Best storage form (rosin VS plant)

tgvp

Hey there,

For some obvious practical reason as the happy owner of a rosin press, I wonder which is the best way to store my favorite product in order to preserve flavor and effect as much as possible. In the form of dry herb or in the form of rosin? Note that I consume it essentially as rosin in the end.

I like to store my weed in a big sealed jar with on of those humidity packs, but maybe freezer for long term storage would be better? And I used to store my rosin in the freezer for longer-than-a-week-storage and in the fridge for daily usage. Nowadays, I'm trying some curing, with storage in the cellar (16°C, dark and dry all year long) and daily use at room temp.

As I don't always have access to weed best suitable for rosin, I tend to buy big for my rosin production when I manage to find some. But then I have to decide if I press it all at once in order to let it cure and age or would it be better to press only in the let's say 1 month before consumption?

shredder

Hey there,

For some obvious practical reason as the happy owner of a rosin press, I wonder which is the best way to store my favorite product in order to preserve flavor and effect as much as possible. In the form of dry herb or in the form of rosin? Note that I consume it essentially as rosin in the end.

I like to store my weed in a big sealed jar with on of those humidity packs, but maybe freezer for long term storage would be better? And I used to store my rosin in the freezer for longer-than-a-week-storage and in the fridge for daily usage. Nowadays, I'm trying some curing, with storage in the cellar (16°C, dark and dry all year long) and daily use at room temp.

As I don't always have access to weed best suitable for rosin, I tend to buy big for my rosin production when I manage to find some. But then I have to decide if I press it all at once in order to let it cure and age or would it be better to press only in the let's say 1 month before consumption?

I store quite a bit of rosin in glass or silicone containers in a mylar zip lock bag with oxygen scavenger packs in a freezer.

I prefer glass over silicone myself but my patients like silicone .

Freezing rosin pretty much keeps the rosin just like when it was frozen. I have some well over a year frozen and it's just like when it was squeezed.

Plus rosin doesn't take up the space stored herb does or seemingly lose potency over time like herb.

I store dry sift hash and feco in the freezer as well for the same reasons as rosin.

Top Bottom