Best way to remove mucus

Alexis

I'm thinking it might! It's worth a try.

I would avoid humidifiers with plastic reservoirs or anything that heats the essential oils, if you can avoid it. Medicinal components of essential oils are easily destroyed by heat and plastic can easily break down when in contact with EOs.

I suggest an Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser with a glass, ceramic or metal reservoir. These vibrate the oils to release their molecules into the air. No heat or plastic is involved. This approach provides the full therapeutic value of the oils.

They're not expensive and Amazon, as well as many others retailers offer a plethora of models to choose from.
Squiby, I am having terrific success vaporizing essential oils in my Herborizer, at around 150°C.

I am suffering zero adverse effects. The vapor is smooth and very pleasant tasting. I have deemd the temp be perfect to release the oils, without burning them even slightly, or causing any irritation whatsoever.
It is superbly effective at relieving my respiratory mucus, as an alternative to the steam inhalations.

I too would be very cautious of plastic contacting the oils @duckTape , but you have figured this out yourself.
You could try using a "netipot" for nasal irrigation. Just google it. Use fine salt I believe. I would always go for all natural unrefined, which should have more antimicrobial power than refined, bleached salt.

I personally have been using "sterimar sea water nasal spray" for years, because it is so easy comparednto neti pot rinsing.
There are 2 types of sterimar- "isotonic", for regular daily use, and "hypertonic" which has added copper. It is suggestd for short term use, when there is an infection.

It is very effective at bringing relief. I get mine on amazon, or ebay, wherevet I find the best price.
The oil of oregano should also help. And if you can some "Thieves" essential oil, discussed a lot in this thread, that is a very potent antimicrobial oil,,which will help a lot to inhale into your sinuses, either by steam inhalation,,or direct from your palms cupped over nose.

Back to vaping the oils, I really feel it is truly safe and highly effective. We are vaping the essential oils out of herbs at much higher temps. You just need to keep the temp at the right level, to avoid any burning, just to release the vapot.
The only problem I have with the method, is making the hemp bed just right every time to hold the oils- not too compact and clumpy,,and not too shallow and loose so that they drip though the hemp fiber too quickly due to the suction.

Alexis,
Reactions: duckTape

kushkush

happy camper....
Everything I've tried for diluting or getting rid of mucous failed, and then I found this....

Just get the Grossan Hydro Pulse Nasal and Sinus Irrigation System at Amazon....here....
https://www.amazon.com/Grossan-Hydr...qid=1501267213&sr=8-1&keywords=Grossman+sinus

That thing works miracles, trust me. And it's quick and easy to use. Oh yeah...and it gets rid of all the little tickles and itches in your nose from allergies that drive you mad.

------

kushkush,
Reactions: Squiby
Top Bottom