Bongs, Joints and Brownies Are Old News -- ‘Dabs’ Are All the Rage Among Cannabis Consumers

luchiano

You can always ingest before sleep. When you wake up, some effects should still linger (this depends on the length of the sleep).

I think this is something important most people don't consider. I know when I had health issues, and it was hard to get a nice deep sleep to feel better the next day, I noticed eating a low protein, high carb, medium-high fiber, meal at night gave me such a deep sleep that I felt like I slept for 8 hrs, even though it may have been 4-5hrs. I then noticed, waking up was much more smooth, and calming.

I would then start my day off with a high protein, high fat, high complex carb, high fiber diet, and I would still be calm, but the protein gave me more energy to keep me from getting sleepy. Having herb just enhanced these effects. Along with some tea of coffee in the daytime for energy. Now, this is my daily routine. High protein, high fat, high complex carbs, high fiber in the day(I just eat dried fruit, and drink coffee before my morning exercise for a source of quick energy) when I'm moving around or exercising, and low protein, high carb, medium fat, high fiber when I'm just sitting around at night. Keeping the room dark also enhances the deep sleep.

If you do this keep everything equal or close to equal in weight when you eat your big meal in the day. For instance make sure your carbs are equal to 8oz, your protein 6-8oz, your fat 8oz., and your fiber around 3oz-8oz. You want soluble fiber to be most of the 8oz. and insoluble fiber a little less. This keeps you from feeling like you have to shit every 5 seconds.

Keep that drinking that water also.

luchiano,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I can't speak for anyone else, but I do exactly what you describe, however, we chronic pain patients must also manage what is called "Breakthrough" pain. Pain is not static, it ebbs and flows like a sine wave, inflammation does as well.

That's exactly how it is for me. I can very much relate.

Vicki,
Reactions: t-dub

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I refuse to use oils because I feel solvent based concentrates are unnatural and can lead to harm. Thats why the Cloud is so important, I get medical grade relief with flowers and I can do some water hash as well.
Up-front tone disclaimer: I believe any one should be able to (or choose not to) ingest anything they want for whatever reason, so I respect your position.

Are you saying you don't like oils because they are unnatural, and because they are unnatural they can lead to harm, or are you saying you don't like them because they're unnatural, and also because they can lead to harm?

IMO, I'd argue that a solvent produced concentrate is more "natural" than the cloud, though I guess what you'd be ingesting wouldn't be the cloud per se, my point would be, if you are saying unnatural = unsafe, then I can't really think of a safe way to vape...
:2c::shrug:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: VAPORIZER22

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Are you saying you don't like oils because they are unnatural, and because they are unnatural they can lead to harm, or are you saying you don't like them because they're unnatural, and also because they can lead to harm?

IMO, I'd argue . . .
Both, and I don't want to argue. If you think solvent based oil dabbing is safer than vaping flowers in an almost totally glass airpath, then be my guest. I have no desire to debate the issue.

t-dub,

Gunky

If solvent-extracted oils are properly done they can be reasonably safe. Standards are pretty lax at present so caveat emptor. I greatly prefer the taste of sieved or water hash.

Gunky,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Both, and I don't want to argue. If you think solvent based oil dabbing is safer than vaping flowers in an almost totally glass airpath, then be my guest. I have no desire to debate the issue.
I never said that, please don't put words in my mouth.

Thanks for clarifying your position for me, I'm happy to leave it there, I was just curious :peace:

Frederick McGuire,
I certainly don't go around advocating oil over flowers or anything, but... If a dispensary is selling unsafe wax, I wouldn't trust their knowledge/ethics when it came to regular old bud. There's certainly plenty of ways nastiness can creep in there too. On a personal level, I have (in the name of tireless scientific research) overvaped the hell out of my mouth, to the point it felt numb/burnt. It's not something that's really in danger of happening again, but it did heighten my awareness regarding how harsh even water cooled vaping can be. I get just as elevated with my cloud as I do taking a little dab, but it takes 10 times longer, with 4-5 hits vs 1.

The bottom line is most of the world doesn't have access to safe bho at a reasonable price point. So exercise caution when buying or blasting. ;)

mrboote,
Reactions: Gunky
Top Bottom