Best Value Vacs

herbivore21

Thanks brother - you always have the right info :) I've been working off this so far. https://skunkpharmresearch.com/vacuum-purging-and-processing-tips/
Those are some good starting points my friend, but you need to more fully understand each kind of way that backflow can take place in order to prevent it and prevent damage to your pump over time which can become a new contamination risk above and beyond your pump's oil.

Some of those instructions can help to manage or avoid backflow (valves can go a long way to protecting this - but these do not prevent all contamination). Strictly speaking, you should use some kind of backstreaming trap too, to serve as an additional protection against pump oil contamination getting into your chamber.

Of course, none of this prevents damage to your pump internal components from the solvent/effluent you are purging and pulling through the internals! There is also no guarantee that the backflow protection mechanisms which you are using will protect you from the pump spitting back out nasty outgas byproducts of decomposition of internal components. This is why pumps that are rated to deal with your chosen effluent are still important! :2c:

herbivore21,
Reactions: killick

killick

But I like it!
The pumps include a preventer. As per #2 I'll be installing a valved 4way adapter, so no air will be pulled through the pump, just a filtered valve. I'm a retired nav eng - equally comfie working with explosives as healthy stuff, and the goal is always safe meds. That's why i love FC so much - lots of smart people helping other people get safer and smarter ;)

killick,
Top Bottom