

a 2x2GB ddr3-1600 set of ram (Patriot is my personal fav brand, but i've been using a lot of ocz and g.skill without complaints in most PCs lately). you can get 2x4GB or 4x2GB if you want, but you'll want to make sur eyou get a 64bit ver of windows or you wont be able to make full use of your ram. technically you shoudl use 64 bit to even see all of your 4GB.

you'll want an nvidia GPU since the boards are SLi (which means you'll be able to add a second GPU later on down the road and run them together, if you want) a gtx460 is more than enough to play star craft. my gtx260 does, as does my spare rigs aging 8800gt. Of course, the 470 and 480 perform slightly better for higher price, and the 500-series even more so. you get what you ypay for tho pretty much

then, all you need is a case, psu and drives. all of which are pretty universal. since the boards you're looking at are microATX you'll want to get a microatx form factor case. Look for something that looks liek it would have good airflow. IMO, the more and bigger the fans, the better. cause bigger fans will more more air at lower RPMs and therefore make less noise. I really really love this case:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6430025&Sku=A406-2012

especially if you get on of these
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5034941&CatId=5404

to put on the side. the only thing that sucks is that the holes on the case and the fan dont line up perfectly. so you cant use screws, but twist-ties or cable ties are more than enough to hold it in place. also. maybe some matching 120mm fans for the top/front if you care much about appearances.

for PSUs, just get an ATX one with good reviews. i've had good experience with antecs, but i think corsair has been making some good ones lately, and ocz too i think. for a single card 500w or so would be enough, but if you want to do SLi in the future i'd get at least 750w now so you don thave to later.

then for drive i'd recommend Western digital drives because they have lowest failure rate IME. The raptors are nice and fast, there are solid state drives which are faster still but more expensive and have questionable lifespans still. I personally and using a couple WD black drives in raid0 for my OS drive and a 1TB WD green for my media storage. the greens are slower access but use less wattage and generate less heat and have lower price, so, in theory, should last longer. however the black editions are full-rpms and have to chips and drive shaft motors as opposed to 1 in most drives. But really, drive performance will only effect your loading times mostly, so its best to spend your money more on GPU and CPU if you want more performance.

anyway that was just a quite write up to get you started. the only thing i didnt add is a dvd drive, but whatever one will work. i dont even use one personally lol, all digital storage media for me these days, optical is too prone to scratches and failure. If you dont want to do SLi then you could save money by getting a cheaper socket LGA1156 board to go with the i5. I've become a bit of an Asus fanboy over the years, but for good reasons. I also like EVGA tho and Gigabyte isnt bad. But just make sure that if you pick another board that its still micro atx or you'll have to find a diff case, and that its still uses dual channel ddr3 rather than trichannel (which of course means you'll need ram in sets of 3). And yyou can get faster than ddr31600mhz ram if you plan on OCing in the future maybe. if not dont worry about it.

steiner666,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
So here's the low-down...

The case you showed me is quite intense! But, I've picked out this case for now:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3756961&sku=A107-1114

Which is MATX case, I didn't look through all of them but this one is nice :D. Decisions at this point are not final... As for Memory/Ram I've heard Crucial is pretty good, so I went with them and I'm looking at a dual 4096MB, 1066MHz. I'm not too sure if these are good though, or if there will be any compatibility issues...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3356613&sku=C19-6044

Regarding GPUs, I was debating between Radeon HD and Nvidia, however, I like the SLi idea so I'll most likely try one of the GTX series, using the fan you recommended, and using WD as my hard drive supplier. I think 1TB is far more than enough and I couldn't even imagine filling half that space, but I couldn't resist so:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5659779&sku=TSD-1000EARS

As far as the CPU is concerned, I'm probably going to stick with the motherboard and i5 processor which I previously referenced.

The GTX 460 requires a minimum of 450W, and taking possible SLi into consideration I was looking at this PSU:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4362115&Sku=O261-2018

Mainly because it's cheap :p, but it's not 750W only 700W. That doesn't seem like a significant difference, but I'm afraid I'll end up buying this one and next generation GPUs will need more than I can provide with this PSU. Then again I could always just buy another one if that were to happen, and that would be sometime from now, I imagine. So with that in mind maybe I should just get a better quality lower wattage PSU:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6491962&Sku=O261-6322

But now my plans are foiled!

The case I picked only supports 500W power supplies, or up to 500W. And the second PSU I was considering is 600W :(

EDIT: I take that back, I think they were insinuating that it comes with a 500W PSU

EDIT again: I just have no idea anymore :p... Is any case able to hold any PSU?

Blackthoven,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I don't get the hatred towards Dell. We have had Dell's (desktop's and laptop's) for more than a decade, and they have always been great. I had one HP, and it was a nightmare with things breaking constantly, i.e.-modem, processor, etc.

Using "Bill Me Later" is fine, if you pay it off in 6 months. :)

Vicki,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
Vicki I agree, Dell's aren't that bad! They had a few years where they weren't doing very well with the combusting computers and all that :p, and who wants flaming electronics, fuck combustion right? ^.^"

But anyway, recently I think they've been making much more reliable technology especially regarding gaming.

As for hp's I've never had one but quite a few of my friends have them and I haven't heard of any issues with them, and I've even heard they have pretty good customer service! Maybe you were just unlucky :p

Blackthoven,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Blackthoven said:
So here's the low-down...

The case you showed me is quite intense! But, I've picked out this case for now:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3756961&sku=A107-1114

Which is MATX case, I didn't look through all of them but this one is nice :D. Decisions at this point are not final... As for Memory/Ram I've heard Crucial is pretty good, so I went with them and I'm looking at a dual 4096MB, 1066MHz. I'm not too sure if these are good though, or if there will be any compatibility issues...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3356613&sku=C19-6044

Regarding GPUs, I was debating between Radeon HD and Nvidia, however, I like the SLi idea so I'll most likely try one of the GTX series, using the fan you recommended, and using WD as my hard drive supplier. I think 1TB is far more than enough and I couldn't even imagine filling half that space, but I couldn't resist so:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5659779&sku=TSD-1000EARS

As far as the CPU is concerned, I'm probably going to stick with the motherboard and i5 processor which I previously referenced.

The GTX 460 requires a minimum of 450W, and taking possible SLi into consideration I was looking at this PSU:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4362115&Sku=O261-2018

Mainly because it's cheap :p, but it's not 750W only 700W. That doesn't seem like a significant difference, but I'm afraid I'll end up buying this one and next generation GPUs will need more than I can provide with this PSU. Then again I could always just buy another one if that were to happen, and that would be sometime from now, I imagine. So with that in mind maybe I should just get a better quality lower wattage PSU:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6491962&Sku=O261-6322

But now my plans are foiled!

The case I picked only supports 500W power supplies, or up to 500W. And the second PSU I was considering is 600W :(

EDIT: I take that back, I think they were insinuating that it comes with a 500W PSU

EDIT again: I just have no idea anymore :p... Is any case able to hold any PSU?

Yeah, pretty much any psu will fit most cases. the ill say about 98% of them comply with the atx standard of cases. The case youre looking at doesnt have as good of airflow design and layout. the psu being on the bottom like in the one i showed you give the case a lower center of gravity so its more stable cause thepsu is the heaviest part in the pc. the case also takes advantage of the fact that hot air rises so the two 120mm fans exhausting out the top, combined with the 120mm front and 200mm side intakes, will provide ideal airflow over the parts that need it most. the psu actually mounts with the fan facing downwards and draws air through a filter-covered hole in the bottom of the case. the handle is also really nice for transporting. also, that case i dont htink would allow for 200mm fan i linked you to to be mounted on the side.

crucial is good ram company, but you'll want to get ddr3 ram thats rated for a higher speed, or else you'll be limiting your performance noticeably. the ram you're looking at wont perform as well because its only running at 1000 or so mhz instead of 1600mhz, so quite the difference in games especially. Speed is more important than capacity in most cases, at least when you're going past 4GB, most games dont even use 2. The importance of your ram speed not bottlenecking your CPU is definitely worth the $,

same goes for the hard drives. as i mentioned, the WD green drives are lower power, slower access. they do this by spinning at 5600(ithink) rpms instead of the 7,200rpms of most desktop drives. The WD blue or especially black editions are better for you to install Windows and your games on because things will load a lot faster, from windows itself to your browsers, any program or game. so definitely get a smaller capactiy drive thats 7,200+rpms to go with that green drive to store media on (since streaming/playing media takes very little transfer speed). The WD raptors run at 10,000rpms so they're even faster still, hence the price. If multiple drive sounds liek too much of a bother for whatever reason, i'd just get one of those 640gb black ed drives and use it for everything.

as far as GPUs go, SLi is nvidia exclusive. ATI.... er, AMD now days, has an equivalent for multi-gpu which is called crossfire. if you want to go ATI i would suggest getting one of those instead, or just get a motherboard with a single PCI-E x16 slot and not worry about the higher wattage PSU either. I personally have never bothered with multi-GPU setups in my own PCs.

Oh, also, if that case does come with a PSU, its more than likely garbage. The only cases that may come with decent PSUs are Antecs, since theyre mainly known for their PSUs. But i think their microATX case selection is limited. Of course, a microATX motherboard will fit in a mid or even full ATX case, it will just look kinda silly.

Well i think i answered all yours ?s for now, if not just let me know.

*edit*
thought i should explain a bit more abou the PSUs. The ones that come with cases, and other garbage PSUs that you'll see for cheap that still have decent wattage ratings are no good because they dont provide enough amps for high end GPUs. The +12v amps are whats important. They are listed on the sticker on the side of the PSU, and usually in the detailed specs somewhere. Some cases have one big 12v rail, and some have multiples that work together. Ideally you should have 60+ combined amps on the 12v, whether its on one rail or multiple, just add them together 9they will be listed as +12vA, +12vB, +12vC, or numerically).

And dont worry too much about futureproofing for higher wattage demanding GPUs. they've kinda leveled off, and after a GPU has been out for a while they usually come out with lower wattage versions. but most PSUs do work better when being ran at less than 80% of their max output, so having a PSU with more watts than you need is a good idea in that way, it will be more efficient and probably last longer. not worth dumping a ton of money into tho if you're on a tight budget. 550w minimum for single GPU setups, 700w could work fine for sli, depends on amps mainly.

steiner666,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
Hmm, they actually have tons of casings, I will make sure to look at everyone! But like you mentioned, I'm wondering about the quality of those power supplies though - if the case is less than $100 and comes with power supplies and fans, yet some of the PSUs are similar in price on their own they must be trash. I'd rather buy an empty case, along with an efficient fan and PSU.

I must say I'm learning quite a bit... Also, I didn't realize what you meant by blue and black HDDs but after browsing I see what you mean. ^.^ However, I think I've found a pretty good WD black that I've been googling, which has some notable reviews, and it's not overly expensive with the sacrifice of some space.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4914330&CatId=2459

I was looking at RAM again as well and I found these Patriots :cool: :

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7028354&sku=P33-5200

But then I figured the price of these parts combined was rapidly increasing so I found an alternative which is still 1600MHz dual channeled with 4GB and they claim they are the "mainstream memory solution to the new intel i5 :p"

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5082127&sku=C13-8250

I alsoooo came across some intense cases too. It appears as though these cases have decent airflow, but maybe I'm wrong :). All except for the second one, I believe, have exhausts at the top with side and rear fans as well:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1446794&CatId=1509

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6577339&CatId=1845

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6634209&CatId=1509

The first one is the coolest anyway ;)

EDIT: Because these cases are quite expensive and I've already exceeded my budget and I don't even have a monitor :p, I decided to look at more cases and found this cooler Master (Sorry! A lot of links I know):

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6430031&sku=C283-3124

Blackthoven,

steiner666

Serial vapist
All the stuff you're looking at looks decent. Of course the NZXT i think looks like the best option as far as looks, layout, and quality, but that coolmaster case has a good layout too, and plenty of spots for aftermarket fans. As far as the cases, just pay attention to what size fan mounting spaces it has. A lot of them will have spots for 3+ fans but will only come with 1-2 sometimes, so you'll want to get some of the appropriate size to put on there. but yeah ram and hdd look good. unless you plan on overclocking in the future, the cheaper ram will serve you well enough.

i keep forgetting that you said you dont have a monitor already. SO yeah, its going to be hard to assemble a pc and buy a monitor for the same price as what the bigger computer companies offer. But they cut a lot of corners wherever they can to bring that price down, and it often limits the upgrade-ability of the computer. when you build your own you can be sure that its good quality from the motherboard up. I know newegg had some 19-20" Acer widescreen monitors for not much more than $100 the last time i looked, and those are nice for the price, so you could look for one of them on tiger. Another alternative to consider is that you could use a HDTV, as long as it has either a HDMI, DVI, or even VGA input. Much nicer to play games on :) I currently have my PC hooked up to one of those 19" acers and my 60" 3D DLP. But in the past i used just a 32" LCD HDTV for my only display and it worked great.

and yeah, theres a lot of little things you gotta learn as you go, but its all pretty easy. just a matter of going through the specs of each part and making sure its compatible with the rest. Thankfully, things are pretty standardized, so its actually pretty rare to run into compatibility issues these days.

steiner666,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Steiner,

Do you ever buy from Microcenter? I have gotten fair prices from them in the past. Also It sure is nice no longer having to deal with jumper settings (recently got a new computer, the last one died after six years).

chucku,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
So because I need to start being realistic, with all the information that you gave me (which I am very grateful for, by the way!) I compiled an affordable computer, not solely because I don't have a monitor but even moreso for things we didn't mention like the soundcard :), and other little things like the super epic gaming mouse I intend on buying to prevent carple tunnel when I'm going all out on SC2 :p

But on Newegg they have very nice, cheap (under $100) DDR3 patriot dual channeled RAM 1600MHz, and they also have less expensive graphic cards compared to Tigerdirect. I was contemplating combining from both sites, but that just gives leeway to confusion and issues. There is also shipping fees too so it may just end up being beneficial ordering completely from one site.

I'm going to stick with the OCZ StealthXtreme PSU 600W (ATX) - $80

I changed the GTX video card which was very expensive nearing two-hundred dollars, to the GTS 450, 1024MB for $130

I also changed the patriot RAM back the the dual Chanelled 1600MHz, 4GB Corsairs - $100

I'm going to remain with the Black 500GB Western Digital HDD because it is very well priced at $60

And I'm going to downgrade to an Asus motherboard and i3 processor :( combo for $200

With all these price cuts I think I'll be able to get the NZXT case rather than the cooler master ;) - $90

Total: $665.84

That price is not too bad at all! Unfortunately I don't have the HDTV in my room :p, so I'm going to be stuck getting a monitor. I'm going to take another look at the processors and motherboards because if I can't get the i5 I think I may take a peek at the Phenoms.

How do you think this intensity filled computer will fair on its own in the wild? ^.^

Once again I just want to thank you for helping me so much! :D

P.S. What do you think of this monitor? It's not the biggest of the bunch but it should suffice in size I don't need anything more, really...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6804712&sku=A466-1914

Blackthoven,

steiner666

Serial vapist
@ chucku, nah i havent had any experience with them. i do almost all my part shopping on newegg, occasionally sites like performances-pcs and frozencpu if i need to get special cooling equipment.

Most motherboards these days come with pretty nice onboard sound, which is why i didnt mention sound card. I us a creative x-fi, but my computer has a nice surround sound, dolby blah blah supporting onboard audio too. so even if i didnt have the card i would still have good audio. my favorite thing about the soundcard i have is that it has whats called SVM, or smart volume management, which basically acts as real-time volume normalization. its nice for watching movies and stuff, especially at night, so you dont have to keep adjusting the volume when it goes from people talking to loud music and explosions and whatnot. The added EAX effects are nice too, in games that support it, but not something most people would miss or see a need to spend $50-100 on a sound card for.

As far as changing the CPU and GPU, i would just look at reviews and benchmarks to see how they perform compared to others and see if the lower price is worth the performance cut. The GTX 450, for example, is the low performance model of the gtx 400-series cards. Even the numbers are technically higher, the GTX 260, 270, and 285 from previous generation cards still outperform it. The 450 will still play SC2 well enough, but might have trouble with new games in high resolutions especially.

and remember, if you switch a different motherboard to make sure that it works with the same type of ram. most cheap mATX boards will only have 2 ram slots, so if you put two 2GB sticks in you will be at your max with not room to add more sticks.

monitor looks pretty good.

my favorite gaming mice are logitech G9x and razer deathadder. i find that logitechs mice usually last longer tho, razer's skates and buttons seem to wear much faster, and the cords are much more delicate.

steiner666,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
Hey Steiner, so I went on Newegg.ca to compare with Tiger, and I was able to make a less expensive and similarly performing Desktop, I just had another question.

There are no Motherboard/CPU combo's (well, actually there are, but they also come with integrated GPU's and I didn't want that) so I had to choose my Mobo, and I was trying to find a decent quality inexpensive mobo and found an LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gbs.

However, the i3-550 processor is LGA 1156, and although I have no idea what LGA is I was just concerned once again with compatibility. So, what is LGA exactly, and will the processor and MOBO be compatible? The motherboard has "Core i7 / i5 / i3 (LGA1155)" under its specs... :S

As for mice, the deathadder is pretty intense, I've used one before :p surprisingly comfortable. And I've never heard of the G9X but it's kind of expensive! I think I'd prefer the G500

EDIT: I also should add that I changed the graphic card from Nvidia to the HD 5750 on Newegg, but I'm slightly confused because there are so many manufacturers... for one thing I didn't know there were so many companies that made the same GPUs , so now I'm just worried about quality. But, I chose to go with Sapphire:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102873

I read on another forum that there really isn't too many differences between these manufacturers besides appearance and I have difficultly believing that - they may have the same specs but maybe some overheat and aren't made very well, etc... I was just curious as to what you think and which companies I should stick to

Blackthoven,
Top Bottom