Burnt Resistor in Vaporizer

cmshort21

2 days ago I purchased a Vaporizer from "The Shed". It is a Vaporite Dual Deluxe Vaporizer model number VR002. I think I fried the resistor on the first time using it. This is unfortunate because the place where I purchased it will honor no form of return or exchange. I need to know what type of resistor to use to fix it (the colors are unreadable, but it says R2 underneath the resistor) or if you know of any other way of fixing this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

cmshort21,

tuttle

Can you post a pic of it, or can you describe any color bands that are on the resistor.

tuttle,

aero18

vaporist
You do know that device is Chinese? Next time do some research before going out and buying worthless products.

mod note: 'made in China=worthless' is worthless info in itself. Many of the world's largest companies have their products manufactured in China.

aero18,

tpzoso

Aero18 I'm well aware the product is Chinese and I did do my research. It worked fine prior to me using it in a friends car with a bad alternator which obviously fried it. I could very easily send it back to Half Baked Goods but being the Engineer that I am Id rather tinker with it myself. Forums like this are meant to bring people together to help each other by posting "answers" to their questions not smart ass remarks.

That being said, tuttle, at first I was unable to identify what the ring colors were because it had burnt up, however Im going to melt the solder holding it to the PCB tonight or tomorrow and may be able to see what colors they are from the underside.

Thanks for your responses!

tpzoso,

tuttle

tpzoso said:
That being said, tuttle, at first I was unable to identify what the ring colors were because it had burnt up...
That is a pretty good indication of where the problem is :p Good luck, hopefully the underside will be more legible. I would get the highest wattage replacement that will fit in its place. I wouldn't be surprised if you posted a detail picture of the board (or a wiring diagram) some of our very sharp electrical engineering types members could even give you an educated guess as to what you need.

tuttle,
Top Bottom