Best way to make edibles for a newbie?

sttevezuniga

I want to get out of inhaling anything, smoke or vapor and would rather just eat edibles once in a while. Last time i made a batch of some it was hit and miss, i did the decarb and followed the directions online but didnt get a particularly strong edible. What steps should a newbie focus on so I dont waste bud?

sttevezuniga,

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
I would suggest using concentrates for your edibles. Very easy to decarb and it's easy to figure out dosing. Or just get some RSO and add to your recipes, it's already decarboxylated ;) .

bulllee,
  • Love
Reactions: shredder

Nina

I second the RSO suggestion, I'd recomend melting it in with a small measured amount of a vegetable oil to make it easier to calibrate (depending on what sort of edibles you plan to make)
I have found that RSO is stronger/more effective when lecithin is added, not sure if others have found this but it might be worth considering.
Good luck, I switched to edibles over 2 years ago, although lately I've been vaping a couple of nights a week because I still enjoy the effects of inhaled cannabis:D

AndyO

I want to get out of inhaling anything, smoke or vapor and would rather just eat edibles once in a while. Last time i made a batch of some it was hit and miss, i did the decarb and followed the directions online but didnt get a particularly strong edible. What steps should a newbie focus on so I dont waste bud?

The "best" way - not the cheapest or most sustainable - but the "best", easiest, most foolproof and most "scientific" (in terms of measuring doses) is to get an Ardent FX or a POT by Noids. They do the decarbing and oil/butter/whatever infusion for you.

These aren't cheap devices, but I personally find them very easy to justify. The POT also makes FECO and reclaims the alcohol for re-use - it will have paid for itself after it's next use because of the reclaim and the cost of food-grade ethanol. And the FX I've had for years, using every month to decarb bud at the perfect temperature. I haven't had any wastage of flower or of "end product" (ie. oil) since I bought it. (The wastage comes from my questionable cooking skills...)

shredder

My best advice for a new edible maker is to read some of the many threads here. Then ask the good folks here for clarifications. Edibles come in many varieties, shapes, and potency. Learn how to dose, and have fun along your journey.

Top Bottom