Butane lighter problems with filling.

gotbadvas

I ordered some of those slim Aomai lighters for my dynavaps years ago and one of them I could never get to take gas through the fill port. It would just come out all around the nozzle. I just parked that one and figured I would take it apart someday to try and fix it. No obvious problems like junk around the port or burrs on the end of the nozzle. So now I got my Ronx in from the amazon sale (it's branded as Gibot but the same thing). It's doing the same thing puking butane out when you try to fill it and there are no obvious defects. Some butane must be making it in as the lighter works but just leaks like a sob when you try to fill. I am going to try and fix it as I hate to return it to have it end up in a landfill. Figured I will just try and fix the old Aomai while I am at it. Anyone have any experience taking these things apart to fix this type of issue? Any tips or ideas you may have would be appreciated.

gotbadvas,

gotbadvas

Did you purge it before trying to fill it?
No I wish I would have but I assumed it was empty out of the box. I did try to ignite it a couple times to make sure there was no gas in it but maybe there was some in there and I didn't have the flame turned up enough. I am going to run it out and then try bleeding it out and see if that does anything but I know it wasn't the problem with the Aomai.

gotbadvas,

Greenleaf88

No I wish I would have but I assumed it was empty out of the box. I did try to ignite it a couple times to make sure there was no gas in it but maybe there was some in there and I didn't have the flame turned up enough. I am going to run it out and then try bleeding it out and see if that does anything but I know it wasn't the problem with the Aomai.
You should purge your lighters mostly b4 every refill will make the life of your torch last longer and working smoother, and good quality butane.

Good luck cheers

Greenleaf88,
Reactions: gotbadvas

Vaporware

There are also different tips that came with my butane at least. They’re under the cap and you just snap them off and attach them before use.

If you feel like you might not have the right fit for your lighter, that kind of adapter might help. Purging before filling is definitely a good idea though, and that could be all you need to do. Hope that helps!

gotbadvas

There are also different tips that came with my butane at least. They’re under the cap and you just snap them off and attach them before use.

If you feel like you might not have the right fit for your lighter, that kind of adapter might help. Purging before filling is definitely a good idea though, and that could be all you need to do. Hope that helps!
Good suggestion but I tried about 6 or seven different tips with no change. I still have to run out the fuel that's in it before I can do any further testing as I don't want to waste it to the atmosphere. I am taking a while to run through it heating vapcaps and I took a little detour with my Firewood 7. No rush but I will update if I take the torch apart.

Top Bottom