Breaking in a new vape

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
What ritual / process do you go through when breaking in a new vape?

Do you perform dry run burn offs, and if so how many and at what temps?

Do you clean the bowl, stems & pathway if possible before inhaling anything through it and what with (Iso?)

Do you use a particular product to flush the rubber / plastic / new taste out?

How much 'good stuff' are you prepared to waste before you start properly inhaling?

1DMF,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
What ritual / process do you go through when breaking in a new vape?
It's always a good idea to do a 'burn off' with a new vape. I would suggest doing it without any herb in it. There have been some vapes that don't lose the 'robot fart' smell before being used with herb though. If it bothers you to use mj, use something like peppermint to 'cure' the vape.

Do you clean the bowl, stems & pathway if possible before inhaling anything through it and what with (Iso?)
This is also a good idea. Machining particles, etc., can be left behind. ISO seems to be the best thing to use; although be careful on rubber parts as ISO can dry them out. If possible, a rinse with water is a good idea after the ISO.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Some vaporizers take longer to get the robot smell out than others. I see you bought an Ascent. The Ascent is one of the vaporizers that take a little longer to get rid of that new smell. After you use it a few times that smell will no longer be there. The Ascent is lined with all that silicone, I think that is part of the issue with that vaporizer.

There is a bit of a learning curve with the Ascent if that's the vaporizer you are talking about.

Some folks seem to have a capacity to notice smells more than others.

CarolKing,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Some folks seem to have a capacity to notice smells more than others.

Yup, I think I fall into that category, I may have been a smoker, but I have always had a good sense of smell.

I have broken my Ascent in and all is good apart from how much of a pain it is to clean.

Nothing has stunk like the VS2 I gave away as I wasn't prepared to even try it.

However, having bought a couple of premium vapes, it's clear they all need breaking in and are a bit stinky OOTB.

I definitely have the improved Solo as I unscrewed the top and checked that the electronics and the oven are completely separate so the pathway is pretty clean, other than the metal screw top and the hardened plastic that physically holds the oven in place.

1DMF,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You know you have the 2014 Solo if you can have it plugged in and vape at the same time.

CarolKing,
Reactions: 1DMF

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Plus I checked the serial number ;) M15D....

I got it from VapeFiend, who state they only supply the new ones, and so far I have found VapeFiend a vaper's friend!

Top Bottom